Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I'll do it later

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Merry Christmas everybody! Here's a gift to you from the council:

Duraludon is banned!
:sv/duraludon:

I think probably everyone saw this coming at some point.

Slate: (BAN-UNB-ABS)
PokemonanaconjaDark KoopatrolDosDogsGimlafPQRDGsmellslikememeZuldaarAction
DuraludonBANBANBANBANBANBANABS6-0-1 BAN

In the short time it has been available in the meta, Duraludon has shown that the pre-DLC hype wasn't just new toy syndrome. Having the highest BST of any Stage 1 evolver (or any evolver for that matter) as well as one of the best overall type combinations available was what motivated the ban discussion in pre/early-DLC2. As players have had the chance to experiment with it further, it has become increasingly clear that the way the stats are distributed combined with an excellent typing make Duraludon extremely difficult to account for in the builder, at preview, or even staring it down in battle. Duraludon itself resists every common form of priority save for Mach Punch. Combined with its decent base 85 speed and unmatched versatility, this makes its offensive sets incredibly potent and dangerous to play around. In this role it can run virtually any offensive Stage 2 evo, with notable examples being Contrary/Adaptability/Tinted Lens/Stakeout donors; statistically strong evos like the Eeveelutions, Ceruledge, or Milotic; prominent setup sweeper evos like Volcarona or Shell Smash donors; or even relatively niche options like Unburden, Technician, Sheer Force, Mega Launcher, etc. Many of these are incredibly punishing, and even checks that seem relatively consistent like Assault Vest Bisharp or Chansey for special sets may simply be demolished by one of its many available coverage options or simply muscled past entirely with its absurdly high offensive stats. Its high bulk makes it an ideal choice for many offensive playstyles like screens, webs, or really any team that needs to fill a slot. Defensively, high-BST evos with recovery like Milotic, Vespiquen, or Chansey both provide it incredibly high bulk at basically no drawback to to Duraludon's already insanely high base stats and great typing, and due to hitting Special Attack in the range of 140-200+ with access to a 130 BP STAB nuke, it is also not passive, making counterplay against it uniquely difficult for all playstyles compared to many of the other common defensive Pokemon. More niche evos targeting specific abilities, moves, and/or typings such as Gyarados, Glimmora, Intimidate donors, and Regenerator donors diversify its defensive prowess significantly, while still maintaining its dangerous offensive potential. Overall its absurdly high stats and nearly unmatched base typing give it a level of both power and versatility that is decidedly unhealthy for the meta, and especially in this case it is many, and not just a few, of its sets that are overpowered.

Tagging Kris to implement, thanks in advance!

Here some sets thanks to DLC2

:sandshrew-alola: into :hitmontop:

Hitmontop (Sandshrew-Alola) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Iron Head / Knock Off

It has 135 Atk and should hurt a lot with CB+Technician Triple Axel. It also gains priority with Bullet Punch. Loaded Dice with Icicle Spear could be a thing as well but it's slow and the typing is really poor for that.

:seadra: into :vivillon:

Vivillon (Seadra) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard / Substitute

158 SpA and 145 Spe. Flying/Water coverage is cool and Hydro Pump won't miss with the 30% accuracy boost.

:litleo: into :hitmonlee:

Hitmonlee (Litleo) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Double-Edge
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance / Flame Charge

135 Atk with 124 Spe. Try this if you want to crush your opponent and die. Dual STAB with Reckless hit hard. HJK is mostly here for coverage and because it's boosted as well.

