Social CAT PICS

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
calling all puthy owners

I got a question

do y’all ever genuinely regret owning a cat? the subliminal messaging in my life is intense and I’m trying not to make an impulsive choice
Never ever ever ever!! Emphasis on never. My cats are truly some of the greatest gifts I have ever gotten in my life. They truly are a part of my family and I would do anything for them. That's not to say they can't be annoying little shits from time to time, but it's all worth it to me. They are amazing companions that provide a great amount of emotional support.

Of course, the experience is different for everyone. And each cat is different. There are things that you should consider before adopting a cat.

- Cats need vaccinations and medical care just like anyone else, so you need to be in a financial position to care for one. (Also food, litter expenses, etc)

- Cats are independent and quiet animals; some have trouble with other pets or young children. It's worth considering that before adopting.

- Different cats have different coat lengths, cats with longer hair need to be groomed and brushed more often than those with shorter hair.

- Younger cats and kittens are very playful and curious, they require more attention than adult cats and they really like to play!

I hope this helps! Ultimately you need to decide what's best for you and your family. Cats can really be an amazing addition to your life.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
calling all puthy owners

I got a question

do y’all ever genuinely regret owning a cat? the subliminal messaging in my life is intense and I’m trying not to make an impulsive choice
as a prior cat owner I will say I miss my cat almost everyday, the reason I haven’t gotten a new cat is because I don’t want too busy and not be able to be there for my cat, so if you’re a homebody it’s probably a yes if not it might be a problem

no regrets

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
You are asking this in a cat thread, so the responses will of course be an echo chamber of positivity.

Getting a pet should never be an impulsive decision. You will be responsible for the well-being of an animal for its entire life, so you should think carefully beforehand.

How do you respond to having more responsibility in your daily life? This is the all important question because pet ownership is responsibility. Nothing is ever an "only positive" equation, so if the prospect of additional chores/expenses (and adjusting your routine/priorities/budgeting for potentially 15+ years) represents a significant mental/financial burden to you, then it is rational to reconsider such a choice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)