Chansey

Counter isn't there for her to take a beating. It's to get a surprise KO against a physical attacker. Physical walls would never use Counter because the foe's attacks wouldn't do enough damage to them to ever make it worth a slot. It's best used on something like Chansey who takes a lot of damage from physical attacks but still has enough bulk to survive the hit.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Counter isn't there for her to take a beating. It's to get a surprise KO against a physical attacker. Physical walls would never use Counter because the foe's attacks wouldn't do enough damage to them to ever make it worth a slot. It's best used on something like Chansey who takes a lot of damage from physical attacks but still has enough bulk to survive the hit.
That's why it's a bad move for her. You wouldn't leave her in against a physical attacker.

It's really not that bad as chansey can take about 50% from any physical attack that isn't stab fighting or really strong like CB tar stone edge. But I think this kind of stuff worked better in gen 3 because most of the physical attackers now are either fighting or take the chance to just set up on chansey. But I suppose it's uncommon enough that it can net a surprise kill on something like swampert or hippo.

You wouldn't leave her in against a physical attacker.
That's why it's a surprise. It's not like you're gonna sit there countering attacks all day and kill everything in sight. At some point they're going to have to take out your Chansey, probably with a physical move, and if you play your cards right you can net a KO.

I'm not saying it's the best use of Chansey's moveslot, but it can work.

I used Counter Chansey in DP UU. I found it worked pretty well to be honest, although it was total cringe (for me), when I used Counter and the opponent missed, or didn't attack.

However, Counter Chansey was great back then for Dugtrio, as Dugtrio couldn't ever OHKO Chansey, but with Dugtrio's tiny HP, the fact that it never used non-attacking moves, and Chansey's enourmous HP and minimal Defense meant that Chansey always OHKO'd Dugtrio. I guess the only time Chansey would've failed would've been if Earthquake got a critical hit. I just always found it funny that Dugtrio was like the instant switch-in to Chansey, but my Chansey always beat it. :D I suppose if Counter Chansey was more common, people wouldn't have used Dugtrio to beat it though.

Evo stone chansey actually has pretty impressive Physical bulk. +0 Garchomp does less than 50% with Outrage, so if you're at fairly high health you can toxic say Scarfchomp and then Softboiled off the damage you take.

What would be better on Chansey, Counter or Seismic Toss? I EV trained my Chansey in defence and it can tank a few physical hits, and most people attack Chansey physically assuming its a special wall but then 1hko thanks to counter. I had to players rage quit after Chansey 1hko their Garchomps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)