Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Copycat is also an advantage on top of being a priority move because it gives you "more" PP on V-Create.

Also, though it doesn't matter much at all, I believe switching out on an imposter after using a "copycat" V-Create would give you a free switch into something else.
Do you mean that not using a move stops Copycat? Copycat works even if the foe switches bc it copies the last move used, so if you switch out on Imposter as it used Copycat, since V-Create was the last move used, it will copy that move.

This makes it very vulnerable to Imposter as well because if Imposter is switched in as you use V-Create then your stat changes occur after it came in, during the hit, making your -Spe and Defenses trigger while Imposter copies you before the attack lands, letting it outspeed you and deal more damage next turn.

The benefit of Speed Boost is that it doesn’t trigger on the same turn the Pokémon is switched in. So if you use Close Combat as they send in Imposter, since Blaziken was in during the entire turn, while imposter came in at the beginning or even slow pivot of the turn, you get the Speed Boost not Imposter... this lets you outspeed Eviolite Chansey, and Speed-Tie Scarf Chansey and use Destiny Bond first
Speed Boost will not activate on the turn the Pokémon with the Ability is switched in (even if it gains the Ability after switching in). It will activate if the Pokémon is switched in due to a previous Pokémon fainting.
Another call move - Mirror Move, however, would fail because the foe has to use an attack in order to be used.

I totally agree about the PP though!

Last edited:
This makes it very vulnerable to Imposter as well because if Imposter is switched in as you use V-Create then your stat changes occur after it came in, during the hit, making your -Spe and Defenses trigger while Imposter copies you before the attack lands, letting it outspeed you and deal more damage next turn.
Not if you have fire/fighting resistance, like Giratina for example. I'm also imposter proofed a bit with focus sash and destiny bond, but i usually just switch to giratina.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Not if you have fire/fighting resistance, like Giratina for example. I'm also imposter proofed a bit with focus sash and destiny bond, but i usually just switch to giratina.
Ya I figured you have Imposterproofs, I just didn’t want you to assume Copycat would fail on a switch, or stay in vs Imposter when it outspeeds you.

Anyways, Giratina is a great switch in!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Fixed item ;)

Heat Ran That Team

Heatran @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Doom Desire / Flash Cannon / Recover

When you watch the replay, specifically Turn 9 against Chansey, you will see why I like Doom Desire. Plus it forces resists of Steel to switch in, typically Flash Fire Steels (or Primal Don) which falter to Earth Plate Judgment Plate.

Heatran also works as a lure for MMX, typically Shell Smashing as it switches in, only to be 1 shotted with Boomburst.

Giratina is another common switch-in, expecting STAB Fire, only to be Boombursted for 2HKO before a boost, and 1HKOed afterwards.

You can pressure Prankster Haze variants with Doom Desire thanks to Shell Smashing on the turn it hits (or Boomburst).

Resists all common Priority, such as -ate Diancie, Kyurem-B, Triage Oblivion Wing / Giga Drain, Steelworker Bullet Punch, etc. which enables Shell Smash without Dazzling.

Imposterproof: 4x Resist it’s STAB and Boomburst, 2x Resist Imposter Judgment- 1HKO back.

Pixilate Boomburst > Xerneas STAB Moonblast, and can boost power without fear of Imposter with Shell Smash rather than the much slower build in Quiver Dance. Plus Judgment Earth Plate is 33% stronger than Earth Power.
+2 252+ SpA Earth Plate Heatran Judgment vs. -1 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 880-1036 (125 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Pixilate Heatran Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 510-600 (101.1 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Audino-Mega: 386-456 (94.1 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Refrigerate also works for the Zygarde-Complete, but I appreciate KOing MMX.

Heatran lures in so much - Zygarde-Complete, MMX, Tina, Chomp, PDon, etc. and it’s super underrated, and is basically the best of my concept which outdoes my attempts to use Speed Boost Dialga, Magearna, and Nihilego.

Overall, Heatran has the ideal typing to make the perfect use of Earth Plate Judgment, and not feel vulnerable after Shell Smash.

Checks include Ho-Oh, Kyogre-P, etc. but the same can be said for Xerneas’s Moonblast, Earth Power, Quiver Dance, Filler Set.

Also, it cannot be burned or Poisoned.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
ompl bh is over so here are sets i guess. all of these were made during ompl

triage steela
:sm/celesteela:
viability ceiling (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Magma Storm
- Spikes

steela is surprisingly good with triage despite his extremely bad special attack (107). good defensive typing and bulk means he can live a hit from most offensive guys like gar, mmx, etc unboosted, click tail glow, and bop them. giga isnt necessary when you already beat every non fire move diancie. spikes are really nice to have when everyone except rocks are pressured by wing + magma

zmove bounce ttar
:sm/tyranitar-mega:
Pazza's Uncle (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

imposter proofs the set above. good mon in its own right, fightinium z is a cool tech that slams steels and imposter on the switch. pursuit catches normalize gar while spectral is to hit gira for decent damage while stopping this mon from being setup bait.

sg spikes 2 attacks pdon
:sm/groudon-primal:
the big board (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Shift Gear
- Spikes

no recovery move pdon. this set never really made it past the second phase (team built with it but no success) but i think its a kinda cool idea so im posting it here, no recovery allows pdon to do a lot more than he could do before. i think the shift gear + recover set is garbage and imposter bait. this set was designed to be used with wish support but you might be able to make it work without it.

gunk shot mmx
:sm/mewtwo-mega-x:
GUNKMAN (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash
- Gunk Shot

the man, the myth, the legend gunk mmx. gunk hits fairy types and easily 2hkos xern if you hit your moves, and carries a high poison chance as well so you can feasibly poison stuff like bounce giratina over longer games, making it super easy to pressure and eventually take out. wisp is for imposter and shed while icicle crash rounds out the set's coverage.

prank meloetta-p
:sm/meloetta-pirouette:
worse lopunny (Meloetta-Pirouette) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Drain Punch
- Spirit Shackle / Spectral Thief

prank user that checks gar and isnt dark type. dont remember why i used this but i was sick of yveltal. its kind of unreliable i guess

metal burst lax
:sm/snorlax:
kek or cringe (Snorlax) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Facade
- Coil
- Spectral Thief / Knock Off
- Metal Burst

i posted ph lax a while earlier but this is a new innovation that i think can help him succeed. the biggest issue with snorlax is his lack of power meaning offensive mons like ph mmx can switch in on anything and force him out. metal burst attempts to mitigate this by ohkoing these offensive mons if they go for an attacking move, like diancie boomburst or ph mmx low kick (yes, you live at +1). lax is still most likely not great but i think hes less bad now

perish song soundproof cress
:sm/cresselia:
warioware gold (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Defog

perish song is really cool on this guy, you can catch all sorts of annoying mons that try to take advantage of cress being passive. ive caught ph xern, zyg, mmx, and many others with this set and just removed them early on. its better than entrain because you can kill them even if they arent poison heal.

signature move man
:sm/mewtwo-mega-y:
SIGNATURE MOVE MAN (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Precipice Blades
- Volt Tackle
- Knock Off

of all the mmy sets i theorymonned in that one post, this is the only one that really did anything notable. signature move man has pretty much no counters outside of fc chans who hates knock and venu/ferro which are uncommon. its still mmy which means despite having no counters its not automatically winning the game, but i think this set is up there with standard sf so im posting it here.

ph rocks slaking
:sm/slaking:
gorilla emoji (Slaking) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Spectral Thief

rocks slaking/regi is good because people never run magic bouncers for them anymore, bounce steels are rly rare due to ph mmx and bounce gira is just not a good mon in general. the imposter matchup is a little shaky but as long as youre not too weakened or boosted and imposters chipped (it will be) you can win the 1v1. even if you cant imposter proofing is a trivial task.

cb gren
:sm/greninja-ash:
fanservice man (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat

ash grens the best cb dark type because of how fast he is you can pursuit trap gengar and weakened mmx, its really cool. this mon needs much less support than the slower ttar/gyara despite having less power and being walled by fairy types, and actually does something vs offense instead of dying instantly.

qd 3 attacks ph xern
:sm/xerneas:
x gon give it to ya (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Magma Storm
- Thunder / Power Gem / Steam Eruption

qd 3 attacks xern. thanks to fc chans and ff steels being bad this mon has no good counters. hooh can live all moves bar power gem but its not reliable whatsoever and gives up momentum instead of it being the other way around. imposter matchup is in your favor thanks to magma storm. last slot is variable and depends on what youre more concerned about but all of them beat hooh which is the main focus of the set.

pix ttar
Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Pokeball: dreamball
Hidden Power: Bug
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm

pixilate ttar is cool, hes still kind of walled by fairy types but at least you have cb diamond storm and espeed to pick them off from a weakened state. this set was made mainly for ttar to surprise mmx and kill it after chip with cb espeed while also taking out zyg with frustration. it works ok for its intended purposes but sometimes i feel like the sets trying to do too much at once.

