ORAS OU Charizard Y Team - It either destroys, or gets destroyed, no middle ground.

So I really need help with this team as the title may suggest. This team started out as a Mega Metagross team, but before I even playtested it, I realised Charizard Y was a better fit, especially as Ferrothorn would've threatened the team badly otherwise. So, lets get you introduced to my pals (sorry not sorry but no animated pokemon in this thread)​

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

So as you can tell by my username, I am a little impartial to this big black beast. And no, I don't use non-shiny Charizards. As I said earlier, a brilliant part of this Charizard is the Ferrothorn counter. Generally I have been taking out Zard's weaknesses and then use him to sweep. It's been either hit or miss tactic, and not really any different. When I bring him in early, he dies relatively quickly (especially vs rocks) so I've tried waiting as long as possible. He does deal an immense amount of damage though, and if there's only one water (or ground) mon, who isn't active, then I can predict the switch with SB, and get the kill.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

I just love this little fella. He can't do no wrong in my eyes, even when he is a little slower than the opposing mon. I have actually been debating whether or not to actually make any changes towards Keldeo as he can deal a lot of damage, but he can be checked with something like a Latios.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

I needed a cleric plain and simple. I was just being dealt with by all of these statuses. I also opted in for the build where I could just stall any SpAttackers.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Ahh, Raikou. The Choice Specs build is amazing, but I couldn't have three Choice items on one team without screwing myself over some. So I swapped it out for AV so I could also take some more damage on Raikou. However, this is the fourth special attacker on my team - is that wrong?

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Scarfed Ttar was added into my team as the advice I was being given about my team was to swap Scarf Lando for Scarfed Ttar. I really like dthe suggestions, and I thought it was the pop that my team was after. It's amazing for pursuit trapping some mons like Gengar, and the Sand Stream ability comes in handy an awful lot.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

I decided to put Latias in as my last for the defog, the Draco Meteor, but also for that amazing Healing Wish. It's come in handy quite a bit, especially for Mega Zard. Now I've debated switching HW for Recover as more often than not I've needed the HP replenishment, however, the HW can revive (mean it metaphorically) a pokemon like Mega Zard to be able to come back and win the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)