2. Proof of peak
3. Teambuilding Process
4. Team + Description
5. Threat list
6. Team usage tips
7. Replays
8. Conclusion and paste

1. Introduction

Hello travelers, allow me to recount to you the tale of how I conquered Ubers, a land of Pokemon generally thought of to be impossible to handle defensively. The team I created was out of frustration for my inability to not lose one of my Pokemon to the most auto K.O. buttons in the game. However this quest has taught me that what I once thought as impossible was actually more practical than I had ever originally envisioned. Join me as I recall my journey to rank #41 on the Ubers ladder, with a team handcrafted to defeat Uber's finest.

2. Proof of peak
Counter Ubers Peak.png

3. Teambuilding process

:Miraidon: :Koraidon:

Before I even considered building this team, I just slapped these two on with a choice band and choice specs. That just sounded like the easiest way to get value out of them. You need a seriously good reason to not use either of them. Any team is made significantly better with both.

Orichalcum Pulse and Hadron engine summon sun and electric terrain respectively. This also activates every paradox Pokemon's abilities passively, letting them hold items other than booster energy. I knew that I wanted to add many of them, because they are just so powerful.

:Miraidon: :Koraidon: :Flutter-Mane:

The two best Pokemon in Ubers are dragons, what's good against dragons? The fairy type! Choice scarf Flutter Mane seemed like a natural fit to outspeed and threaten both.

It was at this point that I wanted to try and find a defensive backbone that could support these 3. they had all the offense I could ever want, so I set out on an epic quest to find a core that beat all of Uber's finest.

:Miraidon: :Koraidon: :Flutter-Mane: :Iron-Treads:

I desperately needed a switch to Miraidon on this team. It seemed that every ground type I tried crumpled to its attacks. I also could not afford to have my ground type be weak to fairy, as all 3 prior mons crumple to them, so ting Lu wouldn't work. I tried Clodsire but it got shattered by even scarf draco meteors. I was about to give up looking before I thought "Hey, maybe I can give a spdef boost with quark drive to Iron Treads!". It also countered flutter mane, who I've noticed doesn't usually run mystical fire to hit it. This was an absolute godsend, and I knew that now it was possible to prep for all of Ubers, there was hope for this dream to be realized. Iron Treads additionally added stealth rock and rapid spin to the team, some much needed support I didn't have to look elsewhere for.

:Miraidon: :Koraidon: :Flutter-Mane: :Iron-Treads: :Iron-Hands:

The next pokemon I set out to counter was Iron-bundle, which terrorizes my team by out speeding everyone. I wanted a reliable switch to threaten back damage. Originally, I tried spdef Corviknight, but it took too much damage and usually bundle just fished for freeze against it. It was too passive an answer to too dangerous a Pokemon. I then realized that Iron-Hands with an assault vest actually worked brilliantly against it, being able to switch in multiple times in a game without fainting. It also combo-ed nice with Miraidon's terrain setting for an attack boost. Yet another big victory for this quest.

:Miraidon: :Koraidon: :Flutter-Mane: :Iron-Treads: :Iron-Hands: :Pelipper:

With nearly every uber covered, I had but one left staring me down, Koraidon, the most difficult of all to answer. I felt hopeless to stop it originally. I was mainly concerned that the choice band set kept using tera fire to resist all my team's moves and become completely unwallable. It seemed no Pokemon with recovery was able to take it on. But then I had a revalation! Pelipper weakens Koraidon by replacing the weather with rain, It has super-effective stab on it with hurricane, and it can heal off damage with roost. I realized that I had found the answer to my problems. Pelipper also provided a much-needed ground immunity for the team and has U-turn to boot.

With Pelipper's addition to the team I had a confident switch in against every Pokemon currently in Ubers. Even though my team is weak to certain OU Pokemon like Iron Valiant and Chien Pao, I figured that most people would probably just stick to Ubers Pokemon when teambuilding. My assumption was quite good, and while problem OU Pokemon did show up from time to time, most people stuck to the Ubers standards, which I was well prepared for. My quest was complete, so now let’s take a closer look at what each Pokemon does individually in more detail.