With the dlc I figured it might be cool to make a post about Uber mons in ce.
:calyrex-shadow:
I think it’s strong rn even with every team having a clod that’s got like a 80% chance to check it it’s also quite fast.
:annihilape:
Bad when primeape exist next
:arceus:
The only ones I see being good are ones that don’t really have competition for ce bases, the list being fairyceus mainly (although worse after no ability to check lilli hisui crevos) and some other ones that could be gimmicks like fireceus, dragonceus, flyingceus, steelceus and poisonceus maybe arc water
:baxcalibur:
I’m not trusting this over smth like Piloswine ngl
:calyrex-ice:
Def super valid for trick room, not sure about snow but could be a nichepick there.
:chien-pao:
Hmm idk prob outclassed by smth like qwilfish for an offensive dark or Piloswine for offensive ice.
:chi-yu:
Pogre ban makes this maybe possible with korai or GROUDON?
:deoxys-attack:
This will probably be on psychic surge gimmicks with maaaaaaaaybe it being a fringe pick on ho but I’m extremely doubting that.
:dialga:
Seems not that great with no recovery just ok damage not gonna fill the duraludon shaped hole in our hearts
:espathra:
Speed boost banned next question
:eternatus:
Interesting Pokémon, very potent stab + coverage combo, it’s got meteor beam now and it’s defensive typing is good.
:flutter mane:
Decentmon with korai Ig.
:giratina:
Seems a bit outclassed by clops as a bulky ghost
:GROUDON:
With its bulk and defensive type + utility it could be a decent alternative for koraidon if a sun team wants to forgo that
:ho-oh:
Magmar check Ig idk I’m not thinking super hard on what it could check but I know it could check a good amount of stuff.
:iron bundle:
Nah
:koraidon:
Very strong Pokémon even with tera ban, almost mandatory for sun teams really cause it’s so good for those, can be a revenge killer or sd scale shot mon or just choice band are all great.
:kyogre:
Banned
:kyurem-black:
Hmmmmmm really? Ig it sorta just outclasses bax at most things lol
:kyurem white:
Not really don’t know what it could do as a mon
:landorus:
I think offensive Glig is more
:lugia:
Terrible
:lunala:
Checks a nice amount of physical attackers Ig unless they pull out an unexpected knock off or smth it can also very nicely spread will o wisp/t wave with shadow shield although we live in Ceru meta now.
:magearna:
Willing to give it tr credit maybe, nothing else really mag does a little bit more.
:mewtwo:
Deo a is alr kinda bad and m2 doesn’t look like it’s gonna get better.
:miraidon:
Vote on it maybe pretty please :wo: :woo: :woop:
:necrozma-dawn-wings:
Bad Lunala???
:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Very cool very strong utility wish it got will o wisp but alas it doesn’t dd sets are a maybe in screens cause like sunsteel ignores persian a and unawares
:ogerpon-hearthflame:
Tera ban thankfully
:palafin:
There’s like, buizel ig #freekrabby #freecarvhanhaorwhateveritsnameis
:palkia:
Nah
:rayquaza:
Would you not just like kubfu/vullaby gyara for a dd mon with flying stab
:regieleki:
Screens lead nothing else
:reshiram:
I have no idea if this would work but all common sense says no.
:shaymin-sky:
Hrrrrrrrrm considering the spd bulk we got I doubt flinching past is that viable
:Sneasler:
/showevo hitmonlee
:solgaleo:
Bad dusk mane???
:spectrier:
We have misdreavus for a spa ghost
:Terapagos:
Tera ban
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:
Why not clodsparce or smth does ground typing mean so much.
:urshifu:
:urshifu-rapid-strike:
Why not the crevo versions
:zacian-crowned:
Got worse this gen still good clops is a bit more common now tho.
:zamazenta-crowned:
Aren’t there better offensive fightings and bisharp for a steel…
:zekrom:
I think it’s real??? Wait oh wait Gligar nooooo.
Thank you make sure to hit that subscribe button down bell for more awesome ce content
Also :porygon2:x:kommo-o: has focus blast this gen :porygon2:x:skeledirge: is a great defensive mon :porygon2:x:garchomp: has spikes now.

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi! First post of the new year!

1705710177236.png
1705710405897.png

Look, I get it. Dark type weakness blah blah blah but hear me out okay?

Psychic Terrain.
https://pokepast.es/5ea27e2114466048

WAIT DON'T LOSE INTEREST YET JUST HEAR ME OUT.

Sure, Indeedee being the only setter is annoying as crap, but it's not like it won't hit hard enough. Don't call off the power of Expanding Force!

Psychic Terrain supports two things in this meta, anti-priority and fast glass cannons. Scykix (Scyther-Lokix) can't do much but U-Turn out of a Psychic Seed Unburden mon like Qwilfish-Hitmonlee, which can utilize the SpDef boost to either set up Swords Dance. In fact, assuming Scykix is out of the picture, any Psychic Seed Unburden user can do quite well with it; Gligar in particular, but it struggles against Scykix (I do not like Scykix).

iValiant can be fun to run something like Booster Energy on, even though it doesn't get the benefits of losing its item like an Unburden crevo would. It gets EForce too. Yeah that's about as much as I can say about that mon, iCrown is also fun for the same reasons albeit hard to get going (and slower). It eats up Steel Beam from Clefable-Magneton, but it struggles against the best types in the meta, Ground and Dark.

