Custom 3D Animated Renders

Normal Icons
there is an icon there that requires obligatory credits if it is used, which is the Gimmighoul Roaming form.
https://www.deviantart.com/carmanekko/art/Ultimate-Paldea-Icon-Pack-939675287
there is the deviant post with all the icons the autor did with a link attached to the download of these. I will appreciate the accreditation not only for the gimmighoul icon, also all both icons that other people did 'cause it's important to mention all the people that put his effort on those icons.

there is an icon there that requires obligatory credits if it is used, which is the Gimmighoul Roaming form.
https://www.deviantart.com/carmanekko/art/Ultimate-Paldea-Icon-Pack-939675287
there is the deviant post with all the icons the autor did with a link attached to the download of these. I will appreciate the accreditation not only for the gimmighoul icon, also all both icons that other people did 'cause it's important to mention all the people that put his effort on those icons.
Okis

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Normal Icons
Some of these don't really seem to be scaled properly, as in the pixel spacing is off on some of the Iron pokemon and the Tauros, for example.

Also I will add that I wouldn't push for these to be used unless we are 100% sure the people who made these are okay with it. It's not really my call to make or anything, but this is custom work from other people they made on their own time and they likely didn't make it with the explicit purpose of being used on something like Showdown.

Some of these don't really seem to be scaled properly, as in the pixel spacing is off on some of the Iron pokemon and the Tauros, for example.

Also I will add that I wouldn't push for these to be used unless we are 100% sure the people who made these are okay with it. It's not really my call to make or anything, but this is custom work from other people they made on their own time and they likely didn't make it with the explicit purpose of being used on something like Showdown.

The sprite images are © Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc

You can use them, I have created them by scaling and modifying the pokemon scarlet and violet icons and also taking old similar sprites and redrawing them, like these for example: https://msikma.github.io/pokesprite/overview/dex-gen8 -new.html

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
The sprite images are © Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc

You can use them, I have created them by scaling and modifying the pokemon scarlet and violet icons and also taking old similar sprites and redrawing them, like these for example: https://msikma.github.io/pokesprite/overview/dex-gen8 -new.html
All you did was distort them to be at an ideal scale, thus causing the details to be messed up in some cases. Also I've seen these in use elsewhere, further proving that you didn't "make" them.
https://play.limitlesstcg.com/tournament/63888ea3a527ff22cbbdfec7/standings

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I seriously have my doubts that you made the rest imo.
Yeah, I sort of have doubts too. Even if they did make the rest, I do find it odd that there was an icon ripped from someone else's sprite sheet with no explicit credit given. It's sort of sketchy enough to not have a lot of trust in what was provided here, let alone some of these icons are seriously improperly scaled. If they had made it, why would they upload them here in an improper state, unless it was just a bad rip from somewhere else as well? Maybe they did make them, maybe not, whatever the case, this is a bit sketch. And I do appreciate one of the creators of one of the icons to chime in on this to enforce their policy on how their work gets used.

I will also add that this thread has never been about 2D spritework for icons. This really isn't the place for it. I may urge moderator intervention should this kind of discussion continue (especially how sketchy this one has been).

Yeah, I sort of have doubts too. Even if they did make the rest, I do find it odd that there was an icon ripped from someone else's sprite sheet with no explicit credit given. It's sort of sketchy enough to not have a lot of trust in what was provided here, let alone some of these icons are seriously improperly scaled. If they had made it, why would they upload them here in an improper state, unless it was just a bad rip from somewhere else as well? Maybe they did make them, maybe not, whatever the case, this is a bit sketch. And I do appreciate one of the creators of one of the icons to chime in on this to enforce their policy on how their work gets used.

I will also add that this thread has never been about 2D spritework for icons. This really isn't the place for it. I may urge moderator intervention should this kind of discussion continue (especially how sketchy this one has been).
Calm down friend, you don't have to wish me out of the forum or something, the topic is over, next.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
And I do appreciate one of the creators of one of the icons to chime in on this to enforce their policy on how their work gets used.
This is going to be the last I touch on this subject but I knew that creator you speak of outside of Smogon so I was able to properly inform them about the art theft. My only hope is that the folks that did the rest of the work are informed about this somehow & get credit where it is due.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
Is the tail of skeledrige supposed to be that stiff? I mean it looks really good but that tail looks kinda unnatural.
If you're talking about the s-curve at the very end then I'd suppose so. It's based partially on a musical instrument; presumably of the woodwind family, so it would make some amount of sense I feel to have its tail end look like where a mouthpiece would go.