4. Team + Description

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch/Overheat
- Dazzling Gleam
Role / General Tips: The team’s main breaker. Miraidon is incredibly powerful with a choice specs and its stab combo of electro drift and Draco Meteor can blow up everything if you predict correctly. If their team is very weak to tera fairy dazzling gleam, do not be afraid to click that turn 1. Our team relies on getting advantage through teras and gaining one early on is often enough to win games. Try to get in Miraidon repeatedly throughout a game through U-turn or a predicted switch. With enough repeated hits even, the bulkiest defense will crumple.
Tera Type: Fairy to effectively ignore a speed tie vs. other base 135 speed dragons and ohko back. Also boosts dazzling gleam’s damage allowing you to destroy fairy weak teams
Item: Choice Specs for maximum power
Moves: Electro Drift and Draco Meteor are Obligatory stab moves. Volt switch is when you don’t want Miraidon in on the following turn, which can matter against setup sweepers like Koraidon. It also endgames very hard once their ground type is gone. Dazzling gleam is a great move in the last slot because many teams are very weak to fairy type moves in Ubers. Having a great midground move like this will ease prediction against many teams. Notably tera fairy dazzling gleam will always 2hko max spdef Ting Lu, which sometimes is a team’s only reliable check to Miraidon.
EVs & Nature: Max special attack max speed timid is best for max power and speed tie-ing other base 135s
Other Options: You can run overheat over one of the two moves at the bottom to ohko iron treads. U-turn is there but its really not worth it because Miraidon is so unwallable anyways and usually wants extra coverage.
Notable Calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 151-178 (39.3 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Fairy Miraidon Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 336-396 (65.3 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Koraidon @ Choice Band
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Collision Course/Close Combat
- Tera Blast/Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
Role / General Tips: The other main breaker of the team. Just like Miraidon, if you notice a team is very weak to tera blast fire, don’t be afraid to tera turn 1. If you decide to save tera, you can instead focus on being a great u-turn pivot to Miraidon. Koraidon needs to stay healthy in the Palafin and Houndstone matchups so you don’t get run over by them.
Tera Type: Tera Fire lets you at minimum 2hko the entire game barring Pelipper, Daschbun, and Flash-Fire mons with your fire type move of choice. It also flips the script against fairy types like Iron Valiant and Flutter Mane, letting you K.O. them back. Can also be used to check Chien Pao and Iron bundle in a pinch (pray that Iron Bundle does not Hydro Pump your nose off).
Item: Choice band for max power
Moves: I prefer the moves listed to the left rather than the moves to the right. U-turn is the only move I consider mandatory on this set to allow you to pivot out of unfavorable matchups. Next is your fighting type move of choice. I really like that Collision Course doesn’t drop your stats, as your opponent will try and play off that in the fast paced meta of Ubers. Sometimes while using Collision course I was able to stay in against fairy type attackers as I tera, because they were way more likely to click a fairy move rather than a coverage move. For the dragon move, I really don’t like Outrage, but others might like it for the crazy power. I just prefer Dragon Claw so I can switch out of fairy types after getting a kill. Lastly the fire move of choice is generally flare blitz so you don’t need to commit your tera when nuking stuff. However, I noticed that a lot of teams fell over when they realized they couldn’t just out-stall Koraidon using recoil damage. Thus, I have tera blast as my preferred option because nothing could reliably take tera blast in the sun.
EVs & Nature: Max attack max speed timid is best for max power and speed tie-ing other base 135s
Other Options: The specific moves aren’t so important so pick your favorites. You could technically replace U-turn with tera blast so you have both options for more flexibility although I haven’t tested this.
Notable Calcs:
(The power difference isn’t that noticeable between Collision Course and Close combat, the only notable difference I saw is that Collision Course fails to ohko Koraidon from full hp)
252 Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Miraidon: 336-396 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Koraidon: 297-351 (87 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Koraidon: 357-420 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against Counters:
252 Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk: 154-183 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- 87.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Koraidon Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 145-172 (44.8 - 53.2%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO (You need slight chip)

