SPOILERS! Datamine Thread - Pokemon Information - Some Datamines

Along the lines of the PokeDoko video discussion occurring here, The Pokemon Company has announced that they're releasing a commemorative video of encounters with all 1008 Pokemon tomorrow:

I'm currently betting on these:
  • Natdex numbers for all Pokemon is pretty likely
  • Official art for all Pokemon has an OK chance (in the lower left corner or something with the Natdex number)
  • Even with each Pokemon only being shown for one second each, the video will be over 15 minutes long assuming each Pokemon is shown individually - the best way The Pokemon Company makes a shorter video than this is by showing footage of multiple Pokemon at the same time (for the same second - e.g. all 3 members of the Bulbasaur line for 1 second, all 4 Tapus for 1 second, all 4 Ruinous Legends for 1 second, all Eeveelutions for 1 second, all Ultra Beasts for 1 second)
  • Shoutouts to the Meltan line for almost certainly forcing the video to switch to Pokemon GO footage for the duration of their clips (and back to the main series for all other mons)
  • No announcements at the end (that's the PokeDoko video's job!)
In the meantime, The Pokemon Company's video looks like it'll steal a lot of the PokeDoko video's thunder at first glance. How will the PokeDoko video one-up it? Announcements at the end?

Along the lines of the PokeDoko video discussion occurring here, The Pokemon Company has announced that they're releasing a commemorative video of encounters with all 1008 Pokemon tomorrow:

I'm currently betting on these:
  • Natdex numbers for all Pokemon is pretty likely
  • Official art for all Pokemon has an OK chance (in the lower left corner or something with the Natdex number)
  • Even with each Pokemon only being shown for one second each, the video will be over 15 minutes long assuming each Pokemon is shown individually - the best way The Pokemon Company makes a shorter video than this is by showing footage of multiple Pokemon at the same time (for the same second - e.g. all 3 members of the Bulbasaur line for 1 second, all 4 Tapus for 1 second, all 4 Ruinous Legends for 1 second, all Eeveelutions for 1 second, all Ultra Beasts for 1 second)
  • Shoutouts to the Meltan line for almost certainly forcing the video to switch to Pokemon GO footage for the duration of their clips (and back to the main series for all other mons)
  • No announcements at the end (that's the PokeDoko video's job!)
In the meantime, The Pokemon Company's video looks like it'll steal a lot of the PokeDoko video's thunder at first glance. How will the PokeDoko video one-up it? Announcements at the end?
Honestly I wonder if there was some asterisk involved and PokeDoko's video is just this one...but premiered on television!. Either that or its just the cast having fun with it, maybe showing their own experiences or whatever. Shokotan is I presume still part of the program and they like playing up her connection with the franchise.

Still the fact TPCi is showcasing this video does make me believe that tomorrow will also be when all the Pokedexes update with Gen 9 so that'll be fun.

My fun thing to see happen will be how they handle Pokemon that have never been available in the wild. Show an evolution screen? Show a trainer battle? Just debug an encounter for consistency? That'd be a little funny.
Judging by the LA + gen 9 stuff shown in the image it looks like they'll get around this in Gen 9 by just showing Pokemon out of their ball and doing a pose/in the wild

Honestly I wonder if there was some asterisk involved and PokeDoko's video is just this one...but premiered on television!. Either that or its just the cast having fun with it, maybe showing their own experiences or whatever. Shokotan is I presume still part of the program and they like playing up her connection with the franchise.

Still the fact TPCi is showcasing this video does make me believe that tomorrow will also be when all the Pokedexes update with Gen 9 so that'll be fun.

My fun thing to see happen will be how they handle Pokemon that have never been available in the wild. Show an evolution screen? Show a trainer battle? Just debug an encounter for consistency? That'd be a little funny.
Judging by the LA + gen 9 stuff shown in the image it looks like they'll get around this in Gen 9 by just showing Pokemon out of their ball and doing a pose/in the wild
I was thinking that the mythicals' footage (e.g. Jirachi, Shaymin) would involve them being received as event-only gifts.
I think no-wild, no-trainer, non-legendary, and non-mythical Pokemon like Melmetal and Gholdengo will get evolution screen footage (or perhaps just overworld footage like everyone else).

The PokeDoko video is being promoted as a "world premiere", so I don't think The Pokemon Company's video and PokeDoko's video are the same.

I hope they forget to fix this when Marshadow is added with DLC (please GF :psycry:) it becomes the first VGC legal mythical. :P

(Unlikely, since it sounds like the "legendary/sublegendary" list has been subdivided, giving mythicals and ultra beasts their own category, but since mythicals have always been banned there is probably a separate vgc legality list... but maybe they'll make the same mistake there!)

The answer to "how will they handle pokemon not found in the wild" was "just use the pokedex and evolution screens, stupid" followed by "just have them out of the ball and do some pose, stupid" for the gen 9 pokemon

The official Pokedexes haven't updated yet, sadly. But the Scarlet/Violet websites have updated with the starter evolutions, Gholdengo, Tusk, Treads, Tail, Bundle, Moon & Valiant

No news of anything from the video it seems. Not really the slightest bit mad at all though. That was a really well edited little celebration of 1000 Pokémon that had to take an ungodly amount of effort to put together between all the edits and video capture. Super charming little piece.
Spoke too soon, tiny bit of something an announcement of an update nearly two months out:

My thoughts are:
-it's going to go live on Pokemon Day. "Late February"....you're not fooling anyone, Pokemon
-Home will likely receive its update as well
-You know what sure. I think we'll see a Battle Tower-esque update like LA had. A little optimism. As a treat.
-I don't know why but somehow...I feel they'll add more sandwiches.

