SPOILERS! Datamine Thread - Pokemon Information - Some Datamines

Which basically means it was actually GameFreaks accidentally giving R9K stuff they had no business having.

Eh, to be fair, stuff like that happens. After all, dataminers already had found leftover data in SwSh itself.

What gets me curious is the presence of the (from what I understood) full 1k+ pokemon sprites.
I was actually assuming that in its final form (aka once all DLCs are released) SV will have every pokemon available. One more reason to believe so.
(After all, if we now account for SwSh, BDSP, Let's Go and SV, I think there's like, less than 50 pokemon left that don't have a "updated model" I believe?)
The sprites aren't in rk9, at least; the sprites (shown above) were from a separate thing for the stream and we didnt' see all of them.

I doubt this is proof of anything akin to "EVERY pokemon is here!!" by the end of SV's life (I think we'll get ~+200 and that's about it). This seems to be the "standard" style they want to use for box sprites (BDSP already made the first 4 generations anyway) now, so I imagine these also get applied to Home; we already know the battle data will have them. There being other options to view all Pokemon in some fashion, separate from the render style they currently use, would make sense.

I reckon a HOME promo from just before SV released showed those sprite style, and seeing HOME will have the entire set of 'mons, well, makes sense. Better than merely having the Sugimori-posed renders, although both things are nice.

And remember that the phone app version of HOME has MODELS of everything. And data of every move. And Spinda face rendering works properly, unlike BDSP (that's why Spinda cannot make it into or out of BDSP). The symmetrical panda I managed to generate can only be seen on phone:

It was mentioned by Riddler Khu on twitter that we could get a dlc announcment as soon as next week. I hope we do soon.

The sprites aren't in rk9, at least; the sprites (shown above) were from a separate thing for the stream and we didnt' see all of them.

I doubt this is proof of anything akin to "EVERY pokemon is here!!" by the end of SV's life (I think we'll get ~+200 and that's about it). This seems to be the "standard" style they want to use for box sprites (BDSP already made the first 4 generations anyway) now, so I imagine these also get applied to Home; we already know the battle data will have them. There being other options to view all Pokemon in some fashion, separate from the render style they currently use, would make sense.
I agree that they're probably making all of the party images for HOME - hopefully we can swap between the art style used with the new Update. Although there is this;

Not sure what it could be, it's probably nothing important - it could be a montage of every Pokemon with an official "Party" artwork or something? Although not sure that is going to make us enjoy the games 100x more though, but lol

It was mentioned by Riddler Khu on twitter that we could get a dlc announcment as soon as next week. I hope we do soon.
If we look at SWSH's update timeline then this week would be the week for a Direct announcement (Potentially tomorrow then the direct the following day, as usual for their pattern) If not, probably sometime next week. I imagine by the end of January we'll know. If not, it'll be Pokémon day.

But there's the question of release dates/how it'll be released. If it's in two parts, I can potentially see the pattern being late March/ early April (to coincide with the HOME update) because they wouldn't want it to be overshadowed by Tears of the Kingdom, then the second part in October. If it's just one DLC, then I'm not sure, cause I doubt they'd want to miss any holiday sales, but waiting a whole year for DLC (Which won't be as enticing whatever way you look at it) would be pretty shit

Then there's a small rumour that TLOZ Tears of the Kingdom will be the last big release on Switch (in preparation for Switch 2 in 2024) so there's no hope of a brand new release in November 2023 if that's the case, so DLC would be wrapping things up pretty quick.

Aware I've gone off topic a wee bit lol but

I'm guessing if it's a 2-part DLC again (& I think it will be, it keeps the game "alive" for the remainder of the year with 2 major updates) it'll be once in June/July and once around November, just like last time
2 is a given for me, but I wouldn't completely exclude the possibility of a 3rd.
During SwSh cycle, we had both BDSP and L.A. releasing, which while not strictly mainline entries, did still more or less cover some of the years that pass between mainline games.