I am working seriously and without stealing in the 3d gifs of paldea, i run screen recorded then next create a c# app that convert to gif because I am too dumb to get it out with Switch toobox and all that stuff, this is the result.

First Step Xample

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png5.png13.png

Second Result

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Final Result

Quaxly.gif

The program was developed using ImageMagick, free software delivered as a ready-to-run binary, I will work on the complete pokedex, in a few days I will share all of them.

Attachments

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I am working seriously and without stealing in the 3d gifs of paldea, i run screen recorded then next create a c# app that convert to gif because I am too dumb to get it out with Switch toobox and all that stuff, this is the result.

First Step Xample

Second Result

Final Result

The program was developed using ImageMagick, free software delivered as a ready-to-run binary, I will work on the complete pokedex, in a few days I will share all of them.
Already got stuff cooking behind the scenes for this too, just so you know.
sprigatito.gif
fuecoco.gif
quaxly.gif

(More later)

I wanted to get back into being directly involved with the renders of the new official Pokemon. So right now I'm working with Flicks and helping with QA and the overall rendering process to get as good and clean results as possible despite the texturing art style differing quite a bit to the 3DS style.

I'll want to keep this thread on track of us working on and showing the renders, as we soon start getting the ball rolling on this.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Just one question I'd like to ask. This game (and PLA) added a lot of mons who have dofferent idles for when inside and outside of battle (for instance, Quaquaval and Ceruledge). Which idles is Showdown going for? I'd assume In-Battle makes more sense but judging by stuff like Sneasler from a few pages ago it seems to be using non-battle idles.

(I personally have no idea which of these would even be easier to extract/replicate, not really judging whatever choice is being made here and I'd understand if the project was going for whatever is easier to do. Was just curious so figured I'd ask what's the current plan)

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Just one question I'd like to ask. This game (and PLA) added a lot of mons who have dofferent idles for when inside and outside of battle (for instance, Quaquaval and Ceruledge). Which idles is Showdown going for? I'd assume In-Battle makes more sense but judging by stuff like Sneasler from a few pages ago it seems to be using non-battle idles.

(I personally have no idea which of these would even be easier to extract/replicate, not really judging whatever choice is being made here and I'd understand if the project was going for whatever is easier to do. Was just curious so figured I'd ask what's the current plan)
Both idles are no more or less difficult to extract and use. But I will for sure be using the battle animations for these renders of the new Pokemon.

I also have some ideas of maybe attempting to port over some of the battle-ready animations to existing Pokemon that didn't have them before (Eeveelutions just as an example all have new battle idles). I would be using the 3DS models and textures for them of course, but yeah. Just an idea for now though.

View attachment 473388View attachment 473389View attachment 473390
(More later)

I wanted to get back into being directly involved with the renders of the new official Pokemon. So right now I'm working with Flicks and helping with QA and the overall rendering process to get as good and clean results as possible despite the texturing art style differing quite a bit to the 3DS style.

I'll want to keep this thread on track of us working on and showing the renders, as we soon start getting the ball rolling on this.

It seems perfect!, thank you very much for the work you do, as my process is easier I will upload my work so that they are temporary 3D sprites until the real ones are uploaded <3.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
View attachment 473388View attachment 473389View attachment 473390
(More later)

Are you guys planning to do some of the new animations they gave to older Pokemon by chance?

Hi My Name is Nabil I'm Kinda new to this Project but I also want to help make Paldean Sprites into 3ds Renders which is exactly What I have been doing behind the scenes Here I'm working on the front side of Paldean Wooper & Tauros and there icons which I found somewhere.
If you have any questions Please ask.
They don't seem like the paldean form.
1670945512142.png
1670945550518.png

But they do look very nice and clean.

Hi My Name is Nabil I'm Kinda new to this Project but I also want to help make Paldean Sprites into 3ds Renders which is exactly What I have been doing behind the scenes Here I'm working on the front side of Paldean Wooper & Tauros and there icons which I found somewhere.
This is how they should look, your versions are colored from the original ways but welcome to the project and thanks for wanting to help.

fronts.png are the sprites so that the gif can be generated at the desired speed from those files, tomorrow I will publish the complete pokedex, they are temporary spritesheets because DJTHED are working on better ones since these are screen recordings and converted to gif with programming.

Attachments

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Recoloring existing GIFs isn't something I will be doing. Flicks and I will have it covered. And this thread is not about the icons. And grabbing them randomly from somewhere else not caring who made them is not really helping anyone either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)