Creative Sets in Doubles OU

I guess sharing stuff has sort of fallen out of fashion, but that's ok I'll share my creative sets anyways. I actually really like these sets because they have a surprise factor but they don't rely on it. Try it out.

Incineroar @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 124 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off​

I used this bad boy on a sun team. I figured it gave me a nice way to hit lando and zyg when they come in, and Z overheat (especially in the sun) would allow me to get some KOs that my opps wouldn't expect me to get if I was intimidated a couple of times.
EVs do some defensive stuff who cares, and then a dump in special attack.

Diancie @ Rockium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect
Credits to SMB for this awesome idea. Weakness Policy just doesn't pop as often as it once did now that it's the default Diancie item. Rock Z lets Diancie smash some guys it otherwise would take time to KO and makes it a better switch in to Incineroar.
In testing, opps with Incineroar would say "ok I'll take the 50% hit, snack on my berry, and knock this diancie", then they would be KOd.
EVs one shot offensive Koko with Rock Z, then the rest in special defence.

Tapu Koko @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 4 SpA / 112 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sky Drop / Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect​

This is my take on bulky Koko, I know it's not a new set but I like mine better than the variants I've seen with madness and electro web, so here it is.
I wanted a Koko who's only job was to come in, take a hit or reset terrain, then pick something off or support set up.
The speed is down to 352 to outspeed Mega Metagross but you can creep up higher if you wanna. I actually like going slower than other fat koko so I can Vswitch second. Defense does something so useless I won't mention it, 4 in special attack because I didn't want 0, and the rest in special defence.

And with that, my post DPL posting has concluded, and so now it is time for me to vanish into the mountains. I had a great time playing and chatting with everyone again, and my team ruled. Tag me in discord next time there's a doubles tournament that I can join and play with my pals :) (doubles snake would be cool...) otherwise I'll see you all for the next DPL.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpA / 96 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect
OHKOes 0/4 Mega Charizard Y with Fusion Bolt
OHKOes 0/4 Tapu Koko with Earth Power
Out runs max speed Mega Metagross after an Icy Wind

Salamence (Salamence) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 204 HP / 124 Def / 56 SpA / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Roar/Protect
I wanted an Intimidate + TW setter. The Def, SpA, and SpD are equal to the Lando stats that I typically use and dumped the remaining in HP.
Fire Blast + Hydro Pump offers good coverage.

Tapu Bulu @ Tapunium Z / Big Root / Left Overs / Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Substitute
- Protect
I really like this Sub set because it recovers lost HP through Grassy terrain and Horn Leech, avoids Intimidate, and does damage to all mons with Nature's Madness.

Scizor @ Insect Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance / Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- U-turn
Here is a TW setting Scizor I invented. It outspeed 0 speed Fini and out runs Mega Mane in TW.
I choose to run U-Turn because this is mostly a pivot mon to set TW and get out, and Bug Bite to eat berries. With Insect Plate Bug Bite does 108 power.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Substitute
- Heal Pulse / Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
I invented this Sub-Chansey to make it even more harder to kill. It takes so many hits behind a Sub. Toxic would be the standard 4th move but I like Heal Pulse as well for support on teams were I have another Toxic user.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)