Girafarig-Jolteon is just a funny glass-cannon set I cooked together. Fast EForce user, that's about it.

Gurdurr-Tsareena is a solid support mon, as it resists Dark and Scykix, supporting it's realistically Psychic-heavy team.

Quite honestly the only thing I found that Psychic Terrain struggles against is simply Clodsire evos or the dreaded Clodfish (Qwilfish-Clodsire). Everything else that isn't a Dark type just struggles against such an unheard of strategy in CE.

Anyway, that's it. Cya.

New Year, New bans.

Only three items on the docket. A couple big ones that were to be expected, but there may be a couple surprises here.

Pokemon (or move)anaconjaDark KoopatrolDosDogsGimlafPQRDGsmellslikememeZuldaarAction
ScytherAbstainBANBANBANBANAbstainAbstain4-0-3 BAN
Revival BlessingKeep BannedUnbanKeep BannedUnbanUnbanAbstainAbstain3-2-2 UNBAN
GholdengoKeep RestrictedUnrestrictKeep RestrictedUnrestrictKeep RestrictedUnrestrictAbstain3-3-1 No Change

:sv/scyther:
As such, Scyther is banned! Revival Blessing is unbanned!

For those of you curious as to why these were voted on, here is a brief explanation:

:Scyther: If you have played the meta ever since the Lilligant-Hisui ban, you would likely see that Scyther/Lokix has easily become the most used Pokemon in the meta. It's not hard to see why; it takes all the benefits that standard Lokix has, and drives it up to 11 with its higher Attack and Speed. Combine that with the wallbreaking power of Tinted Lens and the strong offensive output of STAB First Impression, a number of games could easily come down to whose Scyther/Lokix survived until the end. This, as well as the less oppressive but still scary Scyther/Ceruledge, was identified by a number of the council members to be too strong for the meta. Scyther is once again BANNED.

:Gholdengo: This vote split the council. Compared to the powercreep with the two DLCs, Gholdengo as an evolution isn't nearly as strong on paper. However, a number of the council members still believe that its high speed, defensive typing, and utility thanks to Good as Gold, could still make it too much for the meta. As such, we are at this time keeping Gholdengo's evolution restricted.

:Rabsca: :Pawmot: Revival Blessing is probably the more interesting item on the docket. A number of new players, when discovering the meta, were surprised to see the move banned. This was a move banned very early into the generation, back when myself and a couple others joined the council. At the time, the point was made that, due to both a Stage-2 and a Stage-3 evolution having access to the move, that any base Pokemon could potentially run the move. Since there was no way to tell at team preview if your opponent was running something with Revival Blessing, it would be harder to prepare for. However, since the two DLCs have come out, it has become abundantly clear that the two evolutions that grant the move are very niche picks to begin with. As such, the council are going to unban the move to see if its inclusion will make for a balanced metagame.

Tagging Kris to implement.

Last edited:

Smelted

Banned deucer.
Hi! First post of the new year!

View attachment 594522
View attachment 594529
Look, I get it. Dark type weakness blah blah blah but hear me out okay?

Psychic Terrain.
https://pokepast.es/5ea27e2114466048

WAIT DON'T LOSE INTEREST YET JUST HEAR ME OUT.

Sure, Indeedee being the only setter is annoying as crap, but it's not like it won't hit hard enough. Don't call off the power of Expanding Force!

Psychic Terrain supports two things in this meta, anti-priority and fast glass cannons. Scykix (Scyther-Lokix) can't do much but U-Turn out of a Psychic Seed Unburden mon like Qwilfish-Hitmonlee, which can utilize the SpDef boost to either set up Swords Dance. In fact, assuming Scykix is out of the picture, any Psychic Seed Unburden user can do quite well with it; Gligar in particular, but it struggles against Scykix (I do not like Scykix).

iValiant can be fun to run something like Booster Energy on, even though it doesn't get the benefits of losing its item like an Unburden crevo would. It gets EForce too. Yeah that's about as much as I can say about that mon, iCrown is also fun for the same reasons albeit hard to get going (and slower). It eats up Steel Beam from Clefable-Magneton, but it struggles against the best types in the meta, Ground and Dark.

