Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- No Retreat
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Rest

Very surprised this set hasn’t been posted yet. No retreat doesn’t trap when you’re tera’d ghost. Prankster rest with defense boosts. Still sweeps pretty easily with rage fist. I’ve seen a taunt variant which was pretty good but rest is insane for longevity vs passive teams.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Tauros-Paldea-Combat @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- No Retreat
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Rest

Very surprised this set hasn’t been posted yet. No retreat doesn’t trap when you’re tera’d ghost. Prankster rest with defense boosts. Still sweeps pretty easily with rage fist. I’ve seen a taunt variant which was pretty good but rest is insane for longevity vs passive teams.
It's been mentioned here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/convergence-om-of-the-month.3714048/post-9494805
I'm also fond of Copycat on the prankster variant.

Shed tail and Chi yu seem really stupid. I was able to hit number 1 on ladder by setting up sub and clicking tera fire on chi yu. OHKO's or 2hko's every mon. Chi yu doesnt need the sub though, just an absurd mon. Increased access to jet punch and espeed hurt, but the mon gets at least one free kill, and usually 2 or 3 if played right. Unless you use a fighting or fire type move, copp gets a free sub off, and with wish support from slow flip turners, it becomes so much easier to enable your breakers.

Shed tail and Chi yu seem really stupid. I was able to hit number 1 on ladder by setting up sub and clicking tera fire on chi yu. OHKO's or 2hko's every mon. Chi yu doesnt need the sub though, just an absurd mon. Increased access to jet punch and espeed hurt, but the mon gets at least one free kill, and usually 2 or 3 if played right. Unless you use a fighting or fire type move, copp gets a free sub off, and with wish support from slow flip turners, it becomes so much easier to enable your breakers.
same as it ever was

This meta is super gas, been having a ton of fun messing around with various HO and BO builds. One mon in particular I've really enjoyed though is this:

:Flareon:
Flareon (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick

With screens support, this mon actually goes in and can win on the spot in a lot of matchups. It's very difficult to take down in one hit, and with Stab ESpeed (Tera Normal for Dragonite vibes) you can do startling damage to any non-ghost or unaware mon. High Jump Kick is especially unexpected coverage, as it hits the ever so common Garg. Especially now that Dondozo's banned, I expect Belly Drum sets to be much more popular in the meta, and in turn the rise of answers such as Unaware Torkoal.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Want to share the team I have been spamming all month to be used like a sample, haven't go too hard on ladder with my main account but only loses were early when it wasn't a complete team

:chansey: :slither wing: :polteageist: :cinderace: :floatzel: :scizor:
https://pokepast.es/52a83ef62aa263d8
Not much to say, Extreme Speed is broken, Transform is broken, Scizor and Slither are insane wall breakers slash sweepers, Tea is quite nice too.
Floatzel could be a Barraskewda, but the extra HP let it OHKO some big walls with final gambit.

EDIT: Made it to the top 1 and added more replays

we are banning espeed this time right.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1795038257
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1795043401-6414mv694kro3pnps2ty5i5luudl87opw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1795376334
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796010230-qhkfy4iksinv83jd7hxzico2zbsus01pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796021745-kyhwtqfgbblogbyegla62xluzuws6vkpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796034818
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796049602-ede4qtlwpwnbexe3laqcln6nrx0j25epw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796073558
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1796118612

Attachments

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
This meta is super gas, been having a ton of fun messing around with various HO and BO builds. One mon in particular I've really enjoyed though is this:

:Flareon:
Flareon (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick

With screens support, this mon actually goes in and can win on the spot in a lot of matchups. It's very difficult to take down in one hit, and with Stab ESpeed (Tera Normal for Dragonite vibes) you can do startling damage to any non-ghost or unaware mon. High Jump Kick is especially unexpected coverage, as it hits the ever so common Garg. Especially now that Dondozo's banned, I expect Belly Drum sets to be much more popular in the meta, and in turn the rise of answers such as Unaware Torkoal.
Wouldn’t Arcanine be better at it? It’s a fellow pure Fire-type with better bulk and faster Speed. Higher Attack alone might not cut it unless you’ll love to spam Tera Boosted Extreme Speed.

Cinderace’s much higher Speed to make up for lower overall bulk would certainly be an alternative, too.

992-0.png
Iron Hands @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Shock
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Belly Drum

If this doesn't get iron hands banned, it definitely should be suspected. You can go tera fighting for more power or tera electric for double shock whenever. If you decide to run this with screens, it's pretty much guaranteed to set up and take a few mons with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 490436
Adamant Nature
- Double Shock
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Belly Drum

If this doesn't get iron hands banned, it definitely should be suspected. You can go tera fighting for more power or tera electric for a second double shock and typeless. If you decide to run this with screens, it's pretty much guaranteed to set up and take a few mons with it.
should probably use tera electric so you have access to electric stab consistently.

