Doubles Chi-Yu

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
:sv/chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Snarl

Chi-Yu sears the competition in Doubles OU! Great Special Attack, Beads of Ruin, and Choice Specs ensure Chi-Yu threatens heavy damage on practically the entire tier, aided by a strong matchup into meta threats like Gholdengo and Amoonguss. Beads of Ruin also massively benefits Chi-Yu's offensive teammates, such as Iron Bundle and Sylveon, which help form an offensive core that brute-forces past many teams. Snarl negates the relative frailty of these teammates, which Beads of Ruin exacerbates. Chi-Yu is incredibly physically frail, struggling to take even resisted hits and falling to priority from common threats like Dragonite and Palafin. As such, redirection and priority-negating support from allies like Indeedee-F, Farigiraf, and Amoonguss is recommended. Chi-Yu also suffers from a poor defensive typing, leaving it weak to common spread moves like Earthquake and Rock Slide. For these reasons, Speed control from the likes of Murkrow and Iron Bundle is useful.

Last edited:

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
no I didn't forget this, been a while since I checked a spotlight so hopefully im not rusty

• I wouldn't mention each move individually because it sounds more like an analysis rather than a spotlight on the mon. I would really place a strong emphasis on how hard it hits and still makes its teammates (Iron Bundle and Sylveon are the two common partners) even stronger with it.
  • You don't mention priority at all, when both dragonite espeed and palafin jet punch destroy it, which is another reason to use Indeedee-F (also Farigiraf to a lesser extent)
ping or w.e when you implement (think you'll be able to handle this v easily and just wanna check over it again for safe measure)

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
no I didn't forget this, been a while since I checked a spotlight so hopefully im not rusty

• I wouldn't mention each move individually because it sounds more like an analysis rather than a spotlight on the mon. I would really place a strong emphasis on how hard it hits and still makes its teammates (Iron Bundle and Sylveon are the two common partners) even stronger with it.
  • You don't mention priority at all, when both dragonite espeed and palafin jet punch destroy it, which is another reason to use Indeedee-F (also Farigiraf to a lesser extent)
ping or w.e when you implement (think you'll be able to handle this v easily and just wanna check over it again for safe measure)
made some changes, snarl still mentioned but can also be dropped if desired

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
GP 1/1

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Snarl

Chi-Yu sears the competition in Doubles OU! Great Special Attack, Beads of Ruin, and Choice Specs ensure Chi-Yu threatens heavy damage on practically the entire tier, aided by a strong matchup into meta threats like Gholdengo and Amoonguss. Beads of Ruin also massively benefits Chi-Yu's offensive teammates, such as Iron Bundle and Sylveon, which help form an offensive core that brute-forces past many teams. (removed the dash and added a period) Snarl negates is useful to help negate the relative frailty of these teammates, which Beads of Ruin exacerbates. Chi-Yu is incredibly physically frail, struggling to take even resisted hits and falling to priority from common threats like Dragonite and Palafin. (removed dash and added period) As as such, redirection and priority-negating support from allies like Indeedee-F, Farigiraf, and Amoonguss is recommended. Chi-Yu also suffers from a poor defensive typing, leaving it weak to common spread moves like Earthquake and Rock Slide. (removed dash, added period) For for these reasons, Speed control from the likes of Murkrow and Iron Bundle is useful.
sulogpstamp.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)