Girafarig-Jolteon is just a funny glass-cannon set I cooked together. Fast EForce user, that's about it.

Gurdurr-Tsareena is a solid support mon, as it resists Dark and Scykix, supporting it's realistically Psychic-heavy team.

Quite honestly the only thing I found that Psychic Terrain struggles against is simply Clodsire evos or the dreaded Clodfish (Qwilfish-Clodsire). Everything else that isn't a Dark type just struggles against such an unheard of strategy in CE.

Anyway, that's it. Cya.
Where's magneton+Raichu-A? (I made the set, it has 190 special attack and surge surfer which outspeed regieleki)
Where's the shell smash mon?

Low hp sure but like dark poison is really good (4 resists psychic and poison immune + t spike absorption). Water poison isn’t as good (electric and psy weakness) however it’s still prob strong with all the resistances and still poison immunity. Clodsire tentacool could prob eek out a niche with spin and knock.

Where's magneton+Raichu-A? (I made the set, it has 190 special attack and surge surfer which outspeed regieleki)
Magneton raichu a sounds good but only on e terrain which isn’t on the above team (also pinchurchin is unfortunately a doo doo mon can we unban mirai maybe)
What shell smash mon are you referring to.

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
1. i don't use every set i've seen (or haven't seen), I happened to have just made a set I thought was cool. if you use a set, cool. I build my own stuff and share it, even if it doesn't make sense (literally my whole brand, see the username)

2. girajolt is better strictly because of speed; even if mag has higher spattack, it's not going to live anything, especially with darks and grounds running around. it will probably die before it can use surf or grass knot, while jolt can at least be faster at the caveat of losing 10 base SpAttack.
Not only that, but girafarig has volt absorb which means it can switch in on opposing Magneton, Electabuzz, yet magnechu has an ability that doesn't even give any benefit in a psychic terrain team

it's incomparable to why you'd run girajolt over magnechu; electric terrain has no place in CE sadly

1710011281083.png
1710011429120.png

3. I don't need a shell smash mon. For one, it's not a "click this button and win" option, and I didn't plan on supporting a shell smasher with my team.

---

Also, just a comment: not to minimod or anything but its usually courtesy to not flood the thread with short messages without substance to the meta in some way (ex: i could've just said "because i don't want to use magnechu" but that doesn't really need to be here as it doesn't do anything of purpose to the CE thread.) There's the OM room and we have a CE discord: https://discord.com/invite/gDGekn3MFB

Smelted

Banned deucer.
First Post (that isn't a response) ever

Hello everyone, My name's smelted and I was introduced to cross evolution for a little bit and i want to share some sets that i've made

View attachment 613295 (magneton)+View attachment 613296 (Raichu-Alolan)
Raichu-A (in my opinion) isn't really all too good, it's essentially raichu but with a psychic typing
Magneton seems to be a decent enough base due to it's high special attack
If you fuse them together you get a decent terrain sweeper
Screenshot 2024-03-09 135907.png

Decent Speed (outspeeds Regieleki when ability is activated), Decent special attack, and access to
Expanding Force, Surf, Alluring Voice, Psyshock, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, and Grass Knot
Some Sets I made with this is:
Raichu-Alola (Magneton) @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force/Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast/Nasty Plot
- Alluring Voice/Nasty Plot

Another set I madeView attachment 613306(Cranidos+
hitmonlee.png
(hitmonlee)
Cranidos has the highest attack for a stage 1 mon but kinda trash on everything else
Hitmonlee has unburden + a couple of useful coverage moves
If you fuse those two together, you get this:
1710012097623.png

Fast attacker with dangerously high speed (for a mon who can easily boost to +2) and actually decent special bulk (82/105), But I believe this could function as a pretty good terrain sweeper
Here's a set you could use:
Hitmonlee (Cranidos) @ Normal Gem/Psychic Seed/Grassy Seed/Electric Seed/Misty Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Stay in tuned for some more sets That i'll make!​

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Not a definitive tier list, but as someone who's played Gen 9 CE throughout the course of it, I've compiled the best and the worst types of the meta
1710012279996.png

Context: the only real reason why Fire and Fairy are low is because while there's access to good if not great moves, there are very few CE evos or Legendaries themselves of those types

Dark types have ruled the meta throughout this gen simply because there's not a lot of ways to reliably check it. Fairy type? Dark/Steel or Dark/Poison. Fighting type? Dark/Ghost (no reliable Scrappy user) or Dark/Flying. The only real answers is to always keep EQ/Ground moves on standby for when the Dark type is a partial Steel or Poison type, but you'll never really have a good Fairy STAB to take on the Dark types of the meta. From the late Sneasel (banned), to Bisharp, Qwilfish-Hisui, etc, there's always been at some point a dark type in the defining spots of the gen 9 meta.