I got (basically) Top 50 with this team, and I also got three 6-0s in a row with it and I wanted to share it with you guys.
Proof:View attachment 489361

Paste: :Garganacl::Dragonite::Gastrodon::Meowscarada::Palafin::Gholdengo:
:sv/Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Garganacl is a good Special wall for this team, its moves are low bp but I find that it isn't actually that Passive. Tera Fairy is good since I havent got any good dark resists for this team.

:Sv/Dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 172 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
Honestly this mon is A+ tier in this meta, I feel like it just sits on everything and hits super hard with brave bird. It's especially useful against Contrary Lilligant and ohkos it with B.B. Ev spread is kinda goofy but I like 201 speed since it can outspeed other dnites. I like tera Flying to hit extra hard on its already powerful brave birds and it's a good last resort against setup sweepers.

:Sv/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover
I mainly had gastro in for speed boost espeon, but it's still useful for the team against the plethora of quiver sweepers running around. It's pretty frail on the physical side but the max Spdef is neccesary imo.

:Sv/Meoscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Meow meow's power hwhip is so strong, it 2hkos even medium bulk offensive resists and ohkos almost all offensive guys. CC is great against steels and is also very strong, and U-turn is awesome for keeping up momentum since grass/dark/fighting doesn't hit everything and is a good midground for 50/50s.

Palafin @ Leftovers
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water/Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jet Punch
- Close Combat
- Recover
I find it hilarious that shellos is the one that makes Palafin great for this set, but it's true. Recover makes it last forever and CC can hit really hard even against neutral grasses. Tera fighting or water both work since water helps it pick up more ohkos on faster mons but tera fighting helps against wallbreak against bulkier teams.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover
My next guest needs no introduction! He literally does not get a single thing but is still great lmao. He helps a lot against dragon types on this team even though he's supposed to be an offensive mon. Recover keeps him alive and the three other moves hit most things.
I'd like to submit this as a sample team

View attachment 490436
Adamant Nature
- Double Shock
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Belly Drum
This definitely seems good, but it is useless against anything with Volt Absorb and Tera-Ghost (or Pallosand, because that exists). Additionally, several Unaware Pokemon resist one of those two STAB moves (Clodsire, Quagsire, Skeledirge). I will admit, the existence of this monster does mean that an Electric immunity is basically required on every team, or a fast enough Pokemon to get off a hard hitting Earthquake before you get a chance to Drum. This Pokemon is just slow enough that I personally do not think it is ban-worthy. Many options can slow its offensive presence down, such as Prankster Haze/Will-o-Wisp/Strength Sap.

Do you need to make sure your team has at least one check for this Pokemon? Sure. Does that automatically make it broken? I would say no.

This definitely seems good, but it is useless against anything with Volt Absorb and Tera-Ghost (or Pallosand, because that exists). Additionally, several Unaware Pokemon resist one of those two STAB moves (Clodsire, Quagsire, Skeledirge). I will admit, the existence of this monster does mean that an Electric immunity is basically required on every team, or a fast enough Pokemon to get off a hard hitting Earthquake before you get a chance to Drum. This Pokemon is just slow enough that I personally do not think it is ban-worthy. Many options can slow its offensive presence down, such as Prankster Haze/Will-o-Wisp/Strength Sap.

Do you need to make sure your team has at least one check for this Pokemon? Sure. Does that automatically make it broken? I would say no.

You make some good points for sure. As I get higher in ladder I see some more counterplay. I do think this set makes iron hand at least worthy of suspect because it's so easy to pilot. It hits pretty hard without the boosts too. I've played plenty of OMs before and this feels up there with the most broken stuff I've used before. Also with dark types being absolutely nuts in this gen, prankster feels like less of an answer and more of a crutch. Allowing chi yu or chien pao in for free to wallbreak is also really scary.

Wouldn’t Arcanine be better at it? It’s a fellow pure Fire-type with better bulk and faster Speed. Higher Attack alone might not cut it unless you’ll love to spam Tera Boosted Extreme Speed.

Cinderace’s much higher Speed to make up for lower overall bulk would certainly be an alternative, too.
The point of the set is to have the highest attack possible, bulk doesn't matter that much since it's setting up behind screens anyway, and speed doesn't matter since Flareon is faster than all the bulky stuff anyway, and the extra attack makes up the difference against the mid-speed bulkier mons and fast mons.

