Denied Competitive Tutoring For Real Life Scenarios (Withdrawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea for a mock advice column. Hope you like it.

Competitive Tutoring For Real Life Scenarios

Hi Advice Grip! I’ve been having issues with my mother lately. She says I play too much on the computer and she’s always looking down on me. She says she wants me to do something productive, but when I try to show her the work I do on my computer she refuses to listen to me. She just yells at me instead. It’s very confusing! I don’t know what to do. Please help!!

Sincerely,
Pare A. Sawks

Well Pare, it sounds like she may be using some sort of status move to confuse you. I suggest taunting her with something along the lines of “Mother, you’re ancient. People make money using the computer now. Just look at Bill Gates!” That should prevent her from spouting the confusing chatter.

Good luck,
Advice Grip

Hey there again! Thanks for your response Advice Grip. However, I’m not too sure that your recommendation would work well. She’d probably hit me and bash my computer in if I said that to her xD Isn’t there anything else I could try? I wouldn’t want to anger her.

Thanks again,
Pare A. Sawks

Ah, it sounds like your mother may have Anger Point. Don’t worry, as taunting her won’t set it off. It seems to me that your mother is Reckless, so I suggest using Protect to scout out her next move after the Taunt. If you’re lucky, she may try a Hi Jump Kick and cause recoil damage. At that point you should be able to use Wish and Protect again to avoid another mishap. Stall until she tires herself out and you’ll be fine.

Wishing you the best,
Advice Grip

Hello Advice Grip. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me yet again. I’m not entirely sure your advice is viable at this point. You’re asking me to do all kinds of things that’ll most likely get me grounded for eternity. Even if I defended myself, she’d just hit me several times more so she doesn’t miss rofl. If you have any advice that doesn’t involve being sassy to my mother I can definitely try it. Sorry if I’m being annoying! Thanks for all of your help.

Hesitant to read your next response,
Pare A. Sawks

Hi Pare! No worries, as you’re not being annoying. Many people are still getting the hang of stalling, so I understand your hesitation to try out these strategies. It sounds like your mother may be outspeeding you. If that’s the case, I highly recommend switching into a defensive wall and enduring the attack. Also, there’s no need to be Sassy, as it’s your Defense that you’ll want to increase. You should stay Relaxed, because she’s going to outspeed you regardless. As for the worry of being grounded, you could always use Magnet Rise. However, since you’re not faster than her, I would simply suggest switching into a Flying-type. A lot of recoil moves boosted by Reckless are Fighting-type, which are easily withstood by Flying-type allies. I suggest Gliscor, since it’s highly likely that your mother will use Smack Down after taunting her. Your mother also appears to be a Toxic person, so Gliscor can benefit from Poison Heal as well. I hope that helps! All in all, even if it means being in the red, you should be able to live through this match.

Best of luck in your Endeavor,
Advice Grip

Thanks for your recent response Advice Grip. I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re an idiot.

-Pare A. Sawks

Inspired by a Skype conversation between members of Pokémon Showdown.

Last edited:

scene

Banned deucer.
Hmm, the idea is sound enough but the writing style right now is a little cringey and kind of a chore to read. I'd also be inclined to say it's more suited to The Smog, but I'm not completely against including it. My suggestion would be to decide whether you can make this work with a little less mon-focused humour and more satire perhaps, and if you decide you can talking to some Competitive Tutoring guys wouldn't be a bad idea either to get ideas. This is a tough piece to write well, so don't be downbeat. Th!nkPi

It's a spur-of-the-moment piece I wrote, heavily based on a conversation on Skype, so I'm not entirely sure how to expand this piece to be honest. I'd be down with just disapproving it and adding it to the Writing Room cloud drive if it's not up to par anyway. The formatting would need to be reworked to make it easier to read, and artwork would help, but if it's still cringe-worthy you can drop the idea. This one was more for fun than it was a serious piece from me, and I admittedly don't have an idea of what distinguishes The Player from The Smog, so I don't have an understanding of what kinds of humor or Entertainment submissions would be preferable for The Player.

Thanks for the feedback in any case Scene. If come up with or hear anything that may improve this idea I'll let you know.

I don't think I can make it less cringey, so I'm just going to withdraw the piece and add it to the Writing room cloud drive. Thanks for the chance anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)