As it is now, I don't think they have other games planned specifically for the next 2 years: idk if they will bother with a gen 5 remake/sequel considering how bad the reception of BDSP was and also the fact that it feels...too early, so to say.
Having 3 major updates instead of 2 would slot pretty well into the 2 year window if there are no other releases.

2 is a given for me, but I wouldn't completely exclude the possibility of a 3rd.
During SwSh cycle, we had both BDSP and L.A. releasing, which while not strictly mainline entries, did still more or less cover some of the years that pass between mainline games.

As it is now, I don't think they have other games planned specifically for the next 2 years: idk if they will bother with a gen 5 remake/sequel considering how bad the reception of BDSP was and also the fact that it feels...too early, so to say.
Having 3 major updates instead of 2 would slot pretty well into the 2 year window if there are no other releases.
Meanwhile I think it is significantly more likely we just get 2 drops and at this very moment Next Game (TM) (Legends Unova, Lets Go Johto, Kanto Again, whatever) is in progress and while it is by no means guaranteed I won't rule out that they're letting ILCA have another go at something (or some other company, who knows) and also Gen 10 is in preproduction.
BDSP had "bad reception" but it sold extremely well and the issues that lead to the reception are probably a known factor internally, so...I don't think they're gonna look at that as a reason to skip something akin to it entirely.

the grind never stops

Side note did you know ILCA helped work on SV as well though the credits are ridiculously vague? they assisted with something about Story ("Story Partner" alongside DCG Entertainment) and "Planning Partner" alongside several other companies. Guessing assisted with cutscenes and stuff?

I agree that they're probably making all of the party images for HOME - hopefully we can swap between the art style used with the new Update. Although there is this;

Not sure what it could be, it's probably nothing important - it could be a montage of every Pokemon with an official "Party" artwork or something? Although not sure that is going to make us enjoy the games 100x more though, but lol
Also going back to this a second, that's a variety show that rarely shows anything and like a lot of media loves exaggerating things. You can enojy everything so much more!!! ONE HUNDRED TIMES MORE!!!! Between all the switch games you get access to like 98% of all Pokemon so its not untrue anyway.

If they get to show off anything new (I'm genuinely unsure when the last time these things have gotten to show off anything "new") I'm guessing they show off Gholdengo

Meanwhile I think it is significantly more likely we just get 2 drops and at this very moment Next Game (TM) (Legends Unova, Lets Go Johto, Kanto Again, whatever) is in progress and while it is by no means guaranteed I won't rule out that they're letting ILCA have another go at something (or some other company, who knows) and also Gen 10 is in preproduction.
BDSP had "bad reception" but it sold extremely well and the issues that lead to the reception are probably a known factor internally, so...I don't think they're gonna look at that as a reason to skip something akin to it entirely.

the grind never stops
Eh, I mean, not that i'd *dislike* a new Legends or Let's Go game, don't get me wrong, I just find kinda sus that none has been mentioned yet by now. Though they could indeed drop a Direct this week and amaze me anyway.

Side note did you know ILCA helped work on SV as well though the credits are ridiculously vague? they assisted with something about Story ("Story Partner" alongside DCG Entertainment) and "Planning Partner" alongside several other companies. Guessing assisted with cutscenes and stuff?
Tbh, I don't think ILCA per se did a bad job with BDSP. I just assume they had little time AND basically a strict direction with very little say on what to do. The few things they DID do on their own, like updated boss fights, were good (well, maybe a bit TOO good, postgame fights are basically romhack tier lol), so it's not that I mind them still working on stuff.

Eh, I mean, not that i'd *dislike* a new Legends or Let's Go game, don't get me wrong, I just find kinda sus that none has been mentioned yet by now. Though they could indeed drop a Direct this week and amaze me anyway.
?? why would they announce those already? They haven't announced anything.

I'm not even saying they're announcing them now. Just that they will probably be happening after the DLC is done this year.

I'm not even saying they're announcing them now. Just that they will probably be happening after the DLC is done this year.
Idk, many gaming companies that aren't GameFreaks tend to hint at games and/or DLC existance over a year before their release, at this point I get surprised any time they don't do that...

