Counter that Pokemon - Mk III [Silvershadow234 vs. New Breed]

Correct me if I'm wrong but ur saying that Exeggutor is bad because it can't switch in to a few attacks while samurot is great and it can switch into only piloswine. Samurot couldn't ohko escavalier, scizor can't ohko Landorus. Hitmonlee beats samurot one on one and so what if hitmonlee can't switch in because samurot only can switch into piloswine as every other poke can seriously damage it. Also extreme prediction to hp die an escavalier. It's a 50-50 and if you win that ur set to wall break. We will have 2 good players battling and I'm sure they are capable of "extreme predictions".
Stop comparing Samurott to Scizor, the only similarities they have is a STAB 40 BP priority move. I just thought I would point out some flaws that Exeggutor has as you were very good at pointing out the problems the other Pokemon have against Team 2.

No really it's not extreme prediction, if Exeggutor comes in on any Pokemon bar Escavalier it HAS to Hp Fire or Hitmonlee will sweep after Escavalier pursuit traps it, making it pretty easy for the player using Team 2 to just stay in while you over predict (even if you don't over predict and click Leaf Storm/Psychic to OHKO something Team 2 will still have the upper hand) I would rather save a slot for later that is dedicated to beating Hitmonlee and isn't so easily removed by Team 2.

if samurott had hp fire over aqua jet...

but okay is cleary the best choice Silvershadow234's Samurott

Golurk and Medicham are countered by dangerous threats(tangrowth and spiritomb) and Exeggutor is much predict games
Team one is definitely going to want the priority more than the coverage. The only thing that HP Fire would hit stronger than anything else on the set is Escavalier who still takes around 70-80% from a Hydro Pump. You are barely missing out on the OHKO, and if you sac Samurott to get that hit on Escavalier, it is still easy to revenge kill.

Anyways, voting for Silvershadow234's Samurott because it hits the opponent's team incredibly hard while also maintaining synergy with the rest of the team.

Stop comparing Samurott to Scizor, the only similarities they have is a STAB 40 BP priority move. I just thought I would point out some flaws that Exeggutor has as you were very good at pointing out the problems the other Pokemon have against Team 2.

No really it's not extreme prediction, if Exeggutor comes in on any Pokemon bar Escavalier it HAS to Hp Fire or Hitmonlee will sweep after Escavalier pursuit traps it, making it pretty easy for the player using Team 2 to just stay in while you over predict (even if you don't over predict and click Leaf Storm/Psychic to OHKO something Team 2 will still have the upper hand) I would rather save a slot for later that is dedicated to beating Hitmonlee and isn't so easily removed by Team 2.
I was comparing it to the scizor in the last ctp we had because they are almost exactly the same. Wait when are we countering team 2's hitmonlee? We have 2 picks left after this and I don't want to be forced into a hitmonlee counter. We should give our final pick as much freedom as we can and we should also probably be running a scarfer too. So this is exactly like the scizor pick as we pick a poke that does decent against the current picks but is easily walled. Then we're left with too much on the final pick (we want as much freedom as we can for our real last pick) and then we choose a poke that doesn't give us any offensive threats. Exeggutor is pursuit weak hooray and if we predict right we get a kill. Really though let's use an excuse that we can always have another check with our final poke. I forgot about pursuit though so that means Exeggutor isn't 100% perfect as if it gets a kill it dies. That makes Medicham the best pick and therefore that's who I'm going to vote for.

Megapants's Qwilfish

I like how Qwilfish can cheerfully come in on Hitmonlee and Escavalier too I guess and start throwing around Spikes and Thunder Waves, which really hurt the opposing team as it's entirely grounded. currenty we do not have a solid switchin to team 2's most threatening Pokemon, and Qwilfish provides Team 1 with that and notable passive damage.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I thought that cherub was talking about who won the votes rather than voting himself! :|

At least he chose the right one.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Megapants's Qwilfish

Team 1 totally needs a check for Hitmonlee, Qwilfish will also then have free turn for either setup Spikes or Thunder Wave an incoming check, which means that team 2 has too play Hitmonlee carefully and that is exactly what team 1 wants.

So, the next Pokemon on Team 1 is Silvershadow234's Samurott!

Hmm this is where it's gonna get tricky... anyway you can start submitting the next Pokemon for Team 1.

Spiritomb (F) @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

Spiritomb is a decent choice for Team 1 as it can check Hitmonlee by allowing it not to double it's speed and also burn it, it can also serve as a great Slowking check even in Trick Room with Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. If you feel like Slowking will switch out you can pursuit too. Spiritomb can also burn Escavalier outside of Trick Room and Piloswine also really does not appreciate the the burn.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Physically defensive Slowking does an excellent job at blocking Team 2. It fully walls both Piloswine and Hitmonlee, outspeeds and OHKOs Escavalier 75% of the time without Stealth Rock and always 2HKOs Piloswine with Stealth Rock. It can also switch into Team 2 Slowking with impunity and Toxic it, setting it on a timer. Psyshock is unneccesary for Hitmonlee as you can just spam Scald against it.

252+ Atk Fighting Gem Hitmonlee Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 127-150 (32.31 - 38.16%) -- 1.76% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 126-148 (32.06 - 37.65%) -- 0.24% chance to 3HKO

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Rotom @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Bulky Rotom does a pretty decent job of keeping team 2 in check, like Spiritomb its immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting-type Attacks, and can therefore completely block him from ever setting up a late game win condition as long as Rotom's alive. Its immune to Piloswine's Earthquake and never gets 2HKO'd by Icicle Crash, while outspeeding and burning it with Will-O-Wisp in return, it can do the same to Escavalier as well, although its a bit more shaky when Trick Room is up because Megahorn has a chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock. All while deterring Slowking from ever switching in with Thunderbolt, which gets a guarenteed 2HKO on it after Stealth Rock damage even without investment.

Haunter @ Black Sludge
252 speed 252 special attack 4 defence timid
Shadow Ball
Hidden power fighting
Subsitute
Disable

Haunter will do well on team 1 ATM as it easily sets up subs on both escavalier and hitmonlee disabling the only move they can use against him. It then can 2hko and 3hko piloswine and slowking. It's not pursuit bait as it can disable it and doesn't rely on a inaccurate move to hit escavalier either. It's actually really hard to switch into due to its decent speed and above average special attack combined with 3 immunities and completely wall/ checking the biggest threats to team 1. Piloswine can be dealt with by samurot and accelegor so it's not to much of a problem. This poke also forces team 2 to choose wisely for a scarfer as Haunter can easily disable that attack and as Haunter outspeeds all of team 2 ATM it does it's job even better.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think im gonna go with CherubAgent's Slowking this time around, it was pretty hard to choose between him and the other options, but in the end i think Regenerator gives Slowking an edge over the other submissions, making it much harder to wear down than Spiritomb, Rotom, and Haunter, and therefore a more reliable check to team 2.

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going with Molk's Rotom since it can burn all the physical attackers, can stop Hitmonlee from using it's Fighting Gem, and hit Slowking super effectively.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I'm voting Cherub Agent's Slowking

What can I say, it seems like the obvious choice. Only Escavalier can really hurt it and it's outsped and usually Ohko'd, especially if we can get some prior damage on it. Regenerator and Slack Off means that it can solo their entire team. Unless their next two pokemon are both capable of handling Slowking (And even if they are), we should be able to set up a win condition pretty easily.

NewBreed's Spiritomb It works well both in and out of Trick Room, and given that three of the four current Team 2 Pokemon are hardly useful at all when burned, Will-o-Wisp seals the deal for me. Spiritomb having no weaknesses is a bonus, so there are no real defensive synergy issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)