lo breakers
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Hammer
- Spectral Thief

:sm/necrozma-ultra:
Necrozma-Ultra @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Magma Storm

im grouping these together because theyre pretty much the same idea. choice breaker sets that i was formerly fond of are no longer super great in this fast paced meta, but luckily lo helps these pokemon achieve a similar power level without having to switch out after 1 turn. the loss of power on coverage moves (mmx sunsteel vs fairies, ice hammer vs gira, ultra magma vs steels) is where the power loss is most annoying.

sf arceus (do not use if ur unlucky)
:sm/arceus-electric:
The Machine (Arceus-Electric) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

the power loss on this set compared to sf mmy is tough but honestly it still kills the things it needs to. ice beam fails to 2hko giratina which is funny but bolt strike still kills ogre, focusblast covers steels, and ice beam kills zyg after a little chip. the reason you use this over sf mmy is because unlike mmy whos extremely fragile and hates taking any kind of chip, arceus is one of the most annoying mons to wear down in the game without factoring in status. this makes him really hard to take down in practice for slower teams that rely on offensive mons like chomper because uturn does 10% then theyre like "what do i do now"

birdman
:sm/ho-oh:
birdman (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sacred Fire
- Horn Leech
- Ice Beam

this sets pretty cursed. use it at your own risk.

bounce kart
:sm/kartana:
resident tryhard (Kartana) @ Icium Z / Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip / Low Kick
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
- Ice Hammer

i actually really like this set, kartana counters a surprising amount of defensive mons with bounce and recovery. being a steel that counters low kick ph mmx is nice, having near unparalleled offensive utility for a recovery mon is nice, switching into no magma xern and actually threatening it is nice (dont do this though). it doesnt fit on all teams but when it does fit this mon goes in.

bounce geist
:sm/gourgeist-super:
everyday struggle (Gourgeist-Super) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Worry Seed
- Defog
- Shore Up

being imposter bait is kind of annoying but there are so many other pokemon you can use to imposter proof this so its not that bad. anyway, token ph mmx counter thats also a ground resist, really slow, and isnt eviolite reliant. here u go use him well

pain split diancie
:sm/diancie-mega:
rockman (Diancie-Mega) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam
- Pain Split

the legendary rockman. beats everything except hooh. pain split is really nice on him because you can come in on gira and just click split if ur low, even if they stay in its a workable situation.

regenvest mega heracross
:sm/heracross-mega:
crunchy man (Heracross-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Brave Nature
- Low Kick
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- First Impression

steel counter that doesnt give up momentum thanks to regenvest. imposter proofed easily by any flying or fairy type which is always nice to have, its like guzzlord in that aspect. loses to a lot of stuff though including ph mmx so make sure you have all those guys covered. pairs nicely with hooh

subpass ph xern
SANDBOI (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Sandstorm
- Moonblast

the idea behind this set is to get up a sub on like giratina and pass it when they go to some other guy and anchor. xern has a pretty good hp stat which is nice for subpass. sandstorm is for shed which is super silly. guess u could run leechseed or something

z-beak blast hooh
BREEGULL BASH (Ho-Oh) @ Flyinium Z
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Recover
- Beak Blast

z beak is a brutal move, ive also used it on prank sometimes. good power, great offensive typing, and hooh has a good enough attack stat to really take advantage of it, taking out weakened defensive mons that dont expect it as well as gar (doesnt kill but comes pretty close, favored roll after rocks).

rock blast mmx
haha funny rock move funny anti hooh tech (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt / Hard Stone
Ability: Technician
Hasty Nature
- Rock Blast
- Storm Throw
- Moongeist Beam
- Frost Breath

more ppl should use moongeist on this, its pretty good. if u dont fear shed i guess u could use beat up or something. hard stone is to punish fairy types more because theyre this set's main weakness.

soundproof slaking
HE HAS NO STYLE (Slaking) @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Recover
- Thousand Waves

soundproof slaking is pretty rad, unlike arceus he has high defense to live espeed/pblades and also high attack so you can run more aggressive sets such as this one.

fc mega alt
:sm/altaria-mega:
ledge grab limit (Altaria-Mega) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Roost
- Core Enforcer
- Spikes

ran this on a stall team once and it put in a surprising amount of work so posting it here. fc alt is probably one of its more viable sets. alt has a usable attack stat so z waves eliminates steels and imposter while core handles slowbro and faster bouncers so you can set up spikes. very niche set but i feel like it should be seeing more use.

rattlepass lugia
:sm/lugia:
R. Kelly (Lugia) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rattled
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Aeroblast
- Knock Off
- Spikes

yes, rattlepass is back. lugias the best rattled user in the meta imo, its very bulky, fast enough to get the +1 bp off against anything, and not weak to other moves the spectral/knock/uturn user will likely carry. i guess you could run recovery on this set but i didnt find it very necessary. aeroblast is for ph mmx, spikes and knock are to force things out.

smash trip buzzwole
:sm/buzzwole:
BIG MAN ON CAMPUS (Buzzwole) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- U-turn
- Low Kick

very cheesy set meant to lure in and kill giratina. guess you could run sunsteel over uturn for fairy types or something

pixilate phero
:sm/pheromosa:
fortune (Pheromosa) @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

phero is back yet again with another set. pixilate offers a few notable benefits over pix mmx, those being outspeeding mmy, having stab uturn, and getting a spin against stuff like aero in a pinch. not nearly as broken as the several phero sets deemed too strong for the meta (stakeout, illusion, ph) but hopefully this mon will return to its former glory one day

scarf aerilate yveltal
:sm/yveltal:
AS SEEN ON TV (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aerilate
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Boomburst
- Explosion
- Trick

run this set on hyper offense. im a big fan of explosion spam offense and yveltal does a good job on it by forcing out gira and drawing in certified lame guys like ttar gear and zyg. when they get heavily chipped by explosion u can just send in ur dumb sweeper and win instantly.

drought shaymin
:sm/shaymin:
IT'S NO USE (Shaymin) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Calm Nature
- Entrainment
- Synthesis
- Solar Beam
- Defog

yes, this is a viable sun setter. i ran it as a ground resist that wasnt weak to fairy so it could beat all non fire move diancies 1v1 for example, then i covered fire move variants with the ff user in the back. shaymins better than tang for this bc he has higher speed and spdef

veil setter zera
:sm/zeraora:
HAIL HYDRA (Zeraora) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Taunt
- Heal Order
- Rapid Spin

zeras a nice veil setter because hes faster than everyone but isnt incredibly frail or weak to common attacks unlike most others of his speed tier. i think hes probably the best fast veil setter in general.

head charge kyub
:sm/kyurem-black:
elecman (Kyurem-Black) @ Never-Melt Ice / Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bolt Strike

head charge is better than boomburst, it has recoil but ohkoing gira and outright killing ph xern on the switch with head charge into espeed is so valuable.

ph wall cress
stumblebot (Cresselia) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Spiky Shield

cool set that takes care of mmx and gets momentum, something a lot of cress sets dont do because theyre afraid of ceding momentum to imposter but this set doesnt do that because he has no recovery move gottem

triage venu
:sm/venusaur-mega:
disease man (Venusaur-Mega) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Giga Drain
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam

triage venu. somewhat cheesy set that counters diancie and wins games on occasion. none of the counters to this set are common so you can usually just tg up late game and do things.

taunt/pursuit ph zera
ground zero (Zeraora) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Pursuit
- Spore
- Taunt

pursuit is a funny move that u can use to trap mmy sometimes. this set was made to delete aegi from the game, taunt forces him out while pursuit gets important chip on him. plasma fists can be used over bolt strike if ur weird about that

aerilate spin hooh
HEATERSON (Ho-Oh) @ Sharp Beak / Rocky Helmet / Leftovers / Firium Z
Adamant / Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Frustration / Return / Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire / Anchor Shot / Spectral Thief / Refresh / V-create
- Recover

HERE IT IS BABY THE BEST SET OF THE BUNCH. the best part of this set is that its not even passive, it can spin on hazard setters but also has 24 pp of FLYING TYPE DESTRUCTION to utterly destroy xern/mmx and even do some sizable chip to fat mons. for example sharp beak frustration does 30-35 to giratina which is pretty crazy. you can run pretty much any attack in the game in this pokemons 3rd slot depending on team so just go crazy. this mon fits on like 50% of every team ever made.

shoutouts to anyone who wants them i dont really care

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
ompl bh is over so here are sets i guess. all of these were made during ompl

triage steela
viability ceiling (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Magma Storm
- Spikes

steela is surprisingly good with triage despite his extremely bad special attack (107). good defensive typing and bulk means he can live a hit from most offensive guys like gar, mmx, etc unboosted, click tail glow, and bop them. giga isnt necessary when you already beat every non fire move diancie. spikes are really nice to have when everyone except rocks are pressured by wing + magma

zmove bounce ttar
Pazza's Uncle (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

imposter proofs the set above. good mon in its own right, fightinium z is a cool tech that slams steels and imposter on the switch. pursuit catches normalize gar while spectral is to hit gira for decent damage while stopping this mon from being setup bait.

