Other Metagames [Convergence] Peak #1 - Goodra's Infinite Damage

Hi!

This time i'm sharing this Convergence team i made while laddering this month in the OMOTM ladder, while tera wasn't banned, this team managed to get Top 1, 2 and 3 with this team and different alts. Even after tera ban, i've been able to maintain the top with it, but it has been a bit harder as Goodra now OHKO less mons haha...

So this team is based on goodra, a big wallbreaker with access to Dragon's Maw and many pivots that will allow you to switch in goodra many times without risk.

Top proofs: Nick -> GodKmi

1698315465920.png

The full importable can be found here: https://pokepast.es/081ed4f984ac45a6

Ok, so, now let's get into the matter:

1. Goodra
First, let's talk about our king... GOODRA!
1698315823104.png

Infinite HP (Goodra) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake / Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off

This is a real monster, you should never, ever underestimate its damage,it can OHKO almost anything that is not specially defensive and 2HKO almost everything that is.

Her biggest weakness are of course, fairy types. So i originally ran Sludge Bomb.
As Fezandipiti is very common recently, i decided to add Earthquake and knock off to punish the switch in.

Anyway, almost every fairy type in the game has a bad matchup against our Fezandipiti, so if your Dragon Energy gets blocked by a fairy, you can easily switch to fez and recover the momentum.
Once the opponent fairy is dead, you should press as much as you can, flip-turning and u-turning to let this beast sweep.
Here are some examples of her power:

1. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1966812256 -> Turn 1
2. (Skip to turn 19) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1966863679 -> Late game sweep
3. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1965692856 -> Turn 1, No Fairy = Death Sentence
4. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1965685013-q68cf25m2w0oolgwmpdrimfaa9h7no4pw -> 1. No Fairy = Death Sentence

When the tera was allowed, i actually thought this thing needed to be banned. Now i think its just ok.

2. Fezandipiti
1698316968165.png

U've no power here (Fezandipiti) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog / Play Rough

Fezandipiti makes good sinergy with Goodra, as it can disable almost any fairy in the meta. Its access to Neutralizing Gas allows you to:

1. Poison Magic Bounce Mons (Scream Tail, im looking at you :))
2. Defog in Presence of Gholdengo
3. Press regenerators like toxapex, vaporeon, milotic, Garganacle, etc... So they can't just switch and recover
4. Wall Guts pokemon like Slither Wing
5. Press Toxic Orb mons like Landorus
6. Disable Contrary mons like Shaymin / Ogerpon

And much more... It's a great pivot and in each battle will have its own utility, its the 2nd precious gem of the team

3. Florges

1698317394321.png

OHKO? (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower / Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Florges is my amulet against boosters, there is no so much to talk here, it already has a lot of spdef, so i invested everything in def.
Calm Mind is very good against special boosters as normally you will get the chance to boost once or twice before they notice you are Unaware.
Anyway, after losing two battles against scizor, i decided to put Flamethrower on it. As i can't allow myself to have a hard counter. But in most situations, Calm mind is more useful. Here i drop a nice replay where Florger shines: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9convergence-1965703139-hnsakpr5b0ezjelqe2muz9ak18i9jkfpw

4. Umbreon

1698317633398.png

Was that a hit? (Umbreon) @ Rocky Helmet / Dark Plate
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Moonlight / Wish
- Counter / Protect
- Knock Off / Parting Shot

I need to be honest with this, i still can't find which set is better, wish parting shot is good to recover other mons, but knock-off is so useful in many situations. Counter is an addition that i put to counter fighting pokemons that don't die with a single Foul Play after Swords Dance and can't be counted by Florges (Ejem, ejem, okidogi). Dark Plate and Tera Type Dark was the first set, and allowed him to hit HARD with foul play. But at the end Rocky Helmet set was necessary due to the amount of population bomb in the meta.

Its the best physical wall i've find in the meta. Its so hard to break, so hard to kill, i love it. Just beware of Scizor pin missile after a SD, sometimes it can't resist it.

5. Vaporeon
1698317885146.png

Paper Wishes (Vaporeon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Flip Turn
- Wish
- Yawn / Soak / Take Heart / Protect

Vaporeon is my team's healer, spinner, scouter, pivot and status absorber, all in one haha.
1. Flip Turn to heal
2. Rapid Spin + Soak to remove rocks even from ghosts, soak can also deny the STAB of some booster sweepers that can be problematic against florges (Very situational), now with Fez having defog, i dont need soak anymore so i replaced it with Yawn, so i can force a switch and recover momentum with flip turn.
3. You can use it to scout the opponent as it is hard to OHKO either from physical / special attackers. Then switchin to the actual counter.

6. Landorus-T
1698318188540.png

Filling a spot tbh (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This is my rock setup, and yes, another pivot. To be honest, im not sure if this is the best mon for this team, but it has been working pretty well and i haven't think anything else on this spot. Its a good pivot, a good setup, and a decent mon overall. I can't say i sweep a lot with him but i can recover momentums, and press some Fezandipities and then u-turn and you know.

Any suggestions here are welcome ^^^^^

And this is the team! Feel free to use it, or if u feel brave, go to ladder with it!

Other RMTs:
1. [National Dex] PEAK #1 - Arbok's Vengeance
2. [Gen 7 OU] PEAK #1 - ToxaBand Revolution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)