Ground too, rules the meta, because it's both an offensive powerhouse and gives great defensive traits to check Electric types. Ground's success mostly comes from Ground/Flying mons, but Ground/Water and Ground/Ice sets have had niche appearances in the past/recently (Mudbray-Cloyster). But the real merit of Ground is, again, Earthquake and other Ground type moves for coverage, as most of the top mons get hit hard by it. Ground mons themselves come in the form of Mudbray, Hippopotas, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Sandygast, but the best one by a landslide is Gligar.

Flying and Ghost equally deserve to be mentioned as the best types to plan for; since most of the best/common mons are Flying type combinations, like Gyarados, Dragonite, Masquerain, or Vivillon evos, or even base-flying mons like Vullaby or the late Scyther.
Ghost, too, is impactful for how common it is. A LOT of evos give Ghost: Ceruledge, Skeledirge, the late Gholdengo, to bases like Misdreavus, Duskull/Dusclops, and Haunter, both have had an impact on CE.

Smelted

Banned deucer.
Not a definitive tier list, but as someone who's played Gen 9 CE throughout the course of it, I've compiled the best and the worst types of the meta
View attachment 613325
Context: the only real reason why Fire and Fairy are low is because while there's access to good if not great moves, there are very few CE evos or Legendaries themselves of those types

Dark types have ruled the meta throughout this gen simply because there's not a lot of ways to reliably check it. Fairy type? Dark/Steel or Dark/Poison. Fighting type? Dark/Ghost (no reliable Scrappy user) or Dark/Flying. The only real answers is to always keep EQ/Ground moves on standby for when the Dark type is a partial Steel or Poison type, but you'll never really have a good Fairy STAB to take on the Dark types of the meta. From the late Sneasel (banned), to Bisharp, Qwilfish-Hisui, etc, there's always been at some point a dark type in the defining spots of the gen 9 meta.

Ground too, rules the meta, because it's both an offensive powerhouse and gives great defensive traits to check Electric types. Ground's success mostly comes from Ground/Flying mons, but Ground/Water and Ground/Ice sets have had niche appearances in the past/recently (Mudbray-Cloyster). But the real merit of Ground is, again, Earthquake and other Ground type moves for coverage, as most of the top mons get hit hard by it. Ground mons themselves come in the form of Mudbray, Hippopotas, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Sandygast, but the best one by a landslide is Gligar.

Flying and Ghost equally deserve to be mentioned as the best types to plan for; since most of the best/common mons are Flying type combinations, like Gyarados, Dragonite, Masquerain, or Vivillon evos, or even base-flying mons like Vullaby or the late Scyther.
Ghost, too, is impactful for how common it is. A LOT of evos give Ghost: Ceruledge, Skeledirge, the late Gholdengo, to bases like Misdreavus, Duskull/Dusclops, and Haunter, both have had an impact on CE.
Ground: Fairly Rated
Dark: Fairly Rated
Flying: Fairly Rated
Ghost: Fairly Rated
Steel: B (not too many offensive nor defensive steel type crevos nor evos besides bisharp, magneton, and MAYBE lucario)
Water: Fairly Rated
Electric: Fairly Rated
Dragon: C or B (No point in running dragon stab nor running the dragon type crevos/evos)
Fighting: A or S (a bunch of pokemon essentially REQUIRE fighting or fairy stab to beat dark types)
Normal: Fairly Rated
Psychic: Fairly Rated
Fairy: Fairly Rated
Fire: B (The Fire types we do get that's viable are pretty bad besides magmar and the moves are pretty good)
Poison: Fairly Rated
Rock: Fairly Rated
Ice: A or B (moves are good but the pokemon aren't)
Grass: Fairly Rated
Bug: Fairly Rated

Overall the tierlist is 13/18​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)