sg spikes 2 attacks pdon
the big board (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Shift Gear
- Spikes

no recovery move pdon. this set never really made it past the second phase (team built with it but no success) but i think its a kinda cool idea so im posting it here, no recovery allows pdon to do a lot more than he could do before. i think the shift gear + recover set is garbage and imposter bait. this set was designed to be used with wish support but you might be able to make it work without it.

gunk shot mmx
GUNKMAN (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash
- Gunk Shot

the man, the myth, the legend gunk mmx. gunk hits fairy types and easily 2hkos xern if you hit your moves, and carries a high poison chance as well so you can feasibly poison stuff like bounce giratina over longer games, making it super easy to pressure and eventually take out. wisp is for imposter and shed while icicle crash rounds out the set's coverage.

prank meloetta-p
:sm/meloetta-pirouette:
worse lopunny (Meloetta-Pirouette) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Drain Punch
- Spirit Shackle / Spectral Thief

prank user that checks gar and isnt dark type. dont remember why i used this but i was sick of yveltal. its kind of unreliable i guess

metal burst lax
:sm/snorlax:
kek or cringe (Snorlax) @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Facade
- Coil
- Spectral Thief / Knock Off
- Metal Burst

i posted ph lax a while earlier but this is a new innovation that i think can help him succeed. the biggest issue with snorlax is his lack of power meaning offensive mons like ph mmx can switch in on anything and force him out. metal burst attempts to mitigate this by ohkoing these offensive mons if they go for an attacking move, like diancie boomburst or ph mmx low kick (yes, you live at +1). lax is still most likely not great but i think hes less bad now

perish song soundproof cress
warioware gold (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Defog

perish song is really cool on this guy, you can catch all sorts of annoying mons that try to take advantage of cress being passive. ive caught ph xern, zyg, mmx, and many others with this set and just removed them early on. its better than entrain because you can kill them even if they arent poison heal.

signature move man
SIGNATURE MOVE MAN (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Precipice Blades
- Volt Tackle
- Knock Off

of all the mmy sets i theorymonned in that one post, this is the only one that really did anything notable. signature move man has pretty much no counters outside of fc chans who hates knock and venu/ferro which are uncommon. its still mmy which means despite having no counters its not automatically winning the game, but i think this set is up there with standard sf so im posting it here.

ph rocks slaking
gorilla emoji (Slaking) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Spectral Thief

rocks slaking/regi is good because people never run magic bouncers for them anymore, bounce steels are rly rare due to ph mmx and bounce gira is just not a good mon in general. the imposter matchup is a little shaky but as long as youre not too weakened or boosted and imposters chipped (it will be) you can win the 1v1. even if you cant imposter proofing is a trivial task.

cb gren
:sm/greninja-ash:
fanservice man (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat

ash grens the best cb dark type because of how fast he is you can pursuit trap gengar and weakened mmx, its really cool. this mon needs much less support than the slower ttar/gyara despite having less power and being walled by fairy types, and actually does something vs offense instead of dying instantly.

qd 3 attacks ph xern
x gon give it to ya (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Magma Storm
- Thunder / Power Gem / Steam Eruption

qd 3 attacks xern. thanks to fc chans and ff steels being bad this mon has no good counters. hooh can live all moves bar power gem but its not reliable whatsoever and gives up momentum instead of it being the other way around. imposter matchup is in your favor thanks to magma storm. last slot is variable and depends on what youre more concerned about but all of them beat hooh which is the main focus of the set.

pix ttar
Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Pokeball: dreamball
Hidden Power: Bug
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm

pixilate ttar is cool, hes still kind of walled by fairy types but at least you have cb diamond storm and espeed to pick them off from a weakened state. this set was made mainly for ttar to surprise mmx and kill it after chip with cb espeed while also taking out zyg with frustration. it works ok for its intended purposes but sometimes i feel like the sets trying to do too much at once.

lo breakers
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Hammer
- Spectral Thief

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Magma Storm

im grouping these together because theyre pretty much the same idea. choice breaker sets that i was formerly fond of are no longer super great in this fast paced meta, but luckily lo helps these pokemon achieve a similar power level without having to switch out after 1 turn. the loss of power on coverage moves (mmx sunsteel vs fairies, ice hammer vs gira, ultra magma vs steels) is where the power loss is most annoying.

sf arceus (do not use if ur unlucky)
:sm/arceus-electric:
The Machine (Arceus-Electric) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

the power loss on this set compared to sf mmy is tough but honestly it still kills the things it needs to. ice beam fails to 2hko giratina which is funny but bolt strike still kills ogre, focusblast covers steels, and ice beam kills zyg after a little chip. the reason you use this over sf mmy is because unlike mmy whos extremely fragile and hates taking any kind of chip, arceus is one of the most annoying mons to wear down in the game without factoring in status. this makes him really hard to take down in practice for slower teams that rely on offensive mons like chomper because uturn does 10% then theyre like "what do i do now"

birdman
birdman (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sacred Fire
- Horn Leech
- Ice Beam

this sets pretty cursed. use it at your own risk.

bounce kart
:sm/kartana:
resident tryhard (Kartana) @ Icium Z / Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip / Low Kick
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
- Ice Hammer

i actually really like this set, kartana counters a surprising amount of defensive mons with bounce and recovery. being a steel that counters low kick ph mmx is nice, having near unparalleled offensive utility for a recovery mon is nice, switching into no magma xern and actually threatening it is nice (dont do this though). it doesnt fit on all teams but when it does fit this mon goes in.

bounce geist
:sm/gourgeist-super:
everyday struggle (Gourgeist-Super) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Worry Seed
- Defog
- Shore Up

being imposter bait is kind of annoying but there are so many other pokemon you can use to imposter proof this so its not that bad. anyway, token ph mmx counter thats also a ground resist, really slow, and isnt eviolite reliant. here u go use him well

pain split diancie
:sm/diancie-mega:
rockman (Diancie-Mega) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam
- Pain Split

the legendary rockman. beats everything except hooh. pain split is really nice on him because you can come in on gira and just click split if ur low, even if they stay in its a workable situation.

regenvest mega heracross
:sm/heracross-mega:
crunchy man (Heracross-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Brave Nature
- Low Kick
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- First Impression

steel counter that doesnt give up momentum thanks to regenvest. imposter proofed easily by any flying or fairy type which is always nice to have, its like guzzlord in that aspect. loses to a lot of stuff though including ph mmx so make sure you have all those guys covered. pairs nicely with hooh

subpass ph xern
SANDBOI (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Sandstorm
- Moonblast

the idea behind this set is to get up a sub on like giratina and pass it when they go to some other guy and anchor. xern has a pretty good hp stat which is nice for subpass. sandstorm is for shed which is super silly. guess u could run leechseed or something

z-beak blast hooh
BREEGULL BASH (Ho-Oh) @ Flyinium Z
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Recover
- Beak Blast

z beak is a brutal move, ive also used it on prank sometimes. good power, great offensive typing, and hooh has a good enough attack stat to really take advantage of it, taking out weakened defensive mons that dont expect it as well as gar (doesnt kill but comes pretty close, favored roll after rocks).

rock blast mmx
haha funny rock move funny anti hooh tech (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt / Hard Stone
Ability: Technician
Hasty Nature
- Rock Blast
- Storm Throw
- Moongeist Beam
- Frost Breath

more ppl should use moongeist on this, its pretty good. if u dont fear shed i guess u could use beat up or something. hard stone is to punish fairy types more because theyre this set's main weakness.

soundproof slaking
HE HAS NO STYLE (Slaking) @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Recover
- Thousand Waves

soundproof slaking is pretty rad, unlike arceus he has high defense to live espeed/pblades and also high attack so you can run more aggressive sets such as this one.

fc mega alt
:sm/altaria-mega:
ledge grab limit (Altaria-Mega) @ Groundium Z
Brave Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Roost
- Core Enforcer
- Spikes

ran this on a stall team once and it put in a surprising amount of work so posting it here. fc alt is probably one of its more viable sets. alt has a usable attack stat so z waves eliminates steels and imposter while core handles slowbro and faster bouncers so you can set up spikes. very niche set but i feel like it should be seeing more use.

rattlepass lugia
:sm/lugia:
R. Kelly (Lugia) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rattled
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Aeroblast
- Knock Off
- Spikes

yes, rattlepass is back. lugias the best rattled user in the meta imo, its very bulky, fast enough to get the +1 bp off against anything, and not weak to other moves the spectral/knock/uturn user will likely carry. i guess you could run recovery on this set but i didnt find it very necessary. aeroblast is for ph mmx, spikes and knock are to force things out.