I’m guessing the league building will be repurposed into a battle tower style thing? Maybe with the E4/other randoms being battleable like in SM. I doubt they’ll go as far as new buildings/areas for a free update.

I wonder if there’ll be anything else, daybreak had a few extra features and quests so I’m guessing it’ll be similar.

I don’t know if it’ll include the home update because I feel like they just would’ve said, and it doesn’t require and update to SV anyway.

Oh Home is getting an update in Early February!

For the Battle Data aspect, not the transfer aspect.

In case you want a quick guide, these are the species/formes that are in SV, but aren't obtainable through regular gameplay, and depend on HOME and events to be catchable, ordered by Nat Dex number of the debut of their line/group:

We have gotten 2 lines out of all of them. And the lack of Tentacool and Miltank hurts (as does Wailmer and Pinsir to a smaller degree).

I
- Since they said Home compatibility is coming out in spring, we already knew it wasn't going to be on Pokemon Day.
- I'm guessing the functionality added to SV 1.2 is the previously-announced thing where the game communicates with Pokemon Go (not Home).
It’s an update for the mobile version I believe that shows battle data

- I'm guessing the functionality added to SV 1.2 is the previously-announced thing where the game communicates with Pokemon Go (not Home).
Oh yeah, the Roaming Form Gimmighoul thing. Good shout, I’ll bet that’s it.

It’s an update for the mobile version I believe that shows battle data
That’s the HOME update that’s slated for early February. There’s a separate update for SV scheduled for late February, containing bugfixes and “added functionality.”

Oh yeah, the Roaming Form Gimmighoul thing. Good shout, I’ll bet that’s it.

That’s the HOME update that’s slated for early February. There’s a separate update for SV scheduled for late February, containing bugfixes and “added functionality.”
Oh okay then not sure what it could be at this point, unless they bring forward the comparability HOME update

Oh okay then not sure what it could be at this point, unless they bring forward the comparability HOME update
Zowayix is probably right its the Go Functionality.

Which is noted as not bringing Pokemon from Go to SV.

It has been confirmed that Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet—slated for release on Friday, November 18, 2022—will link with Pokémon GO. Linking these games will allow you to get Roaming Form Gimmighoul in Pokémon GO. This feature is slated for 2023, so please wait for future announcements to learn more.
NOTES: You cannot send Pokémon from Pokémon GO directly to Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet.

Guessing it's something you do through the Portal like you link an account or put in a code to connect the pair so Roaming Gimmighoul can show up.

So in all that hubbub with The Pokemon Company's commemorative video and the official Pokemon SV website update, we got exactly 1 Gen 9 National Dex number confirmed...
...lucky #1000, Gholdengo's.

But maybe, just maybe, we have the data-mined strongly suspected Gen 9 Natdex numbers virtually confirmed, too! All the numbers in the video shown for the Gen 9 mons correspond to the strongly suspected Gen 9 Natdex numbers exactly! And at least we're safe knowing that one of them is confirmed...(man, I wish that number were Annihilape's instead of Gholdengo's, though, as Annihilape's number is different in each numbering system, while Gholdengo's is the same in both the strongly suspected Natdex numbers and the distilled Paldea regional dex numbers...)

About the video itself, some thoughts I have about it:
  • I wasn't predicting the encounters with the majority of Pokemon to be compressed into seconds-long segments with upwards of 30 mons in them. This is a smart decision to make the video less than 10 minutes long, though.
  • Dang, I guessed them not compressing all Eeveelutions into one segment wrong. At least I got them not compressing the Ultra Beasts right!
  • Slowing down the mon pace for the Gen 9 mons (and stalling out at the last Gen 8 mon, Enamorus, at #905) was a nice touch, though.
  • I wasn't quite expecting the great slowdown at #999-#1000, even with the slowed Gen 9 pace active. At least that's a nice place to put a limit break, though.

About finally introducing the ability to catch Gimmighoul-Roaming in Pokemon GO, I'm starting to bet that Gimmighoul-R's evolution method there is 999 Gimmighoul Candy, proof of the ?????? Coin in your inventory, and possibly a treasure chest with a belt. I'm stuck thinking that the GO evolution method won't be that much easier.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special about Ghimmi-R, isnt it going to be just a novelty collector form with no actual use?

About finally introducing the ability to catch Gimmighoul-Roaming in Pokemon GO, I'm starting to bet that Gimmighoul-R's evolution method there is 999 Gimmighoul Candy, proof of the ?????? Coin in your inventory, and possibly a treasure chest with a belt. I'm stuck thinking that the GO evolution method won't be that much easier.
When Gimmighoul was in Go for its reveal, it also collected its own coins. I think it was capped at 100. I'm guessing isntead of candy it wil ljust use the coins (increase the cap if needed)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special about Ghimmi-R, isnt it going to be just a novelty collector form with no actual use?
It's just a novelty, yes. It moves most of its defenses into speed and swaps Rattled for Run Away and that's it. Same learnset and evolution method.

It's a smart way of handling it. Go still gets something "exclusive" and fun to tie into the games, but you're not actually losing out on anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)