Classic Megaman: At a glance

What about the megas?
I love the Megas... Metal Dance has been stuck in my head for days.

"Welcome to my level, my name is metal man..."

Anyhow, I'm currently questing through Classic 1 - 9. 1 is a pain... Ice man is hard mainly because of the shooting platform segment. Wily was a pain cause Fire man always wrecks me, and Ice man and Guts finish me. Cyclops wasn't hard. Just a pattern, but Fire man has none.

Mega man 2 is much more tolerable... And epic...er. Also stars my favourite (Well, second favourite now) Robot master in Air man. Easily an outstanding game.

That's as far as I am now. Started on Saturday and I can only play weekends. However, I did beat 9 recently. Tornado man overtook Air man as my top Robot master. 9 is just... amazing. All the weapons, for the most part, can be used (I've even fit Plug ball into my arsenal at times).

gonna download some roms and see what I've been missing all these years :3

just downloaded mm3 and ready to roll capton

Yeah Stoo play mm3 it's awesome, i love that game. Since people look for the roms i also recommend you play the Game Boy ones, there are 5 of them and they are nice as well, of course being from Game Boy and all they may be a bit different but still pretty enjoyable.

the opening music for mm3 is amazing, also the game overall is pretty hard, i've yet to beat a master, though maybe im just not used to using the keyboard for games yet :/
(well, platformers that require timing anyway)

edit: oh my fucking god what the fuck is hard mans stage
a.) hard man looks retarded
b.) fuckin bees make my emulator soooo sloooow and flashing
c.) how the fucking fuck do you kill them i cant clear the first screen without taking half my energy bar

fuck

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
You don't kill them, you scroll them away...
i.e. when the big bee's about to drop its hive of bees, retreat until it's no longer in view. Go back and it's gone, and won't appear again until you scroll away and return to the respawning point.

Right now, I'm trying to see if I can beat the classic games using only one hand. Some bosses that were previously a joke become really annoying if you handicap yourself like this.

And yes, MM3 opening is very cool. Actually, I like most of the classic soundtrack. MM4 and 6 weren't as memorable, but had some decent ones that stuck (Dive Man, Pharoah Man, Plant Man, Tomahawk Man, Flame Man, Ring Man, Final bosses)

Y MM4 and 6 weren't as memorable, but had some decent ones that stuck (Dive Man, Pharoah Man, Plant Man, Tomahawk Man, Flame Man, Ring Man, Final bosses)
Oh fuck yeah, Skull Man, Wily's first stage and Dr. Cossack third on MM4 have some awesome tracks, there is no Mega Man (classic or X) with shitty music.

are the phone versions any good?
I got Megaman 3 for my phone recently and it's pretty good. They included auto-save (good) but you can't restart the game (dumb) but you can obviously still replay the levels.

I don't know what kind of phone you have though, your experience may vary!

I personally never played the original MM but do remeber playing MMX way back when like when i was 4 best game ever.

nah, this guy only did 2 & 3, and this is the best one, but hes inspired several others from what i see

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The only Megaman game I ever played was Megaman X... and that game fucking rocked. I've played the whole thing through probably 15 times... losing to the final boss each and every time. I probably should have looked up his "weakness", but I wanted to do it on my own! Huge megaman fan here!

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Hey, sorry to bump but I would really like to know what you thought of megaman 7-9.

There was a terrible Mega Man game released for PC at the end of 1989. I owned this and therefore have fond memories, even if they're fond memories of a sucky game.

Putting in another vote for the X series, with the first entry being the best. Possibly even as good as MM2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)