smash trip buzzwole
:sm/buzzwole:
BIG MAN ON CAMPUS (Buzzwole) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- U-turn
- Low Kick

very cheesy set meant to lure in and kill giratina. guess you could run sunsteel over uturn for fairy types or something

pixilate phero
:sm/pheromosa:
fortune (Pheromosa) @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

phero is back yet again with another set. pixilate offers a few notable benefits over pix mmx, those being outspeeding mmy, having stab uturn, and getting a spin against stuff like aero in a pinch. not nearly as broken as the several phero sets deemed too strong for the meta (stakeout, illusion, ph) but hopefully this mon will return to its former glory one day

scarf aerilate yveltal
:sm/yveltal:
AS SEEN ON TV (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Boomburst
- Explosion
- Trick

run this set on hyper offense. im a big fan of explosion spam offense and yveltal does a good job on it by forcing out gira and drawing in certified lame guys like ttar gear and zyg. when they get heavily chipped by explosion u can just send in ur dumb sweeper and win instantly.

drought shaymin
:sm/shaymin:
IT'S NO USE (Shaymin) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Calm Nature
- Entrainment
- Synthesis
- Solar Beam
- Defog

yes, this is a viable sun setter. i ran it as a ground resist that wasnt weak to fairy so it could beat all non fire move diancies 1v1 for example, then i covered fire move variants with the ff user in the back. shaymins better than tang for this bc he has higher speed and spdef

veil setter zera
HAIL HYDRA (Zeraora) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Taunt
- Heal Order
- Rapid Spin

zeras a nice veil setter because hes faster than everyone but isnt incredibly frail or weak to common attacks unlike most others of his speed tier. i think hes probably the best fast veil setter in general.

head charge kyub
:sm/kyurem-black:
elecman (Kyurem-Black) @ Never-Melt Ice / Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bolt Strike

head charge is better than boomburst, it has recoil but ohkoing gira and outright killing ph xern on the switch with head charge into espeed is so valuable.

ph wall cress
stumblebot (Cresselia) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Spiky Shield

cool set that takes care of mmx and gets momentum, something a lot of cress sets dont do because theyre afraid of ceding momentum to imposter but this set doesnt do that because he has no recovery move gottem

triage venu
:sm/venusaur-mega:
disease man (Venusaur-Mega) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Giga Drain
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam

triage venu. somewhat cheesy set that counters diancie and wins games on occasion. none of the counters to this set are common so you can usually just tg up late game and do things.

taunt/pursuit ph zera
ground zero (Zeraora) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Pursuit
- Spore
- Taunt

pursuit is a funny move that u can use to trap mmy sometimes. this set was made to delete aegi from the game, taunt forces him out while pursuit gets important chip on him. plasma fists can be used over bolt strike if ur weird about that

aerilate spin hooh
HEATERSON (Ho-Oh) @ Sharp Beak / Rocky Helmet / Leftovers / Firium Z
Adamant / Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Frustration / Return / Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire / Anchor Shot / Spectral Thief / Refresh / V-create
- Recover

HERE IT IS BABY THE BEST SET OF THE BUNCH. the best part of this set is that its not even passive, it can spin on hazard setters but also has 24 pp of FLYING TYPE DESTRUCTION to utterly destroy xern/mmx and even do some sizable chip to fat mons. for example sharp beak frustration does 30-35 to giratina which is pretty crazy. you can run pretty much any attack in the game in this pokemons 3rd slot depending on team so just go crazy. this mon fits on like 50% of every team ever made.

shoutouts to anyone who wants them i dont really care
Min the Speed on both Cresselia for the slowest option to pivot (PH) and/or to avoid Core Enforcer (both).
————
For Necrozma-Ultra, wouldn’t it be better to replace Psystrike with Photon Geyser, for after the SpA Drop?
This allows it to mix-sweep, Break Abilities, and not fear the power drop from Draco/Boost.

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Magma Storm
——————
Slaking has basically equal Physical bulk as Arceus, and lesser Special bulk.
It’s a trade off between Speed and Mixed Defenses, or Attack.

252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 332-392 (74.7 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slaking: 378-446 (75 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

pazza

Banned deucer.
Min the Speed on Cresselia for the slowest pivot and to avoid Core Enforcer.
————
For Necrozma-Ultra, wouldn’t it be better to replace Psystrike with Photon Geyser, and lower SpA by 1 (and keep all Atk EVs)?
This allows it to mix-sweep, Break Abilities, and not fear the power drop from Draco/Boost.

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Magma Storm
You get walled if you run Photon Geyser by kyogre or any spdef wall if u don't run psystrike

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Min the Speed on both Cresselia for the slowest option to pivot (PH) and/or to avoid Core Enforcer (both).
i ran max speed on cress to outspeed shell smash users after taking their boosts, namely mmx on bmoc. i guess you could reduce the speed a little bit but not all the way if you wanted but i havent had much trouble with fast cress in testing
For Necrozma-Ultra, wouldn’t it be better to replace Psystrike with Photon Geyser, and lower SpA by 1 (and keep all Atk EVs)?
this would be impossible with a modest nature or any +spa nature, which is what i prefer, because there is no way for the atk stat to keep up with the spa without reducing spa so much that running +spa does nothing, which makes it pointless.

i guess you could run it on +speed necrozma if you want, the only niche it has though is killing fc chansey, since shed is already covered adequately by magma storm, and physical photon and psystrike are functionally the same move if you want it to "mix-sweep".

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
i ran max speed on cress to outspeed shell smash users after taking their boosts, namely mmx on bmoc. i guess you could reduce the speed a little bit but not all the way if you wanted but i havent had much trouble with fast cress in testing

this would be impossible with a modest nature or any +spa nature, which is what i prefer, because there is no way for the atk stat to keep up with the spa without reducing spa so much that running +spa does nothing, which makes it pointless.

i guess you could run it on +speed necrozma if you want, the only niche it has though is killing fc chansey, since shed is already covered adequately by magma storm, and physical photon and psystrike are functionally the same move if you want it to "mix-sweep".
I edited my post as you replied. For Shedinja, if Magma misses, or Shedinja U-Turns, it won’t save it. On a miss, Endeavor puts Necrozma in LO KO range and it can be outspeed with a Priority Attack.
——————
Edit:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Last Resort
- Precipice Blades

Come in on a Hazer, Spore, Set-Up on their switch to a likely Flying/Rock resist (Steel), and Precipice Blades.

Last Resort keeps you Imposterproof and hitting as hard as a Boomburst with +6 Attack.
——————
Slaking @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Dazzling / Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Belly Drum
- Last Resort / Extreme Speed (Dazzling only)
- Spectral Thief / No Move

Sleep regardless of the foe’s Safety Goggles.

If using Scrappy, you can Z-Move Lovely Kiss to get a +1 Speed, then Belly Drum, then Last Resort since you don’t need Spectral for Ghosts.

The best part is you can Z-move all of your Normal moves for either a +Speed from Lovely Kiss to suit both Dazzling and Scrappy, Heal 100% from BDrum and set up, or boost up Last Resort to Breakneck Blitz in case you haven’t used up all other moves yet.

Last edited:
I usually make my speed on the slow spectral thief users 220 so that I can outspeed up to Deo-A when spectral thiefing Shell Smash,. this also lets you outspeed Xern/yval after taking a Quiver Dance (of course, Cres won't be switching in on adapt Yvel but you get the point). It's very worth winning against the shell smashers to give up the slow pivot occasionally.
To do so, run 116 speed evs and full speed ivs with Sassy on Dialga, Ogre and Giratina. 156 speed evs with full ivs gets you to the same number for Cres and Zyg-C.

Re: Om! s new Belly Drum sets, theoretically those sets would work except that everything has to go right. First of all you have to sleep the right mon, and if they have two haze users, the set loses. Also they're weaker to priority than normal because they are at 50% after setup instead of 75 and yes that makes a huge difference. If your op decides not to run a resist that can be slept (Yes, some of us still run safety goggles), then you have to play a tenuous 50 50 deciding whether they'll attack as you set up, or just u-turn out. Also please guys don't use Z sleep moves; they're a waste of a z move.

Now, a few fun sets to try out:

Max Air (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Sunsteel Strike
- Head Smash

Hits super hard and fast. Tough Claws Dragon Ascent is so powerful that it can 2HKO Non FC Giratina and specially defensive zyg-C. You also get the KO on MMX, MMY, Mega Beedrill, and Charizard-Mega-Y which lets you check triage and specs sets easily. V-Create bops most Steels besides the fire immune ones, and Sunsteel is for shed. Head Smash is the cool part, as it can easily achieve 2hKOs that Aero wouldn't be able to get otherwise such as against Poison Heal Audino, Celesteela, and Mega Tar. Also, if you predict an Imposter to switch into you, you can take over half its health. Improof with either Prank Gira or defensive Zyg-C. If you go for Zyg-C, you can run an improof set with Wish to replenish Aero's health, letting it spam Head Smash a bit more freely. If you don't run wish support, Aero will probably die after two uses of Head Smash.

