Corthius' sprite thread

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Heya, I've been doing some pixel art stuff for a bit now and it got the point where I felt the need to post them and my progress. Note that I may not be the original artist of some parts included in my sprites.
Submissions are open, but I hate working with a deadline and I am still very new and not as talented as others on this website.
That's all for now, enjoy.

1696566853439.png
1696566994006.png
notrudolph.png
corthiusxmasw_o.png
corthiusxmas.png
me and her.png
corthiusxmas.png

munkidori-outlines.png
->
munkidori .png
->
munkidori.png

Glimmet-Outlines.png
->
Glimmet.png
->
Glimmet.png
->
Glimmet.png

Ursaluna WIP.png

Baojian.png
corthius.png

1710179018057.png
1710484861675.png
tomb.png
tomb.png

corthius.png
- toxtricity by SelenaArmorclaw
1689663658793.png
image.png

Hoopa-Unbound 80x80.png
: 80x80 Hoopa-U is here, only need a cool trainer sprite for this mhm.
image.png
: It's a bit annoying that Hoopa-U is so big, you can't really add anything cool without covering so much of it, that I found it easier making a cool looking custom with the regular Hoopa form. Very cute imo.
Impidimp-Resized.png
: Impidimp is one of my favorite Gen8 pokemon, so I resized the sprite on PS! to be a little bit smaller because he is a smol boy.
DonBozo unfinished.png
: I edited the Dondozo from KingOfThe-X-Roads. This is an unfinished DonBozo.
toxtricity 80x80.png
: It always annoys me, when one of my fav. pokemon doesn't fit within the 80x80 window for potential customs. So here is Toxtricity-Amped. Love this mon.
ToxtricityCustom.png

Rising Regigigas.png
: Regigigas arising from sand. Wanted to make a sprite with Regigigas because of UMPL, no matter if we win or not.
Groudon x McDonalds.png
: Groudon with Burgers
exploud.png
: Spexploud
Thwackey_Custom(1).png
: CB pablo
PringlesCustomJellicent.png
: Pringles & Jellicent
Deoxys-Attack+Scientist.png
: Deo-A altn. DP sprite (recolor; shading and head adjustments)
Deo-A-alt-sprite-trainer.png
: Heavily alternated Deo-A sprite
New Piskel.png
: Overworld Fly sprite
Tornadus-T.png
: Tornadus Airlines
Swolenadus.png
: Flexing Tornadus, toughest sprite so far. Really liking it tho, if I find a cool avi, this could be my next custom (after some more fine detailing. Very happy with the result tho.
Yamask-Nomask.png
: Yamask with seperate mask.
TenguYamask.png
: Tengu-Mask Yamask. Really proud and it looks dope. Fits very nicely with the awesome
1667306964730.png
Sekiro Brumirage made for me. Potentially a worthy addition to it from my end.
TenguYamask.png
: Boop beep, I made it. Very awesome. Very fitting too.
Hilbert-Unknown.png
Nate-Unknown.png
Hilda-Unknown (1).png
Rosa-Unknown.png
: Going to make more silhouettes
I am probably going to rewamp some of these as I get more skilled as I can already see some things I want to improve. Any feedback, criticism and help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1667391242887.png

So it has been a year ever since Brumirage made the very amazing Sekiro sprite for me and I don't think I will change it any time soon. I absolutely love that game and this avatar. While this avatar is amazing, I also always wanted a pokemon by my custom avatar because, obviously, this is a pokemon themed website and I love pokemon even more.
So I looked through the pokedex, tried some of my favorite mons that fit colorwise, but none really stood out to me or were fitting; none but Yamask. I didn't even had to edit it tbh; the golden mask would fit very nicely as well, but obviously if I add a pokemon to my unique avatar it should have a unique sprite as well. So I replayed some Sekiro to find characters with masks that I could use.
1667390040384.png
the corrupted monk
1667390144022.png
shikibu toshikatsu yamauchi
1667390403669.png
okami warrior
1667390468300.png
Tengu of Ashina
It's pretty clear what I sticked with, I think. I don't have a particular reason why, I just thought it would be one of the most iconic and rememberable masks from the game; the other choiced would've been the corrupted monk. This even makes sense since Yamask' dex entry always states it carries the face of a passed away person, and it so happens that the Tengu of Ashina dies in the game while we stay alive. So it fits even from the time- and storyline.
I am very happy how it turned out, maybe I'm gonna re-look into it later, but this feels pretty much finalized.

What I've also been working on were different silhouette sprites - Gen5 is my favorite gen, so those were the onces I did first. I also want to make one for even older gens. My favorite is Nate, I'm a bit unsure about the ?-placement for the others. Really fun to make in-between time.

Hilbert-Unknown.png
Nate-Unknown.png
Hilda-Unknown (1).png
Rosa-Unknown.png

I wanted to make a flexing Tornadus-I, so I did. Not finished I think, it needs some love in the chest area, but I am doing that later.
image (1).png

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Toxtricity  (2).png

I got bored and I wanted to draw with Toxtricity. Downscaled the Toxtricity to fit within the 80x80 pixel frame window and tinkered together a custom front singer of w/e band you think Toxtricity would fit to. I will probably revisit this later in the future (I am alr bothered with how the hand looks) and maybe it will be my custom for next year /shrug.

464222-667b5dc75c95d0497231e3d379a5eb20.png

I was playing for the Titans in UMPL and I was skimming the sprites of Regigigas and this was like, almost perfect for the idea I had in mind. It is supposed to look like it is raising from wherever there is sand, like a ruin or smth (I know it "lives" in the blizzard tempel but idc, turn it white and its snow). Didn't win UMPL, but it was fun to make regardless.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)