SS UU Criticize my team

Hello, this is my first post on this website and suggestions would be helpful! : )

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

I don't know if I want to keep this mon, Its just a solid special fairy type. Enough speed to outrun Conkeldurr.

Kommo-o (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Just some random sweaty set I found on youtube. I like to run soundproof for opposing primarina.

Amoonguss (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

I run foul play to beat swords dance Aegislash. Spam spore on chansey to pin your opponent

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp/ Defog
- Overheat
- Pain Split/ Defog

Offensive pivot. Pain split on the switch, defog for klefki and grimmsnarl. I save it to fight celesteela

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Adamant Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Drain Punch

Mew+Amoonguss is this team's chansey counter. Get Amoonguss in ,spam spore on a Chansey (or any stall mon other than celesteela) , get one of their pokemon asleep and dragon dance away with Mew

Jirachi @ Leftovers/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam/ Zen Headbutt

Stealth rock at the beginning and then clean up at the end, really simple mon.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
PotatoeSalad64,

Thanks for sharing your team. Would you mind sharing roughly what ladder rating you managed to achieve with it, or share a replay or two? I'd like to get to know your level.

In the meantime, let me make four suggestions to your team:

1. Primarina forms a nice defensive core in terms of typing with Amoonguss and Rotom-H. In order to maximize that, I'd change Primarina to a defensive set with Rest and Sleep Talk so it can more reliably beat important threats like Dragon Dance Salamence which can currently sweep you after a single boost, which it achieves on Mew or forcing Kommo-o out for example.
    • You can use this set for now:
    • Primarina @ Leftovers
      Ability: Torrent
      EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
      Bold Nature
      - Scald
      - Moonblast
      - Rest
      - Sleep Talk
  2. On that note, regarding your defensive core, Amoonguss has much less pressure on it now that Primarina can recover. Because of that, it doesn't need Synthesis to counter Keldeo, which your set currently needs as you don't run Giga Drain and Specs Primarina gets worn down quickly. Amoonguss really relies on Regenerator to heal and needs Giga Drain in this metagame as that's its main way of doing damage to threats like Water types and Rhyperior. I'd also consider running Sludge Bomb over Clear Smog, the extra power and Poison chance is very helpful vs Flying types like Salamence and Moltres, although Clear Smog does help vs niche threats like Calm Mind Rest Suicune.
  3. For the final member of your defensive core, Rotom-H, I'd consider running more HP evs from SpA and also keeping Defog over Will-o-Wisp which I understand you're ambivalent on. You do want some bulk and Pain Split as it's your only reliable Scizor switch in so you need it or else you're going to lose to Scizor long term.
  4. While I do think your Kommo-o set has merit, it's going to be much easier to play for you without Belly Drum as that's typically only used with Screens/Aurora Veil support. I'm a fan of Swords Dance and suggest you try this one out:
    • Kommo-o @ Life Orb
      Ability: Bulletproof
      EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
      Jolly Nature
      - Swords Dance
      - Scale Shot
      - Close Combat
      - Poison Jab

Those are the main four suggestions I have right now but I'm suspecting that Mew + Jirachi provide poor type synergy and I'm not sure you'd want to go down that route. Lastly, I'd mention most UU teams that aren't hyper offense tend to run a Volt Switch immunity. You could get creative about that considering I mentioned the Mew + Jirachi type synergy issue.

I can tell you're rather new, the team shows you understand strategy in general but not quite in the UU context - I rate the team 3/10.

Let me know if you make changes and feel free to @ my username here if you'd like more feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)