Garchomp-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Adaptability / Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows / High Horsepower
- Dragon Hammer
- Photon Geyser / Bolt Strike

This set often just flat out sweeps teams after you get rid of the fast mons and the pixilate/fridge users. A lot of people underestimate Megachomp's neutral bulk. It can survive some impressively strong hits like Mega Gengar's Spooky Judgment, which can let it get that Shift Gear off. I prefer running Adaptability because players can often use the fact that Garchomp's stab moves usually have immunities against you. Being able to spam Tarrows is super useful; you wouldn't think so otherwise just by looking at it on paper but it is. Photon Geyser is to hit Sheds for the most part, and I ran it over sunsteel so that I could use Fur Coat Yveltal to improof it. You can run sunsteel if you like though, but you'll have to use something even harder to fit like Fur Coat Fini as improof in that case.
Tough Claws hits a bit harder, but you'll have to deal with moves missing. Bolt Strike is especially annoying to miss, because you can pick up kos on stuff like Yveltal and Celesteela with it from full after you set up and they can just cut your sweep short if they live which is frustrating. Improof this with Shed or if you're feeling cool, Volt Absorb Togekiss

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I usually make my speed on the slow spectral thief users 220 so that I can outspeed up to Deo-A when spectral thiefing Shell Smash,. this also lets you outspeed Xern/yval after taking a Quiver Dance (of course, Cres won't be switching in on adapt Yvel but you get the point). It's very worth winning against the shell smashers to give up the slow pivot occasionally.
To do so, run 116 speed evs and full speed ivs with Sassy on Dialga, Ogre and Giratina. 156 speed evs with full ivs gets you to the same number for Cres and Zyg-C.

Re: Om! s new Belly Drum sets, theoretically those sets would work except that everything has to go right. First of all you have to sleep the right mon, and if they have two haze users, the set loses. Also they're weaker to priority than normal because they are at 50% after setup instead of 75 and yes that makes a huge difference. If your op decides not to run a resist that can be slept (Yes, some of us still run safety goggles), then you have to play a tenuous 50 50 deciding whether they'll attack as you set up, or just u-turn out. Also please guys don't use Z sleep moves; they're a waste of a z move.

Now, a few fun sets to try out:

Max Air (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Sunsteel Strike
- Head Smash

Hits super hard and fast. Tough Claws Dragon Ascent is so powerful that it can 2HKO Non FC Giratina and specially defensive zyg-C. You also get the KO on MMX, MMY, Mega Beedrill, and Charizard-Mega-Y which lets you check triage and specs sets easily. V-Create bops most Steels besides the fire immune ones, and Sunsteel is for shed. Head Smash is the cool part, as it can easily achieve 2hKOs that Aero wouldn't be able to get otherwise such as against Poison Heal Audino, Celesteela, and Mega Tar. Also, if you predict an Imposter to switch into you, you can take over half its health. Improof with either Prank Gira or defensive Zyg-C. If you go for Zyg-C, you can run an improof set with Wish to replenish Aero's health, letting it spam Head Smash a bit more freely. If you don't run wish support, Aero will probably die after two uses of Head Smash.

Garchomp-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Adaptability / Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows / High Horsepower
- Dragon Hammer
- Photon Geyser / Bolt Strike

This set often just flat out sweeps teams after you get rid of the fast mons and the pixilate/fridge users. A lot of people underestimate Megachomp's neutral bulk. It can survive some impressively strong hits like Mega Gengar's Spooky Judgment, which can let it get that Shift Gear off. I prefer running Adaptability because players can often use the fact that Garchomp's stab moves usually have immunities against you. Being able to spam Tarrows is super useful; you wouldn't think so otherwise just by looking at it on paper but it is. Photon Geyser is to hit Sheds for the most part, and I ran it over sunsteel so that I could use Fur Coat Yveltal to improof it. You can run sunsteel if you like though, but you'll have to use something even harder to fit like Fur Coat Fini as improof in that case.
Tough Claws hits a bit harder, but you'll have to deal with moves missing. Bolt Strike is especially annoying to miss, because you can pick up kos on stuff like Yveltal and Celesteela with it from full after you set up and they can just cut your sweep short if they live which is frustrating. Improof this with Shed or if you're feeling cool, Volt Absorb Togekiss
I feel like you are responding to just Aerodactyl-Mega but you wording it like you are responding to both...

Slaking-
Priority - Blocked with Dazzling.
Overall, I know it is a situational sweep, but that’s pretty true for all sweeps, and I saw some niche posts before mine and still played ball with their general idea...

Safety Goggles - don’t block Lovely Kiss, which is why I listed it specifically for that purpose...

Z-Lovely Kiss benefitting from Normalium-Z is just an option over using it on Belly Drum or Last Resort (different scenarios demand different plays), that I view as a perk and not necessarily a required choice.

Being able to Sleep one of the few checks to Slaking, while boosting Speed so you can Belly Drum on their switch next turn, hidden behind Dazzling, seems pretty nice of a niche. Give credit for what it does on the set- move compression. Now it doesn’t need Extreme Speed if it has +1 Speed.

While setting up is situational, so is a team that relies on 2 Pranksters without you considering teammates that might be able to handle that. (What set-up doesn’t have a teammate that can threaten Prank Tina, etc.?)

For Scrappy, what Steel or Rock type likes taking +6 Last Resort?

For Dazzling sets Spectral Thief hits Dusk-Mane, Solgaleo, Aegislash, etc. that would resist Last Resort...
——————
To Imposterproof your Garchomp-Mega with Sunsteel, why not just Tough Claws High Horsepower and allow Celesteela?

Since you are not banded, you don’t need to rely on Thousand Arrows for neutral hits.

That seems pretty simple to handle.

If you want a 1K Arrows + Sunsteel check, I guess you could opt for use Golisipod since it has natural good physical bulk and thanks to its typing it doesn’t rely on Fur Coat to survive Ground, and Steel moves.

Otherwise the Tapu Bulu can wall your Garchomp-Mega better than Tapu Fini if you use Bolt Strike over Sunsteel/Photon.

Last edited:
Eh, I'll share a few. I'm pretty much done playing all serious this gen and mostly playing for kicks and giggles until Gen VIII, so no need to hide anything.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Glare

PH Support Xern with a little bit of bite to keep it from being passive. With hazard support from another mon, PH + Recovery make it incredibly annoying to deal with. Glare is also super cool in that it nails all those Ground-types expecting you to go for the Nuzzle. Moonblast keeps the set from being passive and lets it even force out some other mons. It's not a sweeper not breaker though, so it's mostly for wearing down opponents lacking recovery or burning recovery PP. Max speed lets it exploit Glare to the fullest potential.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Pressure Groudon, basically. You can switch the ability for whatever one-shot ability you prefer, though Intimidate can occasionally be clutch. Fire Lash is the crown jewel of this set as it basically makes Primaldon unwallable to most anything not immune to its STAB. Earthquake is chosen for a combination of PP, power, and accuracy, though you can easily switch for Blades, Arrows, or Waves if you have the right improof since this set is forced out by Imposter in most cases. Primaldon forces switches easily, so it can usually set Rocks up pretty safely, but this move can be swapped. Synthesis keeps it healthy so it can keep the pressure up, but you can switch it if you have Wish support. Either way, get it in safely and your best move 90% of the time is to Fire Lash whatever's in front of you unless they have a likely/known FF/Prim Sea. Even though Imposter wins, it still doesn't want to switch in to getting -1 Def or taking an Earthquake.

FF/Prim Sea Flying-types are perfect improofs if you need one, barring Arrows variants.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Sassy Nature
- Boomburst
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass

Arceus is, IMO, the best Unware in the current meta, although it doesn't necessarily beat all the things you'd hope for an Unaware to beat. Unlike most, Arceus is not a passive Unaware user and instead has the goal of stealing boosts and using them to strike back. 120 Special Attack is merely only decent, but combine with a STAB Boomburst to still do significant damage after stealing a boost or two. Baton Pass is to pass the boosts away to a sweeper/attacker of your own, but this slot is super flexible. For example, Refresh lets it handle Nuzzle/Glare + Quiver Dance Xerneas and similar sets, Taunt shuts down Normalize Gengar (though Arceus might be forced out too), or it can run status, hazards, more coverage, or even a set-up move of its own (probably Quiver Dance).

Item slot is flexible depending on your needs. Nature and the speed IVs are also adjustable to suit your team's needs.

You have to play aggressive and proactive with this set to get the most out of it, especially if you wanna beat the likes of Drum + Sunsteel Kartana or Smash + Photon MMY. It's not an end-all-be-all anti-set-up and it also cannot just willy-nilly switch in on anything with a moldy move or certain attackers with boosting items. So scout and be sure to get it in before the opponent gets a foothold.

You can also do an Unaware Perish Song set with Arceus pretty well too.

