SV OU Choice Scarf Iron Moth + Choice Specs Iron Valiant Team

https://pokepast.es/1cf81e2b2aa85712

This was a team that i used very often and i want to see how good it was and what i should change in this team.
corviknight.png

First of there's Corviknight,It acts as a Defensive Pivot with U-Turn so Iron Moth and Iron Valiant could get in safely.My Corviknight was Specially Defensive so that it could take on Gholdengo(one of my team weakness) while taking Walking Wake stab quite good.
iron-valiant.png

Iron Valiant acts as the main wallbreaker for the team with Choice Specs Moonblast doing huge damage to even resist.Iron Valiant can easily break through the opponents team if they didn't have a specific counter to tank Specs Moonblast like Clodsire and Amoonguss who take huge damage from Psyshock
dondozo.png

Dondozo can checks setup sweeper like Volcarona,Kingambit,Roaring Moon,Quaquaval and Dragonite.If Dondozo was in KO range for them,it could Yawn to put them to sleep and then possibly finishes them off with my remaining mon.Dondozo could be a dead weight if it was forced to heal and be put to sleep with Rest.
iron-moth.png

Now my Iron Moth definitely gonna surprised most of my opponent.No one expect Iron Moth to be an Offensive Pivot,heck some of them didn't even know Iron Moth learn U-Turn.Scarf Moth could outspeed and do big damage with or without tera to Non Scarf Meowscarada,Dragapult,Greninja,Iron Valiant,Scarf Gholdengo and Roaring Moon.Honestly i didn't know if Scarf was worth using over HDB but i have 2 hazards remover so... maybe it could work.
great-tusk.png

Great Tusk was an all around good mon that i couldn't pass on.Good typing,good offense and bulk,Utility moves like Rapid Spin and Knock Off, and it could beat Non Scarf Gholdengo.It can also beat Glimmora Lead with Gholdengo in a HO team if the Glimmora doesn't have Energy Ball.
amoonguss.png

Before i have Amoonguss in this slot,i use other mon like Ting Lu,Clodsire,Gholdengo and maybe i would change Amoonguss for other mons in the future.Anyway Amoonguss can scares away Great Tusk so that Corviknight didn't have to handle it,and it's always nice to put your opponent to sleep with Spore

Last edited:
For reference, you say your corv can take on special attacks well but calcs say otherwise...

252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight in Sun: 448-528 (112.2 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you want a mon to take on walking wake and gholdengo try clodsire which walls both of them pretty significantly. I can post a set if you want.

Pivot corv is nice, but defensive corv will prove to be better in the long run, especially with something like rocky helmet for chip. And if you have defensive dozo (252hp, 252def), spdef clod (252hp, 252spdef) would pair nicely. Because, again, you will probably fair better running hp and def on dozo than def and spdef. And unaware dozo + water absorb clod is a great pair. Even if you also have a def amoongus with rocky helmet for chip.

Youre attacking mons are solid, though. But be careful, It looks like you have a weakness to psychic/ fairy.

For reference, you say your corv can take on special attacks well but calcs say otherwise...

252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight in Sun: 448-528 (112.2 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you want a mon to take on walking wake and gholdengo try clodsire which walls both of them pretty significantly. I can post a set if you want.

Pivot corv is nice, but defensive corv will prove to be better in the long run, especially with something like rocky helmet for chip. And if you have defensive dozo (252hp, 252def), spdef clod (252hp, 252spdef) would pair nicely. Because, again, you will probably fair better running hp and def on dozo than def and spdef. And unaware dozo + water absorb clod is a great pair. Even if you also have a def amoongus with rocky helmet for chip.

Youre attacking mons are solid, though. But be careful, It looks like you have a weakness to psychic/ fairy.
How about i change my Amoonguss to Clodsire and make Dondozo and Corviknight to a Physically Defensive set?.The reason i use Amoonguss is because it can check Great Tusk while my Specially Defensive Corviknight can't.But you said my Corviknight can't take on special attack,If i change my Amoonguss to Clodsire it can also minimize the Psychic/Fairy weakness

How about i change my Amoonguss to Clodsire and make Dondozo and Corviknight to a Physically Defensive set?.The reason i use Amoonguss is because it can check Great Tusk while my Specially Defensive Corviknight can't.But you said my Corviknight can't take on special attack,If i change my Amoonguss to Clodsire it can also minimize the Psychic/Fairy weakness
Its all up to you, homeslice. As you get higher and higher in the rankings you start to see dozo less and less so keep that in mind. Also, as you get higher in the rankings, its not a bad idea to change your team accordingly.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hey i'm writing this pretty quick since im short on time but let me run down some stuff

:dondozo: -> :slowking:

on bulky offense team dozo is pretty hard to justify as it doesnt garner a lot of momentum. i'm changing the dozo to slowking to improve the wake mu while keeping the defensive water pivot. slowking has access to future sight and chilly reception which can help beat fatter teams alongside some changes i am making. being able to pivot into a lot of the special threats in the tier is incredibly helpful for your team as corv simply does not get the job done. spoiler by the way but slowking pairs really well with physdef corv which gives you some improved defensive synergy.

:amoonguss: -> :kingambit:

the team needs some more hitters while amoonguss kinda overlaps some of your other mons defensively so this is a relatively no brainer of a change. I decided to put gambit in this slot to also act as a pseudo ghost switch in a similar vein to what amoonguss was doing. i settled on putting tera fire gambit on this team to additionally act as a volcarona and valiant check. I put evs in speed as well so you can outspeed dirge so you don't get run over by it late game.

:iron-moth: :choice-scarf: -> :choice-specs:

i personally think scarf moth is pretty poor due to it not really beating much anyway. while we couldve gone boots tspikes, i decided to keep in spirit of the teams additional vision so I made it specs, which is a relatively underrated set. theres not much else to explain about specs moth, it just hits hard lol.

:iron-valiant: :choice-specs: -> physical booster energy

team is a bit weak to volcarona even with slowking + fire gambit so I added tera water valiant. physical valiant is incredibly scary late game and should typically be coming in after gambit and moth do most of the heavy lifting. Tera Water resists fire moves from volc while being able to hit all variants of volcarona including the ever scary tera ground. you can beat just about every mon in the tier outside of pex and amoong but well timed sds can still beat these two.

:corviknight: spdef -> physdef bu

i knew i was adding slowking so there was realistically no reason for spdef. I didnt want to remove corv as it gives you a ground immune and another steel because gambit can kind of be a fake steel sometimes. I made it physdef bu to help deal with opposing gambits, dnites, great tusk, physical valiants and other physical mons you might run across. Bulk Up brave bird can also chip scarf gholdengo which is always nice. corv is just here to patch some defensive holes while being able to actually pivot on stuff and threaten mons out with BU. tera dark resists kowtow as thats the only move that will be threatening from gambit.

:great-tusk: boots offensive -> defensive rocks

worlds most generic tusk set. i knew i wanted to be defensive because tusk is the most reliable removal in the tier and having removal really benefits the moth + gambit core. the team did not have rocks either so i put them on tusk. there's not really much to explain about tusk because its tusk but the defensive just fits better on this particular rate to provide removal + rocks and to be a general failsafe in some mus like tusk tends to do.

sorry this rate seems kind of rushed but hopefully some of these suggestions help. pm me if you have any questions or run into any threats

:iron-valiant::kingambit::iron-moth::great-tusk::corviknight::slowking:
https://pokepast.es/78809d6abafa3a26

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)