Other Competitive Breeding.

I have a question, If I was to have a male Luxio with perfect IV in Speed and gave it a Power Anklet, and had a female Luxio with perfect IV in Special Defence a Power Band, putting them together would produce a baby with perfect 31 IV's in Speed and Special Defence right? Well I tried this and got a baby with the best IVs being speed at 28 and it gave me a 26 Special attack, weird right? I used multiple IV calculators to ensure I didnt get the wrong IV and no, they were right.

I believe you would get a better response if you posted this in a simple questions thread. Usually you only post a new thread if you want to start a discussion about something, not just to ask a relatively short question. Welcome to Smogon, by the way!

this would go in the sqsa thread bt to answer your question power items only work if 1 parent is holding it, if both, neither of the ivs are passed down. To my knowlege at least

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I have a question, If I was to have a male Luxio with perfect IV in Speed and gave it a Power Anklet, and had a female Luxio with perfect IV in Special Defence a Power Band, putting them together would produce a baby with perfect 31 IV's in Speed and Special Defence right? Well I tried this and got a baby with the best IVs being speed at 28 and it gave me a 26 Special attack, weird right? I used multiple IV calculators to ensure I didnt get the wrong IV and no, they were right.
This belongs in the WiFI SQSA, but you are wrong. You can only give one Power item to one parent. If you give both parents power items, then either the speed OR the special defense would pass down (50% chance). Also, special attack is completely random if you didn't have a power item specific to it, destiny knot, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)