Definite WIP (Cresselia) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Baneful Bunker
- Infestation / Toxic / Leech Seed
- Metal Burst / Gastro Acid

Inspired by Gen V Stallrein. Anything particularly bulky and able to use Poison Heal works as well. Classic substitute stall that works best with Toxic Spikes support. Cress is bulky enough to take most hits and get a Substitute going to get things started. Once its up, in some cases you can simply just Sub > Baneful > Sub over and over until victory. The third slot helps speed up the residual damage KOs or nails stuff you couldn't poison with T.Spikes for whatever reason or offers damage if you fail to get them/keep them up. All three have their pros and cons, albeit with Infestation being my favorite since, with two layers of T. Spikes it pretty much ensures heavy damage or a KO before the opponent can switch. Metal Burst exists primarily to punish people hard who wanna get cheeky with Spectral Thief or Boomburst, especially the former since Cress attracts thieving spectres of all kinds quite easily. Gastro is an option for dealing with opposing Poison Healers that doesn't require both outslowing and them not being Xerneas.

Fun thing is, this set, with T. Spikes up, theoretically beats almost any set-up sweeper who can't bypass Substitute. In practice it's not quite so easy, but it is funny watching Power Trip abusers and the like flounder helplessly.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Whip
- V-create
- Trick Room

Meme-ish set of the post. This set is dumb, but it puts in work. Intended as a suicide lead, Kartana can set-up Trick Room on anything faster than it or simply attack anything slower than it for hard-hitting Sunsteel Strikes. It chews apart offensive teams and, worst usual case, Kartana Trick Rooms, goes to one HP while next turn it drops opponent to Sash, gets KOed, and opponent is either KOed or forced out due to Trick Room. If the opponent Sashsmashes as Kartana Trickrooms, it usually wins, lest the opponent have priority, and lives to hit something else before going down.

Power Whip and V-Create are coverage, although aren't used much so you could probably do whatever you wanted with those lots, like maybe use Gear Grind against Sashsmashers?

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Arceus @ Life Orb / Sharp Beak
Ability: Simple / Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Haze

Immunity to Spectral Thief, Haze, Imposter, (Mold Breaker - bypass Sturdy, Unaware), and block SpA Triage movesets (Immunity to Moongeist), while powerful bulk, puts Arceus in a good position to be self-sufficient.

It can damage while healing, and if it is facing set-up, it can Haze them before it sets up with its own Tail Glow.

Imprison keeps Defense and offense limited to their responses to it, such as Quiver Dance stopping PHeal Kyogre and Xerneas.

Only really weak to Fighting moves.

I suggest Quiver Dance only for Simple sets, and Tail Glow works for either. Modest works best for Quiver Dance and Timid for Tail Glow.

If you're only using O.Wing as STAB, why not use Mega-Pidgeot? Does this set need Arceus' extra bulk and fewer weaknesses that much that MPidgeot's extra power doesn't compensate?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
If you're only using O.Wing as STAB, why not use Mega-Pidgeot? Does this set need Arceus' extra bulk and fewer weaknesses that much that MPidgeot's extra power doesn't compensate?
Yes bc it will die to nuetral hits. I did think of it, but it’s weaknesses break it like Kyurem-B with -ate Speed, being weak to Ice Beam, etc.

I did consider it especially bc it’s faster by 1 point, but it’s not bulky enough to justify using it for Oblivion Wing. May as well use Pidgeot-Mega for Specs Boomburst sets.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yveltal @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pixelate / Refrigerate
Modest / Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Boomburst
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow

Blocking Triage, as well as Boomburst, all while setting up can allow it to stay surprisingly consistent throughout the match.

Boomburst provides surprisingly good damage as it can handle Prankster Haze Giratina and Zygarde-Complete, not to mention Imposter. I prefer Pixelate for Tyranitar-Mega, Gyarados-Mega, and just a stronger hit against MMX, plus better neutral damage. Literally 40% stronger than STAB OWing.

Refrigerate can be used for KOing Zygarde-Complete, and hitting Pokemon that can switch into Flying and Fairy-type attacks like Celesteela.

Overall, it is still weak to moves from Kyurem-Black, SF MMY, but it does pack notable power, while disabling moves that normally threaten it.

Lastly, it’s great typing and balanced stats make it suitable for healing and dealing damage off of STAB Oblivion Wing, while Boomburst allow it to handle it’s typical Dark, and Flying resists.

——————

Celesteela @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature / Naughty
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike
- Oblivion Wing
- Shell Smash

While Celesteela is oftentimes looked down on for its offense, Adaptability and Life Orb allow its sets to still 2HKO, and thus 1HKO after Smash, many Pokemon that would normally switch in, believing they are safe.

This gives it an edge over more obvious offensive threats, which have more apparent checks, while Celesteela is a lure for Fire, Steel, and other resists to its STAB thanks to Precipice Blades.

Oblivion Wing is used for healing and mixed sweeping, ensuring Celesteela can heal off LO recoil and make the most of its time on the battlefield.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Celesteela Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 691-816 (98.1 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Celesteela Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 372-439 (102.1 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Celesteela Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 354-419 (87.6 - 103.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
With 442 Speed after a Shell Smash, it literally outspeeds even Pheromosa after a Shell Smash, which is what makes this set perfectly potent: slow and bulky enough to take hits before it uses Shell Smash, yet just fast and powerful enough to deliver key KOs against would be checks afterwards.

Lastly, Sunsteel Strike allows it to handle Shedinja, Unaware / Fur Coat mons like Chansey, etc. that would otherwise stop things like SF MMY, -ate Diancie-Mega, etc.

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yveltal @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pixelate / Refrigerate
Modest / Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Boomburst
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow

Blocking Triage, as well as Boomburst, all while setting up can allow it to stay surprisingly consistent throughout the match.

Boomburst provides surprisingly good damage as it can handle Prankster Haze Giratina and Zygarde-Complete, not to mention Imposter. I prefer Pixelate for Tyranitar-Mega, Gyarados-Mega, and just a stronger hit against MMX, plus better neutral damage. Literally 40% stronger than STAB OWing.

Refrigerate can be used for KOing Zygarde-Complete, and hitting Pokemon that can switch into Flying and Fairy-type attacks like Celesteela.

Overall, it is still weak to moves from Kyurem-Black, SF MMY, but it does pack notable power, while disabling moves that normally threaten it.

Lastly, it’s great typing and balanced stats make it suitable for healing and dealing damage off of STAB Oblivion Wing, while Boomburst allow it to handle it’s typical Dark, and Flying resists.

——————

Celesteela @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature / Naughty
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike
- Oblivion Wing
- Shell Smash

While Celesteela is oftentimes looked down on for its offense, Adaptability and Life Orb allow its sets to still 2HKO, and thus 1HKO after Smash, many Pokemon that would normally switch in, believing they are safe.

This gives it an edge over more obvious offensive threats, which have more apparent checks, while Celesteela is a lure for Fire, Steel, and other resists to its STAB thanks to Precipice Blades.

Oblivion Wing is used for healing and mixed sweeping, ensuring Celesteela can heal off LO recoil and make the most of its time on the battlefield.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Celesteela Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 691-816 (98.1 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Celesteela Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 372-439 (102.1 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Celesteela Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 354-419 (87.6 - 103.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
With 442 Speed after a Shell Smash, it literally outspeeds even Pheromosa after a Shell Smash, which is what makes this set perfectly potent: slow and bulky enough to take hits before it uses Shell Smash, yet just fast and powerful enough to deliver key KOs against would be checks afterwards.

Lastly, Sunsteel Strike allows it to handle Shedinja, Unaware / Fur Coat mons like Chansey, etc. that would otherwise stop things like SF MMY, -ate Diancie-Mega, etc.
The Celesteela set looks pretty cool. It seems fairly dependent on setting up in order to actually do some damage, but I still like the idea of it. I don't really understand why you included the calc against Primal Groudon, though. I don't think most people would be switching in their Pdon to a Celesteela that just used Shell Smash. I guess you could bluff Flash Fire by bringing Celesteela to face Pdon off a slow pivot, but Celesteela still fears Bolt Strike and Thousand Arrows. But the set looks neat and I'd like to see it in use to see what kind of damage it can actually do outside of theorymonning.

But I don't really understand the Yveltal set. Imprison is extremely niche and takes up a valuable moveslot and a turn. You claim to block Triage, which can only be true if you've had a chance to set Imprison. It is definitely not switching into a boosted Triage user's attacks and no Triage user is being sent in to face an Imprison + Oblivion Wing Yveltal. Otherwise, it is slower than a relevant Triage user, Mega Charizard Y, by one point in base speed and is 2HKO'd by its Fire STAB (calc below).

You are also taking away from one of the main reasons to use Yveltal in BH, which is its Dark-type STAB. Your set is one of the rare Yveltal sets that is walled by Normalize Gengar and Aegislash. Revelation Dance looks like it is really missed on this set. Revelation Dance also 2HKO's Giratina and can't be removed due to Core Enforcer like Boomburst can. I just can't see this guy having many opportunities to fully setup while also staying healthy and avoiding things like Spectral Thief or ability removal.