Flutter Mane @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost/Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Power Gem
Role / General Tips: General revenge killer for the team. With a choice scarf you outspeed a lot of mons expecting to simply speed tie you. Also is crucial for revenge killing a boosted Koraidon.
Tera Type: Tera Ghost to ohko opposing flutter mane and clean late game with neutral coverage. Fairy is also a good option to boost Moonblast’s power for breaking/cleaning. You can also tera fairy to avoid a sucker punch ohko from Chien Pao.
Item: Choice scarf for revenge killing
Moves: Moonblast and shadow ball for stabs. Mystical fire catches steel types like Corviknight and Iron Treads. Mystical fire also lets you revenge kill tera steel Koraidon. In the same vein, Power Gem lets you revenge kill tera fire Koraidon. Check notable calcs for ranges, but Pelipper should be able to chip it enough to put it in range.
EVs & Nature: Max special attack max speed timid is best for max power and speed tie-ing other base 135s
Other Options: Psyshock lets you deal damage to Clodsire. Thunderbolt hits Corviknight harder than any of your other moves out of sun but I wouldn’t recommend it, especially with mystical fire already getting a sun boost.
Notable Calcs:
252 SpA Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 640-756 (187.6 - 221.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Steel Koraidon in Sun: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Steel Koraidon: 170-200 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Flutter Mane Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Fire Koraidon: 180-214 (52.7 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 16 Def
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
Role / General Tips: Defensive Pivot against special attackers such as Miraidon and Flutter Mane. Keep electric terrain up as much as you can throughout the match as it will make Iron Treads significantly bulkier against any special attacker that isn’t Miraidon. Pelipper’s rain is also very useful, as it lets Iron Treads avoid the ohko from specs Miraidon’s Overheat. Make sure to recognize when you don’t need Iron Treads anymore as the threats it handles can also be dealt with offensively.
Tera Type: Fairy so that you can emergency check Koraidon and Chien Pao
Item: Leftovers let you repeatedly switch in on special attackers throughout the game, making Iron Treads much better at doing its job
Moves: Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin for support. Earthquake is the main damaging move. I have Iron Head over other options like knock off to punish greedy Pokemon like flutter Mane who tries to stay in on you.
EVs & Nature: Max hp max special defense with careful nature and 16 defense IVs is very important for this set to function. Notably it puts your special defense exactly 1 point above your physical defense. This lets you give a quark drive boost to your special defense rather than your physical defense. With this you can become an effective special wall thanks to your great typing. The last 4 evs go into speed to outspeed opposing Iron Treads using the same set.
Other Options: Knock off and Volt Switch are great moves to use over Iron Head. Volt Switch will notably ohko Pelipper as well.
Notable Calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 83-98 (21.6 - 25.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 139-165 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- 95.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 176-208 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 151-178 (39.3 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 404-476 (105.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads in Rain: 202-238 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough
- Close Combat/Earthquake
Role / General Tips: Mixed wall and bulky offensive threat. This is the team’s main check to Iron Bundle, so be careful about taking excess damage. Get electric terrain up as much as possible because with a quark drive boost in attack, Iron Hands becomes very threatening. This is the most crucial member of the team because it can live any one attack and ohko the opponent back, so determining what the opponent’s biggest threat is and removing it is critical to how this set operates. There are nearly no moves in Ubers that outright ohko you. For reference, you always live choice specs Flutter Mane’s super effective Moonblast from full health. This set is also useful when both Koraidon and Miradon have a hard time breaking, as with quark drive you do a lot of damage to everything.
Tera Type: Fairy to become an overall solid defensive type with few weaknesses. Lets you take dragon type moves from Koraidon and Miraidon and ohko back with Play Rough.
Item: Assault vest with full special defense evs allows you to tank special hits incredibly well.
Moves: Drain Punch and Close combat on the same moveset allows you to choose between getting hp back and hitting something hard. The extra coverage isn’t needed. Thunder Punch gets boosted to absurd power by quark drive and electric terrain, and is a great secondary stab move. Play Rough is for the dragons Koraidon and Miraidon. You need to either tera or have stealth rock up to ohko Miraidon from full though.
EVs & Nature: These seem weird at first but there’s a reason for that. Investing in Iron Hand’s already massive hp stat makes little difference in how much damage it takes. You get way more special defense by investing in Iron Hand’s Mediocre special defense. I am running Max attack adamant for the same reason. The attack investment grants us several critical ohkos while quark drive is active.
Other Options: Earthquake over close combat for extra coverage
Notable Calcs:
Remember that all of these calcs do not take drain punch recovery into consideration!