Looking forward to the mystery gift where we get 100 sandwich picks for free!!

Also a leak with upcoming moves and sprites being revealed through a tournament assistance program is actually shocking. I would have figured stuff like this would have been pretty delicately kept close to the mothership’s heart. I guess the mini sprites are a bit less surprising, given it might just be some new asset they just have around and use all the time a la the corporate (dream world) art, but still. Translated DLC moves being in there is insane. Absolutely the last place I’d expect this sort of stuff to surface.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
So, from what I’ve read from last page, the Legendary Past Paradox is part Water, which means it’s principally a Suicune Paradox with traits of other two Legendary Beasts, and Legendary Iron Paradox is part Psychic… but for some reason, instead of Fighting, it’s also Grass, likely to emphasize Virizion over Cobalion and Terrakion.

Only question is, what would their BST be like? As high as 590 like the Mega Evolution inspired Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant? As high as 600 like certain Legendary Pokémon and most Mythical Pokémon? Possibly higher than that? As well as if the statline would be similar to Suicune and Virizion respectively but more optimized, or if it goes into a different direction.

Only question is, what would their BST be like? As high as 590 like the Mega Evolution inspired Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant? As high as 600 like certain Legendary Pokémon and most Mythical Pokémon? Possibly higher than that? As well as if the statline would be similar to Suicune and Virizion respectively but more optimized, or if it goes into a different direction.
Considering how all Ruin Legendaries were more or less hyperspecialized, and so were most Paradoxes, I'm fully expecting 600 with a high degree of optimization.

Also, picking Virizion is very likely cause... Suicune / Virizion... S V... Scarlet / Violet :tymp:
(Someone also mentioned another reasoning, one being Suicune is actually a "cover lege", but SV seems like a more appropriate reasoning)

Typing is all up in the water though.
All Paradoxes share one typing with their original form, so Suicune being Water/X is guaranteed, however the second one could be Grass/X or Fighting/X.
Personally, I'd expect Future Virizion to be Fighting (keeping the shared bit of the knights)/ Psychic, with Past Suicune most likely be Water / Psychic, with both having access to moves of all the types of their original mons.

So, from what I’ve read from last page, the Legendary Past Paradox is part Water, which means it’s principally a Suicune Paradox with traits of other two Legendary Beasts, and Legendary Iron Paradox is part Psychic… but for some reason, instead of Fighting, it’s also Grass, likely to emphasize Virizion over Cobalion and Terrakion.

I could see 600 just because it puts them one step above the 2 Mega-inspired ones.
Considering how all Ruin Legendaries were more or less hyperspecialized, and so were most Paradoxes, I'm fully expecting 600 with a high degree of optimization.

Also, picking Virizion is very likely cause... Suicune / Virizion... S V... Scarlet / Violet :tymp:
(Someone also mentioned another reasoning, one being Suicune is actually a "cover lege", but SV seems like a more appropriate reasoning)

Typing is all up in the water though.
All Paradoxes share one typing with their original form, so Suicune being Water/X is guaranteed, however the second one could be Grass/X or Fighting/X.
Personally, I'd expect Future Virizion to be Fighting (keeping the shared bit of the knights)/ Psychic, with Past Suicune most likely be Water / Psychic, with both having access to moves of all the types of their original mons.
I think it'll wind up being Grass/Psychic just because Grass keeps the focus on "Virizion" (also its name is likely Iron Leaf which to me would be like Sandy Shocks being neither ground nor electric)

I dunno if Suicune winds up also being Psychic, however. The "Hydro Steam" move kind of makes me think it might be Water/Fire. Fire less to recall Entei specifically and more to reference boiling water like Volcanion. Entei & Raikou both provide heat, after all.

