Tournament DCL I - Finals [Won by Land Before Timer]

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by vmnunes

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs or in your team's war room in the Discord. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Nyx
>>Replays<<
>>Commencement<<

vs

Land Before Timer (5) vs (2) Zero Fox Given
SV: (4) Habaduh vs lax (4)
SV: (1) Palkia62 vs GeniusX (3)
SV: (2) Finchinator vs Almighty Rye (2)
SS: (3) clean vs blittius (1)
SS: (2) SebbyVGC vs Addison0727 (2)
USUM: (1) LeJon Flames vs ~Undead~ (2)
ORAS: (1) Venoo vs GypsyKing (2)
VGC: (2) Tiddvicious vs trace (1)

Land Before Timer (0) vs (0) Zero Fox Given
SV: (4) Habaduh vs lax (4)
SV: (1) Palkia62 vs GeniusX (3)
SV: (2) Finchinator vs Almighty Rye (2)
SS: (3) clean vs blittius (1)
SS: (2) SebbyVGC vs Addison0727 (2)
USUM: (1) LeJon Flames vs ~Undead~ (2)
ORAS: (1) Venoo vs GypsyKing (2)
VGC: (2) Tiddvicious vs trace (1)

The deadline for this week is Sunday, December 10th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.

100percentpureheat

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past SPL Champion
Land Before Timer (5) vs (2) Zero Fox Given
SV: (4) Habaduh vs lax (4) - Habaduh is at least as good as any other SV player. Lax shows promise but is seemingly still learning the mechanics of pokemon. The good news for lax is that hab's team looks like shit and also has no switchins to blood moon. Could go either way.
SV: (1) Palkia62 vs GeniusX (3) - Were Palkias 1 through 61 already taken? The so-called Genius' flaccid arbok build will be overwhelmed by Palkia62's "six brokens" offense. The miraculous win streak continues.
SV: (2) Finchinator vs Almighty Rye (2) - The combination of ceaseless spam, iron moth, and shield dog are too much to handle for Rye's mono-grounded meow balance. This game will be boring and uncompetitive, just the way Finchinator likes it.
SS: (3) clean vs blittius (1) - The rematch the streets have been begging for. While the mu is seemingly even with both sides sharing the vaunted kokotinicobaniteswine core, foxes' blastoise actually makes this matchup quite favorable. Expect the bryann drone to bounce back from a bryann-tier showing last week and bully nicholas in the builder and in-game with some help from vastly superior SS support.
SS: (2) SebbyVGC vs Addison0727 (2) - Addison0727 is going to get rotom-washed.
USUM: (1) LeJon Flames vs ~Undead~ (2) - Here is Undead's team: zygarde, mega pidgeot, aegislash, stunfisk, tapu bulu, uxie, [two irrelevant meme picks]. Tune in Sunday night to see LeJon's Weavile do terrible things to this build. The silver lining is that as far as Weavile-provided thrashings go, it can't get any worse than it already has for Undead.
ORAS: (1) Venoo vs GypsyKing (2) - Despite a mediocre season and a below average matchup (is there a worse feeling than loading mega medi into a mew?) Gypsy will squeak out a win here.
VGC: (2) Tiddvicious vs trace (1) - Not a serious tier

Tiebreaks for funsies:
SV: Habaduh vs GeniusX
ORAS (Foxes pick): Venoo vs GypsyKing
SV (Timers pick): Palkia62 vs Almighty Rye

Last edited:
SV: Palkia62 vs GeniusX -ive taught xing everything I can. Should be enough to defeat Palkia62 although hes getting fed teams from Hab it seems he tries his best to throw anyway despite it.

USUM: LeJon Flames vs ~Undead~ - probably battle of the century, lejons entered a second prime undead just got washed by his father. lejons taking this with his eyes closed as big of an undead fan as i am.

ORAS: Venoo vs GypsyKing - Venos been pretty solid in ORAS while Gyspy King has been struggling as of late, seems like he might be falling off now. I've got Veno taking this handily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)