Choice Specs Dragapult+Banded Scizor and Kingambit BO

Hi all! I'm back again with a bulky offense team that I have been building. It has been playing quite smoothly on the ladder. It centers around using Kingambit as a win-condition and wearing down kingambit's checks and counters to set up for a sweep.
Here's the link to the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/efa1ec1987fb3da9

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
This is my kingambit set currently. Tera fighting is a good defensive tera typing while also boosting low kick's damage. I run iron head, low kick and sucker punch for good coverage of the current meta. Iron head hits fairy types and low kick hits other kingambit for massive damage. I have a cute tech here: 4 EVs in speed. This is for other kingambit with a similar set but possibly have invested the 4 EVs elsewhere, like in defense or special defense.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Dragapult is a decent wallbreaker and although it has less power than things like walking wake and kyurem it provides much-needed speed control on the team since sucker punch and bullet punch really aren't enough. It can also pivot around with a fast U-turn and Shadow Ball is really spammable right now. Flamethrower 2HKOes physically defensive corv and overall Dragapult is a welcome member of the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor is very good as a blanket check and switch-in to the strong fairy types of the tier. Banded Technician-boosted bullet punch guarantees the OHKO on Iron Valiant which is extremely strong as this team is otherwise quite weak to valiant. Scizor just overall offers fantastic role compression as it deals with fairy types, brings strong priority and thus speed control, is a u-turn user and thus offensive pivot, and also can force progress with knock off. It complements kyurem very well. Not to mention that it can serve as a secondary win condition with bullet punch.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rounding off our three-pokemon core, this Rotom is designed to be able to take on strong special attacks that are commonly thrown at scizor, kingambit and kyurem. It easily switches into things like moonblast and flamethrower, force switches, gains momentum and brings in our strong wallbreakers with volt switch, threaten ground types with hydro pump, spreads status, and even recover health and deal damage at the same time with pain split. Overall it is very good at holding the team together by pivoting, tanking special hits, and also having decent coverage of the meta with hydro pump hitting ground and fire types and physical attackers hating will-o-wisp. Having levitate doesn't hurt too.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
Ting-lu is a great lead for bulky offense as it has whirlwind to prevent setup, is very bulky all around, and can set spikes as well as hitting for decent damage with Ruination, softening up mons for a sweep later. It also is good in the BO mirror to block volt switches and can come back later in the game to continuously check dangerous sweepers.

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk is an offensive spinner on our team since BO is going to be switching out a lot. This means it holds an important role in our team. It is great at forcing switches and using rapid spin, and can provude utility with knock off. It also provides decent wallbreaking power with headlong rush. Ice spinner deals with gliscor for our team, and gives good coverage.

Overall, your strategy is going to be identifying your opponent's checks and counters to kingambit and scizor. Then, you decide if you are going to try to attempt a sweep with scizor or kingambit. Then, devise a plan of how you are going to weaken your opponent's checks to kingambit or scizor. Kyurem is good for flying types and ground types, rotom for ground and fire types and also pivoting, and scizor for fairys. Weaken your opponent's checks by pivoting your wallbreakers in with rotom and smart double switches to wear down or remove your opponent's checks and counters to scizor or kingambit. Then, simply sweep. Good luck and happy testing!

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Scizor's Bug Tera Type should be changed to Steel as Bug doesn't really help Scizor do anything except for boosting U-turn, but Steel boosts Bullet Punch, which you will mostly be using since you're using CB.

Scizor's Bug Tera Type should be changed to Steel as Bug doesn't really help Scizor do anything except for boosting U-turn, but Steel boosts Bullet Punch, which you will mostly be using since you're using CB.
Okay thanks I changed that. I'm also switching the kyurem to a dragapult for speed control after getting feedback from pinkacross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)