Approved Choiced Choice Scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What really wins me over for this concept is srk's well thought-out questions. I encourage those who have frowned upon this concept before to go re-read them. This concept is about speed tiers, the viability of only using one item, and many other ticklish topics. I particularly love the question about how will opponents respond knowing a Pokemon's primary set. I think back on Genesect when it was unbanned in BW OU and the Choice Scarf set was rampant (much more so than RP). You knew it was going to come in and pivot / hit SE, but it still made an impact on the game (to the point of being banned). There is a lot to discuss here at every stage of the CAP Process, so I'm going to go ahead and approve.

That being said, I'd like to change the title of this concept. The "Scarf Is Not Dead" title, while clever, gives the wrong message. Nothing about this concept is really about proving that Choice Scarf is dead in OU. Rather, it's about balancing a Pokemon that uses a sole item to great effect to mess with speed tiers. Unless we get a better name, I'd change the title to Choiced Choice Scarf to reflect the idea that we're making a Pokemon that largely prefers Choice Scarf.

APPROVED 1/2

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
yeah I like choice choiced scarf and otherwise agree with birkal. Sure, I think we have a lot of scarfers already, but there's also a lot we can discuss about speed tiers/etc so I'm pretty won over here.

APPROVED 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)