I think Arcanine certainly has a place don't get me wrong, but I think the extra attack from Flareon in the build I'm using it in is justified.

By now most of us are familiar with prankster rage fist hariyama, with good reason. However, that set is absolute trash because of a Far Superior(tm) set. Let me introduce you to Big Cheese.

:sv/hariyama:
Big Cheese (Hariyama) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Whirlwind
- Circle Throw

He will laugh you out the building in his sleep before you even have the chance to say anything to his face. The plan: get hazards up, take some damage so you can click rest, repeat [sleep talk > sleep talk > rest]. This set is cheese in every sense of the word, as it has a whole lot of asterisks behind the phrase 'It just works'*,**,***,****,*****.
* = 66.7% of the time
** = if you don't run into a dark type
*** = or pull circle throw on a ghost type
**** = and manage to get and keep hazards up vs scream tail, rapid spin etc.
***** = and don't get outdamaged by priority.

It's just phasing on DMT. Not very reliable, but very funny.

guts is better to be honest. the status absorbing is really invaluable
tera fire provides the immunity if needed. and can even be free setup if they identify that its not guts and try to burn it. depends how much u need it to switch into wisps tho, and obviously the immediate power from guts is amazing too and can easily be enough damage a lot of the time.

moxie ive been liking just cuz if it nabs a revenge kill it can kinda runaway with things at +1 with lorb. can more flexibly break or sweep rather than going all in on one or the other with the guts/scarf sets.

1676046387682.png

Finally broke 1500 on ladder and want to give my two cents on a part of the meta that i think is pretty unhealthy

:sv/tauros-paldea:
Tauros-Paldea-Combat @ Leftovers / Flame Orb / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate / Prankster / Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- No Retreat / Bulk Up / Sleep Talk
- U-turn / Rest / Taunt / Facade

Yeah no this thing is too flexible, what counters one set could be completely get deleted by a different one, this isn't even limited to paldean Tauros although thats what i've seen the most of. This thing punishes you just for hitting it, better bring an unaware mon and also make sure not too hit this too much or it'll just blow past it. Rage fist is just too good of a move.

On another note
:sv/glaceon:
Glaceon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Been trying out this set as a sort of check to a chipped down or tera'd Paldean Tauros, tera ghost on the drain punch and profit. Only worked a couple times but its still funny

:sv/glaceon:
Glaceon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Been trying out this set as a sort of check to a chipped down or tera'd Paldean Tauros, tera ghost on the drain punch and profit. Only worked a couple times but its still funny
I'd recommend Focus Blast :beartic: because:

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Glaceon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 309-367 (43.8 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Glaceon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 374-442 (92.5 - 109.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Here's another team I've been messing around with: https://pokepast.es/36ae7020d86e1662
:brute bonnet::clodsire::corviknight::cinderace::scizor::greninja:
Three of the mons don't get anything but I find they both fulfill their roles extremely effectively. Clodsire is a great defense against qd setup sweepers and iron hands, and I find that if you play confidently you can trick people into thinking your water absorb lmao. Gren has such good coverage already that it doesn't really need anything else and protean lets it hit everything hard. If you really wanted you could run arcanine instead of ace but the speed really helps against faster mons. Extreme speed is nice for revenge killing because there is no scarfer on this team and bullet punch isn't strong enough to pick off resists. The biggest weakness imo is drought ace or other strong physical fire types so there's tera water corv for that.
Here's a fun replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1797330675-7lphc7userc9svinu7yqimfmygm10gdpw

Last edited:
I share my equipment that I have been using in ladder lately. https://pokepast.es/c9cae850b77d355f
The truth has had few changes (only Salamence changed with Gothitelle). In general I think this is the most dishonest pokemon team I've ever created Lol. It's too good, but unfortunately it has weaknesses.
Arcanine: Belly Drum + Extreme Speed go brr. Now that Dondozo has been banned, you must use another unaware user to defeat him, or you are in trouble. Also banded cinderace extreme speed can stop it.
Tsareena: It is the only answer to passive teams or stalls. If you don't have haze, you're in trouble, or at least a strong bug pokemon.
Tauros-Paldea-Combat: Annihilape 2.0, not much to talk about. Weaken Encore users with priority.
Spiritomb: The team's support pokemon, and from which without their help this team would be destroyed. Place screens and also press with Encore + Foul Play.
Copperajah: Shed Tail
Salamence: I don't know another pokemon too dishonest, and the most I thought was Extreme Speed with moxie. Very predictable, but effective.

Weaknesses: Toxic Spikes or any pokemon stall that has haze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)