Water/Flying would also be....interesting. Calls on the trios connection to the wind stuff (Suicune's the North Wind, Raikou's thunderclouds, Entei's smoke) and Steam can kind of work as a Flying thing i na similar vein

In order for the "100x more" to not sound like an outright exaggeration, I'm currently betting that there's a big announcement at the end of the video. I'm hoping for these, from most hype to least hype:
  1. Pokemon HOME compatibility with Pokemon SV is released (this would be huge!)
  2. Pokemon SV DLC(1) is announced
  3. Pokemon HOME compatibility with Pokemon SV release date is announced
  4. Gimmighoul-Roaming is made catchable in Pokemon GO (they better implement Gholdengo in Pokemon GO at the same time - I can actually see the "Celebrating 1000 Pokemon!" Pokemon GO event for this, with Make It Rain as the event-exclusive evolution move)
  5. All Natdex numbers of Gen 9 Pokemon are released (and confirmed)
  6. All Ken Sugimori art of all Gen 9 Pokemon is released (how the heck do we have official art of all Paradoxes and Ruinous Legends but not Finizen or Tandemaus?!?)
Of course, no announcement at the end also seems pretty likely.

In the meantime, I'm currently betting that Past!Suicune will be named "Raging Waters" and be Water/Fire, while the safe bet for Future!Virizion was "Iron Leaf" and either Fighting/Psychic or Grass/Psychic. My current bets for the 3rd legendary are that it's named "Hexisc" (the games hint that its name is 6 letters long) and that it either has a Multitype clone or it's Rock/Psychic. ...And Khu (I think) implied it looks like a really fancy Tera hat, probably with that entire phantasmagoric globe depicted in the Scarlet/Violet Books on top.

1. Pokemon SV DLC(1) is announced
  2. Pokemon HOME compatibility with Pokemon SV release date is announced
  3. Gimmighoul-Roaming is made catchable in Pokemon GO (they better implement Gholdengo in Pokemon GO at the same time - I can actually see the "Celebrating 1000 Pokemon!" Pokemon GO event for this, with Make It Rain as the event-exclusive evolution move)
  4. All Natdex numbers of Gen 9 Pokemon are released (and confirmed)
I see all of these likely (though not necessarly the first less than the others).

I don't think they'll just shadowdrop the Home compatibility yet. It was stated for spring 2023 and I somewhat doubt it's ready 3 months in advance.
Not that I'd mind eh, just I don't see that happening.

In order for the "100x more" to not sound like an outright exaggeration, I'm currently betting that there's a big announcement at the end of the video. I'm hoping for these, from most hype to least hype:
  1. Pokemon HOME compatibility with Pokemon SV is released (this would be huge!)
  2. Pokemon SV DLC(1) is announced
  3. Pokemon HOME compatibility with Pokemon SV release date is announced
  4. Gimmighoul-Roaming is made catchable in Pokemon GO (they better implement Gholdengo in Pokemon GO at the same time - I can actually see the "Celebrating 1000 Pokemon!" Pokemon GO event for this, with Make It Rain as the event-exclusive evolution move)
  5. All Natdex numbers of Gen 9 Pokemon are released (and confirmed)
  6. All Ken Sugimori art of all Gen 9 Pokemon is released (how the heck do we have official art of all Paradoxes and Ruinous Legends but not Finizen or Tandemaus?!?)
Of course, no announcement at the end also seems pretty likely.
oh god flashbacks to people expecting the world of Pokemon Sunday....Definitely under no circumstances expect anything major from this. Gholdengo official art is about it, personally. And even then its like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#6 I have to point out is because these are scans from a guide book in Japan and they are very slowly being scanned and cropped. The Paradoxes and Legends in particular only very recently got added; Iron Valiant was added 2 days ago. So all the art exists but its a bit hamstrung.

