1. Pokepaste
2. Teambuilding Process
3. Description
4. Threats
5. Options

1. Pokepaste

The Basic Version : ChainChomp + Meow + Ghold Stack Hazard HO

2. Teambuilding Process

1679672352614.png1679756101384.png1679585270184.png1679585300953.png1679585350961.png1679756123038.png
I had already done an RMT not long ago, with a team based on Special Garchomp. Unfortunately, this team had some flaws. I wanted to redo a team on Garchomp, but Mixed this time.
1679734727182.png1679756147418.png1679756026633.png

I wanted to start building my team from Core Mixed Garchomp + Meowscarada and Gholdengo, a very interesting Hazard Stacking Core. It is a very good Offensive Core, who can easily Stack Hazards and keep them, in addition to bringing a Lead, a WallBreaker and a Sweeper to my team.
1679589435241.png1679756191185.png1679756181105.png1679756160470.png
Great Tusk was a pretty logical choice for my team, who needed a Spinner, and also benefits a lot from the fact that it can Check a lot of Tier Pokemon.
1679589435241.png1679756191185.png1679756181105.png1679756160470.png1679758590989.png1679758602257.png
I only needed Sweepers to complete my team, and my choice fell on Volcarona and Kingambit, two very threatening Sweepers Offensively but also very interesting Defensively. Volcarona can come on a large panel of Pokemon, like Iron Valiant or Hatterene, and Burn opposing threats. Kingambit is our Steel Type and our Ghost Type Resistance. It can also Revenge Kill quick threats.

3. Description

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
1679590569296.png
Garchomp is our main WallBreaker, and our Stealth Rock Setter. Thanks to its very powerful Attacks, it will be able to threaten common Hazard Removers of the Tier such as Great Tusk, Corviknight or Iron Treads. Tera Fire helps resist Fairy and Ice Type, while Boosting Fire Blast.
Draco Meteor and Earthquake are its STABs, and Fire Blast allows you to hit Pokemon like Corviknight, Air Balloon Gholdengo or Amoonguss. The Spread is geared towards the Special Attack, to do as much damage as possible to Great Tusk, Corviknight and Iron Treads with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast.

Meowscarada @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Taunt
1679756337100.png
Meowscarada is our Suicide Lead, who will be able to Set Spikes. It is also very useful as it can Knock Off opponent's Heavy-Duty Boots to make opposing Pokemon weak to Hazards. It can also get rid of Great Tusk with Leaf Storm. Tera Ghost can block Rapid Spin from Great Tusk or Iron Treads, and also be Immune to Fighting and Normal Types. Leaf Storm is its strongest Grass STAB, which will be able to deal great damage coupled with Overgrow. Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots and other enemy Items and Taunt prevents the opponent from using Defog, or Setup Moves. The Spread is used to maximize the power of Leaf Storm.

Gholdengo @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
1679756361237.png
Gholdengo
is an extremely important member of the team. First, it prevents the opponent from removing Hazards, its Typing blocking Rapid Spin and Mortal Spin, and its Talent blocking Defog. Secondly, it's our counter to Garganacl thanks to the Covert Cloak. Lately, it's our Sweeper, which can be setup with Nasty Plot. Tera Flying grants Ground Type Immunity. Nasty Plot allows Gholdengo to increase his Special Attack, Make it Rain and Shadow Ball are his STABs and Recover gives Gholdengo longevity. The Spread is a basic Goldengo Spread, which maximises Special Attack and Speed.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
1679756381708.png
Great Tusk is one of the most important members of the team. It holds several necessary roles for the team, without which it would be more fragile. First, it's our Spinner. Secondly, it can Check a lot of Physical threats, like Roaring Moon or Kingambit. Lately, it can serve as an late-game Sweeper, thanks to Bulk Up and Rapid Spin. Tera Steel gives it an excellent Defensive Type, giving it Resistances to Fairy, Ice, and Psychic Types. Bulk Up lets it Setup, Earthquake is its Ground STAB, Knock Off lets it hit Ghost and Psychic Types, while removing Items, and Rapid Spin removes Hazards, boosting its Speed. 68 EVs in Speed allow to exceed Defensive Gholdengo, exceed Sandy Shocks and Pawmot at +1. The rest goes in HP and Defense to help check Physical threats.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
1679594322168.png
Volcarona is our main Sweeper, which can setup with Quiver Dance and threaten the opposing team. I wanted to take full advantage of the Defensive Utility it can provide, so I decided to play it Bulky, so it could Check Fairy or Psychic Types without problems thanks to its Typing, and Physical Attackers with Will-O-Wisp. Tera Grass gives it Resistance to Type Ground and Water, and Immunity to Spore from Breloom or Amoonguss. Quiver Dance allows it to setup and prepare a Sweep, Fiery Dance is preferred to Flamethrower because it has a good chance of increasing the Special Attack, Morning Sun allows it to heal itself, very useful against Sun Match'Up in particular, and Will-O-Wisp reduces the power of Physical threats. 152 EVs in Speed and Timid Nature allow to exceed Great Tusk, Gholdengo, Full Speed Dragonite, the rest is invested in HP and Defense to better resist Physical Attacks.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
1679756400429.png
Kingambit is our second Sweeper and our Cleaner, who can come at the end of the game, once its teammates are K.O., and finish off the opposing team thanks to its Ability Supreme Overlord. It's also our Revenge Killer, which can Revenge Kill Dragapult or Gholdengo thanks to Sucker Punch Boosted by Black Glasses. It also brings a very interesting Defensive presence, thanks to its Steel Type and its Ghost Type Resistance. Tera Fire make Kingambit Immune to Will-O-Wisp, to have a better Skeledirge Match'Up. Swords Dance allows Kingambit to Boost in Attack and become unmanageable in the late game, Kowtow Cleave and Iron Head are its STABs, and Sucker Punch allows to Revenge Kill fast but weak, or low HP threats. 180 Speed EVs can outrun most Skeledirge Sets, and OHKOs with Black Glasses Boosted Kowtow Cleave.

