SPOILERS! Datamine Thread - Pokemon Information - Some Datamines

I hope they forget to fix this when Marshadow is added with DLC (please GF :psycry:) it becomes the first VGC legal mythical. :P

(Unlikely, since it sounds like the "legendary/sublegendary" list has been subdivided, giving mythicals and ultra beasts their own category, but since mythicals have always been banned there is probably a separate vgc legality list... but maybe they'll make the same mistake there!)

I guess the Paradoxes not being legends made them rethink their approach to the OTHER group of 570 BST 'mons with weird stuff going on. Those had been legendaries by the code for 2 gens (and Crown Tundra doubled down on their legendary status), but, this time around, I expect them to work the same way Paradoxes do: Regular wild 'mons in an specific area, without warranted IVs.

Beast Ball Poipole will be a thing this time around I wager.

I mean, we have Ungabunga Jigglypuff and Holidays Mall Prop Delibird with a stat total close to that of Zapdos, with the later being broken in singles... Those be legends functionally too.

I mean, we have Ungabunga Jigglypuff and Holidays Mall Prop Delibird with a stat total close to that of Zapdos, with the later being broken in singles... Those be legends functionally too.
Yes....?
I don't disagree. Even after we knew they weren't labeled as such internally I still put them in the same bin because *gestures at them* i mean come on

I'm just saying that unmarking the UBs makes the Paradoxes also being unmarked make more sense: they're treating them differently elsewhere, as their own subset of Pokemon, so now they're deciding to treat them differently internally.

glad for the high res version of the image because man it was so hard to actually discern what i was looking at.
Granted, it's still a little hard to discern, but much easier to make out what the head is, what seems to be the body, etc.

Kind of seems like a boat is sailing on the "tail"
The third legendary now looks like Dragon/Rock or maybe Dragon/Psychic instead of the Rock/Psychic I was initially betting on back when I thought the hexagon-coated globe was part of its body.

My current bet on the third legendary's ability is still that it can change its secondary type Multitype-style. Yes, that means you can have a pure Dragon third legendary form.

"Hexdon" or "Exidon", maybe?

I am stoked to have a potential turtle legendary, and I am going to hope against hope that someone at GameFreak finds the conviction to make it not dragon or psychic, despite looking kind of like a dragon-turtle. I expect some sort of multitype ability as well, but I am still going to pray to Arceus it is rock/ghost. Please Game Freak, give me a ghost turtle.

As matt notes in the follow up it doesnt include all the legendary Pokemon (does include Enamorus alone, though) and it's 7 short of the 230 number they were touting (which probably doesnt include the brand new Pokemon), but this is probably the bulk of what'll be in the DLC
How does this list compare with the current list of Gen 5-7 Pokemon and Alolan Forms that can't be transferred out of Home yet?

How does this list compare with the current list of Gen 5-7 Pokemon and Alolan Forms that can't be transferred out of Home yet?
Bolded ones are included in the doc:

- Snivy, Servine, Serperior
- Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
- Patrat, Watchog
- Pansage, Simisage
- Pansear, Simisear
- Panpour, Simipour
- Blitzle, Zebstrika
- Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny
- Ducklett, Swanna
- Furfrou
- Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon
- Minior

As for the missing Alolan Forms, Geodude is in, but Rattata isn’t.

The most intrigiung part of that list is that Smeargle is in.

I can't wait for what kind of atrocities they will come up with Smeargle this time.

The most intrigiung part of that list is that Smeargle is in.

I can't wait for what kind of atrocities they will come up with Smeargle this time.
Spore/(Stone Axe/Ceaseless Edge)/Shed Tail/Salt Cure sounds like fun. I'm sure that's only the tip of the toxic iceberg lol. [Sleep/Break Sash+Set Hazards/crazy support move/most annoying chip move ever]

This has been fixed as of about 3 hours ago, but for a while you could go online without updating to v1.2.0 and attempt to catch the new Paradoxes, which results in catching a nonexistent species, which immediately turns into a Bad Egg that can't be released or traded (making it stuck forever).

Even worse, the Bad Egg doesn't fix itself after updating and it also counts as your one catch on that save file.

The online servers will now make you update to v1.2.0 to connect, but no idea how/if they will fix the save files of people who already have Bad Eggs.

Atrius97 posted on Discord that the Bad Egg ends up with a mess of garbage data plus some of the data from the Pokemon you sent into the raid, which explains why updating after the fact doesn't fix it (this feels like info that shouldn't be locked to Discord).

Interesting finding

Khu mentioned something he compared to PKHex....I wonder if that's what this function might be related? You generate a Pokemon else where, perhaps through Home or some website akin to Global Link, and then send it to your game? Maybe get items that way too, and maybe customize some outfits?
My assumption for the PKHex feature would be tied to the time machine Turo / Sada used. We saw them get masterballs from there after all. Maybe it could be the third school too since that has a focus on battling, though that feels less likely. The mention of apparel is a bit strange though.

EDIT: Probably should have read the tweet the whole way through. PKHex feature being done through an external website seems more likely then, yeah.

This has been fixed as of about 3 hours ago, but for a while you could go online without updating to v1.2.0 and attempt to catch the new Paradoxes, which results in catching a nonexistent species, which immediately turns into a Bad Egg that can't be released or traded (making it stuck forever).

Even worse, the Bad Egg doesn't fix itself after updating and it also counts as your one catch on that save file.

The online servers will now make you update to v1.2.0 to connect, but no idea how/if they will fix the save files of people who already have Bad Eggs.

Atrius97 posted on Discord that the Bad Egg ends up with a mess of garbage data plus some of the data from the Pokemon you sent into the raid, which explains why updating after the fact doesn't fix it (this feels like info that shouldn't be locked to Discord).

Pokemon has officially acknowledged the bug and are confirming that some kind of fix is in the works for people who already have Bad Eggs in their save files.

So in others words, we will pull a Sada/Turo be able to conjure forth Pokemon from our own imaginations?
Honestly, the more I think about this, the more likely I think one of these is possible:
  • You may only make a Paradox-category Pokemon this way
  • You may only make a Terapagos this way
Otherwise, you bet people will make mythicals like Volcanion.

Honestly, the more I think about this, the more likely I think one of these is possible:
  • You may only make a Paradox-category Pokemon this way
  • You may only make a Terapagos this way
Otherwise, you bet people will make mythicals like Volcanion.
I mean it makes sense for there to be restrictions but I don't think it is purely going to be that limited.

Mythicals will probably be off limits regardless.

It doesn't exactly have to be that complicate, since Mythicals have some "list" in the code, so if they really wanted a "in-game-pkhex" they can just have it exclude mythicals and/or legendaries in the same way VGC filters them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)