252+ SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 282-333 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Revelation Dance vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 296-351 (58.7 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The Celesteela set looks pretty cool. It seems fairly dependent on setting up in order to actually do some damage, but I still like the idea of it. I don't really understand why you included the calc against Primal Groudon, though. I don't think most people would be switching in their Pdon to a Celesteela that just used Shell Smash. I guess you could bluff Flash Fire by bringing Celesteela to face Pdon off a slow pivot, but Celesteela still fears Bolt Strike and Thousand Arrows. But the set looks neat and I'd like to see it in use to see what kind of damage it can actually do outside of theorymonning.

But I don't really understand the Yveltal set. Imprison is extremely niche and takes up a valuable moveslot and a turn. You claim to block Triage, which can only be true if you've had a chance to set Imprison. It is definitely not switching into a boosted Triage user's attacks and no Triage user is being sent in to face an Imprison + Oblivion Wing Yveltal. Otherwise, it is slower than a relevant Triage user, Mega Charizard Y, by one point in base speed and is 2HKO'd by its Fire STAB (calc below).

You are also taking away from one of the main reasons to use Yveltal in BH, which is its Dark-type STAB. Your set is one of the rare Yveltal sets that is walled by Normalize Gengar and Aegislash. Revelation Dance looks like it is really missed on this set. Revelation Dance also 2HKO's Giratina and can't be removed due to Core Enforcer like Boomburst can. I just can't see this guy having many opportunities to fully setup while also staying healthy and avoiding things like Spectral Thief or ability removal.

252+ SpA Life Orb Charizard-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 282-333 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Revelation Dance vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 296-351 (58.7 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I think of it as you switch in Celesteela against something it walls; it fears Anchor Shot and switches to PDon with Bolt Strike. You Shell Smash on their switch - which catches them off guard.

From here, they get 1HKOed if they think they can survive your Sunsteel and KO back with Bolt Strike, only to get 1 Shotted.

Same goes if they switch Groudon out after it comes in on a Smash, realizing Celesteela is not defensive, and then go to a Prankster Registeel who now gets 1HKOed by Precipice Blades on it’s switch in.

Basically, you don’t come in Vs Groudon. Since I feel it lures in Pokemon like Groudon, I let them switch into Celesteela, which forces them into a 1HKO, or forces them out to get KOed themselves.
——————
Yveltal also functions as a lure, attracting Imposter to switch in as it Imprisons, Boomburst can handle Giratina off of a a harder hit, and yes it does fear Spectral Thief and Core Enforcer, but typical the only faster offensive threat with Spectral is MMX who fears Boomburst, and if it doesn’t know the set, likely fears Oblivion Wing once I used Tail Glow (believing it’s Triage).

Yveltal usually does pretty well Vs MMX.

As for Core Enforcer, most users are slower, letting Yveltal go first with Boomburst, so things like Tina, Zygarde-Complete, etc. are hit harder before removing its ability.

Oblivion Wing isn’t just for Triage users, but many Triage users will use it.

I see your point on Charizard-Mega-Y, but if your team has SRocks up, takes 50% in the switch in, Charizard isn’t going to last, and now cannot heal or Set up.

It will be pointless to send it in after taking SR, and then switch out (say it comes in on Imprison), so it will also take 10% off of the Life Orb once it attacks with Blue Flare, and then takes STAB Oblivion Wing off of Yveltal,

252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 136-161 (37.7 - 44.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (40% remaining HP on Charizard).

Otherwise, Charizard coming in on Tail Glow (even without Stealth Rocks), will yield a 1HKO off of Yveltal’s Oblivion Wing 37.7 x 2.5 = 113% damage

Further, when people see Yveltal set up Tail Glow they predict Triage. Which means they are likely to send in a Dazzling Pokemon, only to get hit on their switch in, or an Unaware Mon like Zygarde-Complete which will be outspeed and Boombursted.

Prankster users are something they will want to slow pivot in because they assume Triage will let me hit them on their switch and outspeed their Haze next turn. Plus they want to avoid sending in Prankster Tina in the first place because they fear Revelation Dance, and Boomburst does even more.

Giratina

252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Yveltal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 367-434 (72.8 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zygarde-Complete:

252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Yveltal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 393-463 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Obviously Yveltal won’t switch into set uppers, it will lure them and walls in. Tail Glow suggests it’s Triage, so they oftentimes switch out what they send in on the turn I Tail Glow, or they slow pivot to an Unaware or Prankster user, only to get Boombursted.

What makes it a lure is that with Ray gone, it will be able to bluff Triage, or even bluff Aerilate. As when they see me hit nuetrally off Boomburst, they send in a Tar to take the “Flying” Boomburst, resisting Moongeist Beam or Revelation Dance (if they think Tar is an overall safe switch in to its other assumed moves) only to be hit by a Fairy Boomburst. Outspeed by Yveltal barring a resisted Sucker Punch, their “check” is now handled.

252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Yveltal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar-Mega: 367-434 (90.8 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

I’ll get some replays, but the uniqueness of Yveltal is people don’t know what to expect because they assume Defensive sets like Unaware or RegenVest oftentimes on team preview, (like if I predict they will send in Diancie Vs it, I use Imprison), or offensive sets like Triage once they see Tail Glow, or Aerilate once they see Boomburst.

If I had a Charizard-Mega-Y and I see that Yveltal has Tail Glow, I would assume Yveltal was Triage until proven otherwise, and be hesistant to send Charizard-Mega-Y in. Because if I switched in Charizard on Tail Glow (even on a slow pivot) I would assume Oblivion Wing is coming off of priority, and fear being one shotted.

Why not just, send in a Prankster or Unaware mon instead? Then Boomburst hits them on the following turn, and even “safe checks to Triage” like Unaware Yveltal / Zygarde-Complete are threatened by Boomburst, which is something Revelation Dance cannot do.

At the very least, based on my experience using it.

Still, I see where you are coming from.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
gamer headset? on. bh metagame? near unbearable. seasonal? in. yep.....its gamer time

pblades zyg
:sm/zygarde-complete:
Radical Melancholy (Zygarde-Complete) @ Groundium Z / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof / Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- U-turn
- Defog
- Recover / Shore Up

u can run max speed on this if u want. anyway pblades is a really cool tech on zyg if youre running an ice move breaker because you can just run uturn, hard punish imposter, and make use of the additional power over waves. trapping is only necessary in specific scenarios and everyone is ready for it anyway. rather be able to escape opposing zyg waves and smack gar/steels.

another cool idea is running soft sand with either this or waves just for the extra power. i hate chomp as a mon but theres no denying that ground stab is really powerful in this meta, immunities and even resistances are often not present so ur moves can really chunk stuff with that extra boost, like ph xern.

alternative sf mmy
BLUE KANGAROO (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Seed Flare
- Focus Blast

sf mmy that trades some matchups for others. the only thing that really walls u is unmon aegi and maybe hooh if we're being optimistic here, everything else can be broken thru and shed loses his pads meaning he does nothing. i feel like this is a slower paced mon compared to the standard set, he has more breaking potential but is bad at cleaning and can take a while to get things done.

waves/spikes bounce audino
:sm/audino-mega:
shake it (Audino-Mega) @ Groundium Z / Rocky Helmet
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Worry Seed

spikes on a bouncer is really silly but helps this guy be a bit less passive which is always helpful considering lack of pivot moves. waves prevents imposter from blocking spikes while worryseed beats ph. z waves does around 70 to normalize gar which is hilarious, obv audinos poison weak tho so dont use him as ur sole gar answer

sub pidgeot
:sm/pidgeot-mega:
ight im boutta head out of control and sweep (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Spikes

why is no one using pidgeot. literally a broken pokemon. run this with paralysis support and instantly win the game. i wish i was joking. u need a weird imposter proofer for this, i used heartswap/defog nihilego, imposter cant boost up again if ur revdance does several billion

THE LEGENDARY AGILITYDON
INCREDIBLE SPEED (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Misty Surge / Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
- Agility

agilitydon. pdon doesnt have a way to beat gira/zyg/bro without losing the imposter-proof attributes that make it so appealing (vcreate anchor recover icebeam/moongeist is a hidden threat tho). agility boosts dons speed meaning he can clean up vs more offensive teams without losing to imposter. by that i mean if your defenses are lowered from vcreate you can get forced out but imposter has no attack boost so any pdon counterplay will do just fine

dragon ascent beedrill
:sm/beedrill-mega:
your ad here (Beedrill-Mega) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Ascent
- Poison Jab
- Ice Hammer

ascent is a great move, ohkos mmx, provides great neutral coverage on guys like gar without dropping ur speed. overall makes the offense matchup a lot easier for bee who otherwise can really only just uturn around doing 60% and losing momentum. its walled by passive steels but that doesnt matter, u just uturn on them anyway to put urself in a better position than vcreate ever could.

