Chansey

Chansey
HP:250
Attack:5
Defense:5
Special Attack:35
Special Defense:105
Speed:50

General Overview: Chansey is one of the the pokemon this Generation that performs better than it's evolution. It's all because of the item Evolite. This makes Chansey a Special Defense complete Stopper, surprass blissey. It is capable of playing on all types of battles. It has access to many support, healing, and status moves. It can perform numerous different roles. Overall if you want team support, Put your money on Chansey.

Singles Set
Chansey@Evolite
Bold/ Calm
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
Natural Cure

- SoftBoiled/ Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect/ Minimize

- Is an effective set
- Chansey can toxic opponents other team, sucking down HP
- Chansey is blessed with a recovery move, softboiled.
- If wish is available use it in the set, only problem is it's a event move.
- Seismic toss is the other damage option for Chansey.
- Protect is used to stall
- Great Special Attack wall

Other Options: Chansey can also do some other roles. It could running a counter set to stop Strong Physical attackers that can usually 2 OHKO or OHKO Chansey. Heal bell could be used to provide it's teammates a Poison/Burn/Paralyzed Environment. Other options also are Thunder Wave, Substitute, light screen, and swagger.
Also if you are feeling noobish use minimize or attract.

Doubles/Triples Set
Chansey@Evolite
Bold/Calm
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpeDef
Natrua Cure

- Heal Pulse
- SafeGuard/ Thunder Wave
- Protect/ SoftBoiled
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave

- Another very effective set
- Chansey is one of the best Heal Pulsers in the game
- Has good durability, in turn keeping it's team alive
- SafeGuard make it team immune to status moves
- Protect is great to stop from being ganged up on
- Thunder Wave is great to slow down the other triple threats
- However Toxic can wear down Pokemon.
- Softboiled can be used to keep itself alive
- Healer is a good ability to keep it's team healthy and not need SafeGuard

Not always that pokemon is better than her 'mother', lack of Leftovers hurts, especially on sand or hail, burns, poison and all types of entry hazards. She suffers more than Blissey against Trick users.

Also she is not perfect as Special wall, lack of pseudo-hazing moves hurt, she is the best setup fodder for Reuniclus and CM Psychoshock can hurt her badly.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Few things:
-

Singles said:
- Is an effective set
- Chansey can toxic opponents other team, sucking down HP
- Chansey is blessed with a recovery move, softboiled.
- If wish is available use it in the set, only problem is it's a event move.
- Seismic toss is the other damage option for Chansey.
- Protect is used to stall
- Great Special Attack wall
Ok I'm going to need you to extend your information than just this. Yes we all know of Chansey's basic qualities, but I want you to mention why / how Chansey can thrive in the 3v3 metagame. Also focus more on Minimize since it is banned on Smogon - A set of Substitute/Minimize/Seismic Toss/Softboiled can be incredibly annoying to face if you lack a ghost or something that can outstall it. You could even go Minimize/SToss/Toxic/Softboiled though it could be a risky move.

Second thing: Can someone test if WishBliss is legal on GBU?

Third:

Doubles/Triples Set
Chansey@Evolite
Bold/Calm
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpeDef
Healer
Healer isnt released iirc, and your brief description once again lacks insight. I can't give you specifics - that's for you to educate me and the rest of the viewers of the thread.

I would say Blissey is a better stall user in Doubles because of Leftovers recovery. Can Chansey learn Seismic Toss? If so, it needs to be in the doubles set.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Leftovers recovery is really fleeting and hardly noticeable in Doubles; I wouldn't say that's much of an advantage when Chansey's increased bulk (especially physically) makes it much more difficult to KO. Chansey can learn Seismic Toss.

Counter should definitely be mentioned on Chansey; it can take most Close Combats and return them for an OHKO, although it will be at rather low health after doing so.

Yeah, Leftovers is overrated in doubles. Blissey does seem more common than than Chansey on the GBU, but I really can't see why.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i would definitely like to see some more expansion on the description of the set. they dont really show anything other than the obvious (thunder wave paralyzes, etc.) it would be nice to see how this affects specific pokemon that may harm chansey.

also healer isn't released so outside of some speculation it's not really anything worth mentioning at the moment, since there's no legal way of getting it.

keep at it, you've got the basis for some good stuff here :)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Healer Chansey is soon to be released. Any thoughts on using it in Doubles with the above doubles moveset? Sure it's still bait for things like Close Combat and all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)