move 2: Shadow Ball / Hex
move 3: Make It Rain / Thunder Wave
move 4: Recover / Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Well-Baked Body / Earth Eater / Bulletproof
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]

Defensive Gholdengo is a solid wall due to its great typing and moveset. Nasty Plot allows it to boost its already good Special Attack stat and deal huge damage to foes using Make It Rain and Shadow Ball without much investment. Thunder Wave + Hex can be used to cripple and deal increased damage to opponents. Recover allows Gholdengo to stay healthy at all times. Substitute can be used to avoid chip damage and Trick from Gengar while recovering health using Leftovers. Well-Baked Body makes Gholdengo a great check to Fire-types such as Cinderace, Iron Moth, Volcarona, and Talonflame while giving it a Defense boost when hit by their Fire-type moves making it harder to KO. Earth Eater can be used as an alternative in order to check Baxcalibur, Great Tusk, and Dragonite. Bulletproof blocks Pyro Ball and Shadow ball effectively making Gholdengo a great check to Cinderace, Gengar, and opposing Gholdengo. Corviknight and Greninja are great teammates as they can check Ground- and Fire-types for Well-Baked Body and Earth Eater Gholdengo respectively. Specially defensive Iron Moth is also a good teammate as it can check Primordial Sea users such as Greninja and Kilowattrel while also checking foe Gholdengo for Well-Baked Body and Earth Eater variants.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Frozoid, 532881]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
This is 1000% my fault, I told you this was available when it was not :sob:

I am so sorry, locking :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)