3 atks rocks xern
minecraft parody (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm

kinda underwhelming set because hes slow and walled by steels, but diamond storm will be a good move when aerilate spin hooh inevitably catches on. its already p nice wont lie u can beat pdon with hax

icium z ogre
:sm/kyogre-primal:
Icy McSpicy (Kyogre-Primal) @ Icium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed
- Revelation Dance

ive noticed a decline in ogres usage so lots of teams have no water type. +1 zmove ohkos gira, u can beat prank w leech seed, regenvest is annoying tho. leech seed hits shed and kinda beats imposter? maybe run like rocks on this with a separate bouncer or something idk, finding water/ice resistant bouncers that arent bad and dont share weaknesses w ogre is tough.

alternative alternative sf mmy
Joker (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Seed Flare
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

ran this on a team that had kyub so i could afford to be walled by gira/zyg/hooh/lots of things tbh. point is, get creative with this pokemon u goons. he has a ton of potential

cb tough claws ho-oh
Kagome-Kagome (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Ice Hammer
- High Horsepower

i tried running this on penguin, it was kinda underwhelming altho that mightve been the combination of me forgetting how to use penguin + everyone else adapting to it. this set is cool though, its like a stronger version of the scarf set and can actually scare mons like gira/zyg/ogre while retaining defensive utility. hope to see it used on some other teams

strength sap gar
:sm/gengar-mega:
mnm hell original (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb
- Stealth Rock / Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap

sap is cool on this guy, beats some traditional gar counterplay like the zyg and a lot of spectral users. revdance also seems to b falling off which is nice. gar is overrated tho imo and he isnt really that good

ice beam triage steela
iceman (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Oblivion Wing
- Spikes

ice beam beats zyg and gira more efficiently than just oblivion wing which is cool because they can be annoying to break otherwise, theyre bulky and steela isnt really strong. magma isnt needed because steel types do nothing, when u play against them the game starts 6-5. what are they gonna do? hit ur xern for 40?

pixilate xern
Stardust Reverie (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate / Metronome
Bold / Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Strength Sap

the last time i used pixilate xern was back when i made that 5 xern team and ran cb espeed/explosion lol. anyway this mons been performing super well for me as a pixilate gear alternative, its faster, bulkier, and resists fighting while having effectively the same power. spin + spikes is goofy but honestly works out on this set. imposter proofing is pretty self explanatory, any fairy resistant bouncer (which u were gonna run anyway).

probably only 1 set dump left for this gen. thanks for the support everyone, making these sets is honestly the highlight of my bh experience. see u later

Some End-of meta BH Sets (apologies if these have already been submitted a long time ago)

BirdsNTheBees (Beedrill-Mega) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Lunge
- Shadow Bone
- Sacred Fire
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab / Defog / Stealth Rock

you trade the u-turn pivoting and Ice coverage for overall better damage and potential late game sweeping. A lot of standard switchins are just 2hkoed or forced to spam recover giving you momentum, and the absence of the choice lock means you don't have to predict as much . Improof with FF Steels (bad), Pdon (Though you need it at high health always), FC Giratina (not great in this meta),, LeviTran (some situational use), or FC Arceus (limited applications). The damage is just great though. Good teammates are those to clear hazards, to switch into priority moves, to get rid of shed, and to break through fc users.

Against walls:
Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 224-265 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO
Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 221-263 (60.7 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Lunge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (lunge does 51-61%)
Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 452-533 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO (similar damage against Xerneas)

Against offensive mons:
Lunge vs. Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 484-572 (116.3 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shadow Bone vs. Mewtwo-Mega-X: 278-328 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Shadow Bone vs. Gengar-Mega: 320-377 (98.7 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Sacred Fire vs. Beedrill-Mega: 541-637 (161.9 - 190.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Gunk Shot vs. Regigigas: 273-321 (64.3 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Real Sharky (Kyogre-Primal) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Moonblast / Ice Beam

This set is one of the better stallbreakers currently available. Pretty much every defensive mon in the metagame, besides AV Ogre and Slowbro, doesn't want to switch in for fear of a huge hit. I was looking for a way to extend the longevity of sf sets without giving up power, and came across Leech Seed, which lets me keep my Life Orb boost. The set is self improof if Kyogre's hp is above about 40%. Unfortunately it just falls flat against most offensive teams, and can only hope to get a single KO or break a sash before dying. Also, a lot of people will think you're running some defensive ogre set and just switch in their Giratina, and that takes 70% from Moonblast or Ice Beam which is a nasty surprise since 2 or 3 more hits and even the prankster sets will go down. Another nice upside over SF Mmy is that this set can actually eat a Sucker Punch from BAT and just blow it up with Steam Eruption, which is the strongest sheer force boosted move available factoring in Ogre's SpA stat and STAB. Check out this replay to see the power of the set. If it weren't for Leech Seed I would have lost this game.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-998909946

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Some End-of meta BH Sets (apologies if these have already been submitted a long time ago)

BirdsNTheBees (Beedrill-Mega) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Lunge
- Shadow Bone
- Sacred Fire
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab / Defog / Stealth Rock

you trade the u-turn pivoting and Ice coverage for overall better damage and potential late game sweeping. A lot of standard switchins are just 2hkoed or forced to spam recover giving you momentum, and the absence of the choice lock means you don't have to predict as much . Improof with FF Steels (bad), Pdon (Though you need it at high health always), FC Giratina (not great in this meta),, LeviTran (some situational use), or FC Arceus (limited applications). The damage is just great though. Good teammates are those to clear hazards, to switch into priority moves, to get rid of shed, and to break through fc users.

Against walls:
Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 224-265 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO
Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 221-263 (60.7 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Lunge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (lunge does 51-61%)
Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 452-533 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO (similar damage against Xerneas)

Against offensive mons:
Lunge vs. Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 484-572 (116.3 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shadow Bone vs. Mewtwo-Mega-X: 278-328 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Shadow Bone vs. Gengar-Mega: 320-377 (98.7 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Sacred Fire vs. Beedrill-Mega: 541-637 (161.9 - 190.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Gunk Shot vs. Regigigas: 273-321 (64.3 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Real Sharky (Kyogre-Primal) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Moonblast / Ice Beam

This set is one of the better stallbreakers currently available. Pretty much every defensive mon in the metagame, besides AV Ogre and Slowbro, doesn't want to switch in for fear of a huge hit. I was looking for a way to extend the longevity of sf sets without giving up power, and came across Leech Seed, which lets me keep my Life Orb boost. The set is self improof if Kyogre's hp is above about 40%. Unfortunately it just falls flat against most offensive teams, and can only hope to get a single KO or break a sash before dying. Also, a lot of people will think you're running some defensive ogre set and just switch in their Giratina, and that takes 70% from Moonblast or Ice Beam which is a nasty surprise since 2 or 3 more hits and even the prankster sets will go down. Another nice upside over SF Mmy is that this set can actually eat a Sucker Punch from BAT and just blow it up with Steam Eruption, which is the strongest sheer force boosted move available factoring in Ogre's SpA stat and STAB. Check out this replay to see the power of the set. If it weren't for Leech Seed I would have lost this game.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-998909946
Why not just Improof with a PHealer like Zygarde-Complete?
Resist Sacred Fire (and immune to burn), resists Gunk Shot, and Imposter lacks Life Orb, so you really needn’t worry about having to over prepare:

252 Atk Sheer Force Beedrill-Mega Lunge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 132-156 (20.7 - 24.5%) -- possible 8HKO after Poison Heal

If they have a PH Zygarde-Complete:

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Beedrill-Mega Lunge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 172-203 (27 - 31.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal

——————

For Kyogre-Primal, Recovery moves might be better than Leech Seed.

———————

Last edited:
the beedrill set is a bit subpar after looking at some other calculations with Band, but it still does have its use. The ogre set needs every move. Leech seed lets ogre be improof; if I were to run a recovery move instead, Imposter just gets a free recover and Ogre has to switch out.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
the beedrill set is a bit subpar after looking at some other calculations with Band, but it still does have its use. The ogre set needs every move. Leech seed lets ogre be improof; if I were to run a recovery move instead, Imposter just gets a free recover and Ogre has to switch out.
My point on Zygarde-Complete was more in how easy it is to Improof while still avoiding the pitfalls of your suggested picks, which you yourself discouraged.

——————

What about Pain Split? Chansey has more HP, and would lose HP when either of you use it. Further, if you sent in something with even lower HP (even Shedinja), predicting their Pain Split, it could actually heal your Pokemon and would further hurt theirs.

Leech Seed seems too small of a healing rate, and Imposter can Leech Seed you before switching out. Pain Split is more reliable, while still limiting Imposter, but doesn’t backfire against Magic Bounce.

Otherwise, I would give your team a Magic Bouncer, and switch Kyogre-Primal to Strength Sap, so their Imposter heals your switch-in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)