4. Threats

1679756424562.png
Walking Dead Wake
is a very threatening Pokemon for our team, which has no real answer to this Pokemon. The only possible plan to deal with this Pokemon is to either sacrifice a Pokemon and then Revenge Kill it, or keep the Focus Sash on Meowscarada (if its Speed Boosted by Protosynthesis or it's Scarf) and finish it with Leaf Storm.

1679674592776.png
Mixed Garchomp is a very difficult Pokemon for this team to deal with. It threatens Great Tusk with Draco Meteor and 2HKO Volcarona with Earthquake. The solution is to try to Burn it with Volcarona, but you will have to be careful not to bring it on an Attack which could weaken it a lot. Another solution is to send Garchomp to Earthquake or Fire Blast, to kill it with Draco Meteor, Mixed Garchomp not often being played Max Speed.

1679675267852.png
+ Psychic Terrain Armarouge + Psychic Terrain is a very threatening combo for this team, although it is little played. Armarouge can OHKO or 2HKO all team members with his STABs and Kingambit cannot Revenge Kill it with Sucker Punch, which is blocked by Psychic Terrain. Several solutions are possible: the easiest is to kill the opposing Hatterene to be able to place your Hazards, and prevent the opponent from removing them, which will break Armarouge's Focus Sash and a faster Pokemon can kill it. If you run out of fast threats, you can temporize the Psychic Terrain for Revenge Kill it with Kingambit.

5. Options

1679676101714.png
You can put Dual Hazard on Garchomp, and keep only Draco Meteor and Fire Blast, to make a Special Variant of Mixed Garchomp that would allow you to put Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Band or Choice Scarf on Meowscarada, but it will lose its interest in the team, so it will have to be replaced.

1679756486405.png
Leaf Storm
is replaceable with Flower Trick, but Leaf Storm more effectively threatens Great Tusk, although the Attack investment will also boost Knock Off damage.

1679756494705.png
You can change Great Tusk's Spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def Impish Nature or 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly Nature, which would make Great Tusk either more resilient on Defense or more threatening Offensively.

1679676720544.png
You can use a more Offensive Set on Volcarona to make it even more late game threatening, but it would lose its Defensive interest.

1679756506212.png
Kingambit's Spread is flexible, it all depends on what you are looking to exceed, you can put 144 EVs or 160 EVs in Speed. Tera Dark or Flying are good options to replace Tera Fire, and Lum Berry can be really helpful to counter Skeledirge if you don't play Tera Fire.

Attachments

Last edited:
I would just change :kingambit: Tera.
Tera Fire -> Tera Flying
Although Tera fire makes it immune to burn, it loses a lot of it's resists for that purpose. The best way to get rid of the threats with wow is to KO them off the bat. Your kingambit already outspeed any relevant wow threat besides Volcarona, and those generally run offensive sets.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, good team for the most part here, covers most of the bases offenses wants. my main issue is how slow the team is in its current state, which is why you're having issues with faster stuff like wake. additionally, I can see Kingambit being annoying as well as some fatter teams.

:great-tusk: -> :iron-valiant: tauntcm/sdencore

dont find tusk particularly useful here, and considering its weakest slot i'm going to put in some speed control here instead. I feel valiant is a pretty big no-brainer here as it fits on a lot of these stack teams and adds some valuable resists such as resisting sucker. the set itself I think you have two options that do pretty well into bulkier teams. Flying Taunt CM and SD Encore both really improve the fat mu and I think its just a matter of you trying both out to see what you like. Flying Taunt is more immediately threatening while giving you a pseudo ground immune but does get annoyed by skeledirge, while SD Encore is less annoyed by skeledirge and can spread knocks to remove boots for hazards. Both options also i

post rate edit: another thought was the super cursed tera fire valiant since i noticed that tera fairy volc is supper annoying for this team. I dont know what the set because its super niche is but you might be able to find something viable with some digging

:gholdengo: covert -> scarf

another way to speed this up a bit. trick still threatens garg enough while being annoying for fat teams as well. typically vs offenses, garg has a hard time setting up due to hazards and all the mons being relatively hard-hitting so it doesnt get a lot of room anyway. recover vs plot is usually just preference, I tend to lean recover myself but nasty plot can be helpful vs bulkier squads.

:volcarona: bulky -> offensive sub

keeping the tera and everything but just turning it into a proper sweeper with giga drain. not sure why you were bulky wisp grass tera on a ho team but its okay. sub can be very annoying for the opponent to deal with and helps you beat stuff like garg and pex. grass tera resists ground moves which is helpful for you here. drain is for recovery and stab after tera etc....

notes
-Low Kick > Iron Head on gambit to help vs opposing gambit, you can keep it if you dont have issues vs it since tera fairy volcarona is a threat
-made gambit jolly max speed to outspeed most dirges and slower gambits, consider lum berry
-tera fire is fine for the volcarona mu but you can experiment
-consider eject pack > life orb on chomp
-vs tera fairy volcarona i'd keep tera around and try to position yourself with fire garchomp or fire gambit, encore/taunt can help here too.

:garchomp::meowscarada::iron-valiant::volcarona::kingambit::gholdengo:
https://pokepast.es/b852c8d45aa0230f
https://pokepast.es/832dfb22bafaf949

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)