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Electro Drift vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands in Electric Terrain: 146-172 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands: 292-345 (65 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands: 144-169 (32 - 37.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands: 175-207 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Hands in Rain: 153-180 (34 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands: 320-380 (71.2 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Hands: 378-445 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Hands: 115-136 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Hands: 246-289 (54.7 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Iron Hands: 322-379 (71.7 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Roost
- U-turn
Role / General Tips: Our Raridon Counter. Koraidon can usually brute force through its checks with tera fire and Flare Blitz, but not Pelipper. Pelipper is also surprisingly offensively threatening, doing a lot of damage to most of the tier. Be careful when switching this in on Great Tusk and especially Iron Treads. Great Tusk can knock you off, and Iron Treads can ohko you with volt switch. Usually, Koraidon will end up using Tera against Pelipper, so be ready for this. With enough chip damage on Koraidon, you should be able to revenge kill it with scarf Flutter Mane, and if not, tera one of your Pokemon as a last resort. In a sense, even though Pelipper may not always beat Koraidon 1v1, it will almost always force crucial damage on it that allows the rest of the team to beat it.
Tera Type: Tera Fairy allows you to become resistant to all of Koraidon’s attacks and get another hit off on it. The tera needs to be timed well though, or Koraidon might just brute force it. Make sure to assess whether you can afford to not use tera, as you might just be able to revenge kill with Flutter mane anyways.
Item: Heavy Duty Boots allow you to be unbothered by stealth rocks and continue checking Koraidon
Moves: Hurricane is a general good attack. Hydro pump does a lot of damage even to resisted targets and 2hkos tera Koraidon around 78% of the time, and always ohkos if that Tera type is fire.
EVs & Nature: Max hp and Max defense Relaxed is just barely enough to consistently hang on against Koraidon’s attacks and roost off damage.
Other Options: Surf can be used over Hydro pump for accuracy, but it misses a critical 2hko on Tera Koraidon.
Notable Calcs:
Defensive:
252 Atk Choice Band Koraidon Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 145-172 (44.7 - 53%) -- 29.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Koraidon Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 108-128 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 258-304 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Offensive:
0 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 228-270 (66.8 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Fire Koraidon in Rain: 342-404 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Steel Koraidon in Rain: 171-202 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

5. Team usage tips

1. Get Miraidon and Koraidon in as much as possible.
Almost no defensive cores can handle repeated hits from their high power attacks
2. Using your tera on Miraidon in a dragon mirror is often worth. A lot of the time the opponents stay in and you are now just up a Pokemon. This is a huge advantage in a fast paced meta like ubers, also your oponents are unlikely to have anything to kill you back now. The only reason to not tera would be if you want to preserve it for a defensive reason later, which is a good idea in of itself.
3. Play defensively. The defensive backbone of the team is quite good, and the Pokemon are not passive either, getting a hurricane or close combat off is quite good considering how hard they still hit.
4. Iron Hands must be healthy. Without iron hands we get 6-0ed by Iron Bundle, so make you don't take damage carelessly with it.
5. Switch it up. Your opponent is going to be encouraged to use dragon moves on Pelliper, so make sure you throw a curveball with Flutter Mane from time to time to keep momentum.

6. Threat List

Koraidon

Koraidon is a GIGA THREAT in Ubers currently and even with the best handcrafted counters in the game, its still difficult to properly prepare for it. It really says a lot about its power that I have an entire teamslot dedicated to countering it. Choiced variants are easy to play around with this team as with the combination of Flutter Mane and Pelipper you should perma-wall it. Swords dance is much more difficult to deal with however because it can tera and live any hit from you. Generally just go for hurricane and hydro pump to try and get as much damage as possible and then revenge with Flutter Mane. If you think you can outplay by using Tera Fairy, go ahead. Things can get spicy real quickly if it starts double boosting, so getting chip damage is critical. Tera Fairy variants of SD are the scariest for this team, as you might fail to do enough damage to stop it and you can’t hit it super effectively with this team.

Chien Pao

Hard to deal with defensively because we have no ice resistance. Using Tera Fire on Koraidon is a great way to check it though. Iron Hands can also live any hit from full and ohko back.

Iron Valiant

You will probably have to predict correctly against this to avoid losing. Thankfully the rest of the team can bait fairy moves for Iron Treads to switch in. Be wary of mixed sets destroying you though. Be sure to scout with Flutter Mane.

Hazard stack in general

This team hates hazard stack in general. Teams with Ting Lu that set up multiple layers of hazards are impossible to stop if iron treads is unable to get a spin off. Do your best to keep on offensive pressure so the hazard setters don't get them up, especially toxic spikes, which this team doesn't do well against.

7. Replays
Here are a few replays I had saved.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1732942869-99stgaxqce4lf4jon8fizq5uv8j187jpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1779684489
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1779686697
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1779689880

8. Conclusion
When I began making a team for Ubers, I had no idea how powerful it would be. That being said I do not believe this team is as good as it could possibly be and I would like to hear of any crazy ideas anyone has to improve the team. I’m really enjoying this generation’s Ubers meta right now because it is very easy to team build for with its plug and play nature.

I would like to credit Pinkacross’ many RMT posts for inspiring me to write my own RMTs. After reading his RMTs I copied his format because I liked it.

https://pokepast.es/131eb8ac912db355

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)