Monotype Corrosion Steel Monotype Team

First off, hello! This team was originally a fun idea a friend and I had come up with, we had created multiple versions of the team to find out what fit best. This team was created mid Sun and Moon but we immediately crossed Magearna off the list even though it was still very strong in the meta since the team needed more support roles to actually work with more synergy and complete it as a whole. Eventually after the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I decided to pick the team back up and mess around. This team is very divided in opinion between people calling me out for using such an unfun team to play against and others praising me for creating such a fun to use team. Many were asking for this team so I decided I would ladder with it and make the RMT and now here we are. I've peaked 1599 with this team (too lazy to go through more ladder matches since this team doesnt do as good as it would against any normal or generic team). https://prnt.sc/i48lx1

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Light Screen
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Bronzong is a fantastic Pokemon that i always love to see and use in the meta-game since it has a place in almost any tier it can be in. This Pokemon is your main defense for special fire and fighting attacks while still being bulky enough to risk taking ground moves from some Pokemon. In my experience playing with this Pokemon, about two thirds of players will realize this is heatproof before trying a fire move. It is always nice to keep this Pokemon somewhat healthy considering its a hard special wall to break. Without this Pokemon the team would almost automatically lose Charizard Y.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This Pokemon is such a major nuisance and fits well on this team since most people don't realize it to be such a problem that it is when taking the rest of the team into account. Aggron is basically on the team to take a hit and have the coverage to help deal with the weaknesses that the rest of the team cant in fear of something not going well whether it may be the speed or the sheer power or even the power points of the opposing Pokemon. Sturdy helps Aggron take down Pokemon even its mega form cant handle. When facing team with Air Balloon Heatran, Aggron is your safest option for breaking balloons considering it doesnt do much when against steel and fire match ups

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is a major component to this team. I chose the ou focus sash set because i immediately spotted this teams weakness to Mega Sableye and need to get rocks up or clear away hazards without defogging your own hazards since they are a large focus of your damage with this team. Excadrill helps immensely when dealing with Pokemon such as Nidoking. Excadrill is great at setting up rocks in case Bronzong has been unexpectedly taken down or you need to get rocks on the opposing field ASAP.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm/Fire Spin
- Protect

Heatran probably takes the spotlight for the most part of this team. This Heatran doesn't need to run taunt for chansey considering this team hardley every loses to normal (at least in my experiences). Magma Storm and Fire Spin could be debated since Magma Storm has much more power but it comes with 8 power points and 75% accuracy while Fire Spin has 24 power points and 85% accuracy. Substitute and Protect stall should be able to take out most of one move that could be a problem for this team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Ferrothorn does the most behind the scenes work with putting up spikes and healing a lot of the team who cant normally do so or at least do so efficiently. Spikes is greatly appreciated for breaking other stall Pokemon who wouldn't be able to be defeated otherwise. Power Whip is for obvious reasons stopping water from coming in and putting this team on the breaks.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Protect

Skarmory is the a necessity for this team, as it can take the most physical attacks of any Pokemon on this team. Toxic is needed over other normal attacks such as Brave Bird and Iron Head since it's job is to take hits and apply toxic so like Ferrothorn could allow the rest of its team can have an easier time setting up or stalling out attacks.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Light Screen
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Protect

Thanks for checking out my first RMT! Id like to thank Jahkem for being my building partner that I had mentioned earlier in the intro. One recommendation I have when using this team is to not surrender until its completely impossible for you to win, you would be surprised at what this team can get by with.​

Last edited:
Here's one thing you should consider, Won't you give Skarmory any attacks? Making that set for Skarmory easily becomes a primary target for Taunt baiting, as it won't have any attacks to deal with the taunt user thus being ripped to shreds and it can do nothing about it.

Skarmory is the a necessity for this team, as it can take the most physical attacks of any Pokemon on this team. Toxic is needed over other normal attacks such as Brave Bird and Iron Head since it's job is to take hits and apply toxic so like Ferrothorn could allow the rest of its team can have an easier time setting up or stalling out attacks.
I agree with IronGold114. Having no attacks on a skarmory is NOT a good idea, especially since it's not even a hazard setter/remover, which is skarmory's strongest role. I would recommend making it fit that role, with this set instead
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost

The 248 HP is so that you have an uneven amount of HP, which allows you to survive one more switchin to hazards when you go to deal with them. The reason I'm making this change is because, as I stated before, Skarmory's best role is as a hazard setter/remover, and when it comes down to it, excadrill is a terrible rock setter if you're going for rapid spin as well. Sure, rapid spin avoids taunt, but the main problem that you identified with hazard removal was Mega Sableye, which spin blocks you anyway and then proceeds to Will-o-wisp you. Doing this also frees up the rest of his moves to be more offensive, which in my opinion is something every stall team needs. You can still keep rapid spin, but instead of SR, use Iron head, and instead of toxic, use rock slide.

Other than that, your team looks alright, except for maybe bronzong's ability, always use levitate instead of heatproof when you already have a heatran. Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)