Chatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
As far as I'm aware, most forums (particularly those on/once on VBulletin) utilize the in-built Chatbox feature. Is there one for Smogon on the XenForo software, and if there is, can it be implemented? It would be a great way to pass time, and socialize/meet with other members.

I know that Smogon has a massive userbase (for lack of being able to call it a playerbase), so some restrictions could be implemented, E.G over 100 posts, account at least two months old, maybe even must have a badge.

Anyone else?

We already have IRC as a sort of chatbox which can easily be reached from within browser via Mibbit. We are also discussing the viability of integrating it into the website itself via a widget but I wouldn't hold out for that just yet.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chippy2001 The Pokemon Showdown and Smogon communities don't overlap much besides people of rank, and even then some of the higher ranked individuals (@ & ~) only post on the forums if they absolutely have to (discipline appeals or super duper secret staff discussions). Showdown is not the place for socializing with Smogonites, IRC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)