I personally think Suicune will be Water/Dragon based on this set of Khu's riddles referencing a famous Chinese poem 陋室銘, with "not depth" being about a verse that specifically mentions a dragon and also responding to someone else referencing the first verse about height and immortals with the same character (仙).
(a translation from here)
It matters not how high the mountain stands, if an immortal dwells within, its fame will spread.
It matters not how deep the river runs, if a dragon swims in its depths, it will be divine.
The thing about Hydro Steam's place in all this might have something to do with being a past paradox who wants to be in sun, but we'll see what happens with that.
As for Virizion I could see it going either way, but I just want to point out that Centro's idea about the spanish name for Psyblade referencing grass is not substantial before it comes back around again.

Spanish translations have been quite off historically, with hyperfixation in certain words in inconsistent ways (the "Shadow" part of Ghost type moves started out being localized as "Sombra", which literally means shadow, and everybody gets that. Since gen IV, new moves get localized from "Shadow X" into "X umbrío", "umbrío" being an adjective that pretty much means "shady, shadowy, gloomy", is seldom used to refer to anything but the town of Punta Umbría, and has NO connotation whatsoever to any sort of dark elemental.)

Also Centro as a rule doesn't make good points. "Hoja" is as a rule leaf, but, it can also mean blade. TTBT, I don't recall the usage of "Hoja" in move names for stuff other than Grass moves, but, could go the other way. After all, this very gen we got a bunch of moves renamed, even a few from GEN I, or even Movexited stuff like Signal Beam and Tail Glow.

If we look at SWSH's update timeline then this week would be the week for a Direct announcement (Potentially tomorrow then the direct the following day, as usual for their pattern) If not, probably sometime next week. I imagine by the end of January we'll know. If not, it'll be Pokémon day.

But there's the question of release dates/how it'll be released. If it's in two parts, I can potentially see the pattern being late March/ early April (to coincide with the HOME update) because they wouldn't want it to be overshadowed by Tears of the Kingdom, then the second part in October. If it's just one DLC, then I'm not sure, cause I doubt they'd want to miss any holiday sales, but waiting a whole year for DLC (Which won't be as enticing whatever way you look at it) would be pretty shit

Then there's a small rumour that TLOZ Tears of the Kingdom will be the last big release on Switch (in preparation for Switch 2 in 2024) so there's no hope of a brand new release in November 2023 if that's the case, so DLC would be wrapping things up pretty quick.

Aware I've gone off topic a wee bit lol but
There was as im sure you now a sv style art of kabuto, vanilish, garbodr, volbeat, amura, and worst of all Dracovish leaked. Which means dracovish coulb be returning, which is a terrifying prospect.

As for Virizion I could see it going either way, but I just want to point out that Centro's idea about the spanish name for Psyblade referencing grass is not substantial before it comes back around again.
I agree, however we do have to remember about its leaked Japanese name.
I think the best way to translate this would be “Iron Mottle” with the 12-character limit in play, but regardless if the translators go with that or something else, its name seems to still reference its grass typing, and assuming that P-Suicune is gonna be Water/Dragon, Grass/Psychic feels logical for P-Virizion.

EDIT: Also, I’ve been struggling to find a good way to translate “Uneruminamo” into a twelve-character English name; I’ve found the best way was “Rising Water”. “Surge Waters” is closer to the way the other Scarlet Paradoxes were translated since they all lack present participles in their names other than Roaring Moon, (I think mostly due to character limit reasons), but imo this name sounds so much worse without that present participle in it compared to how the other Paradoxes sound without it.

Last edited:
I agree, however we do have to remember about its leaked Japanese name.
I think the best way to translate this would be “Iron Mottle” with the 12-character limit in play, but regardless if the translators go with that or something else, its name seems to still reference its grass typing, and assuming that P-Suicune is gonna be Water/Dragon, Grass/Psychic feels logical for P-Virizion.

EDIT: Also, I’ve been struggling to find a good way to translate “Uneruminamo” into a twelve-character English name; I’ve found the best way was “Rising Water”. “Surge Waters” is closer to the way the other Scarlet Paradoxes were translated since they all lack present participles in their names other than Roaring Moon, (I think mostly due to character limit reasons), but imo this name sounds so much worse without that present participle in it compared to how the other Paradoxes sound without it.
Maybe It's Surging Tides?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)