Tournament CAPCL II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
CAPCL II Manager Signups

(stole most of the OP from Tadasuke's CAPPL thread, thanks boss)
Hope everyone is excited and eager for the second rendition of the CAP Champions League! As is custom with any team tournament, we're going to need qualified users to manage each team. What this generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with Wulfanator and I in regards to weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses. We're planning on running with six teams this season as usual, so six pairs of managers and assistants. Timing wise, we're aiming to start mid-January and continue for 5 weeks+ 2 of playoffs, give or take any tiebreaks.

Now if you've read the above and feel that you're both willing and qualified to be a manager, please make a post in this thread using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why you would make a good manager:

Signups will be open until January 1st!

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Manager: Garrett
Assistant Manager: LBN
Team Name: GholdenGODS (SHSP knows where we’re going with this)
Accomplishments: I’ve been apart of the last two winning teams for CAPPL. I won CAP STAB, and have personally given myself the title of “Best Team Presence for Better or Worse.”
Why you would make a good manager:
I am looking to devote some serious attention to SV CAP unlike last gen where I kept focus to ORAS, and also become a building presence for DPP and potentially BW. LBN (the SM goat) and I have hosted numerous tours on Smogon and know how to foster an entertaining team environment. We would like to become a managing duo in CAP team tours.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Captain:me
AssMan: Steam Buns
team name: Asuka Langley Staryus again (or we'll rename I forgot to ask him)
List of Accomplishments: we both have managerial experience in CAP- he ran the Pinecos I ran the Weathermen twice. He's the head of BW and DPP CAP right now and one of the most fun innovators in SS CAP, I brought out hardstall and birdspam in ORAS, did good in SM in multiple tours and tolerated SS until the release of books (I did not do well!). We also played in hella tours!
Why you would make a good manager: I am old and wise he's young and handsome and together we cover every single metagame.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Leru
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name: Baka Baka Baxcaliburs
List of Accomplishments: I won SPL, DPP UU Cup and SCL. Dave also won SCL and like 5 WCoPs.
Why you would make a good manager: Both Dave and I have prior experience managing in official teamtours (WCoP and SCL for me, WCoP, SCL and SPL for Dave.)

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Drifting
Assistant Manager: DOOR MONEY
Team Name: Gucci Flutter Manes
List of Accomplishments: I played a lot of CAP back in the ORAS/SM days, managed WCOR and miscellaneous free agent teams as well as participating in various other team-tours including PL's World Cups and supporting SCL. Door also has a lot of experience in a variety of tours, is very close to winning TLT and can pick up basically any tier almost immediately. We both are skilled in organising players and maintaining efficient communication with our players and the hosts
Why you would make a good manager: I'm mostly just signing up because the deadline is close and you guys aren't at 6 managers yet. If anyone more qualified signs up after this I would recommend choosing them as I haven't played CAP in a while, but we're more than happy to fill the role if needed.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager: Drifting
Assistant Manager: DOOR MONEY
Team Name: Gucci Flutter Manes
List of Accomplishments: I played a lot of CAP back in the ORAS/SM days, managed WCOR and miscellaneous free agent teams as well as participating in various other team-tours including PL's World Cups and supporting SCL. Door also has a lot of experience in a variety of tours, is very close to winning TLT and can pick up basically any tier almost immediately. We both are skilled in organising players and maintaining efficient communication with our players and the hosts
Why you would make a good manager: I'm mostly just signing up because the deadline is close and you guys aren't at 6 managers yet. If anyone more qualified signs up after this I would recommend choosing them as I haven't played CAP in a while, but we're more than happy to fill the role if needed.
LCWC got cancelled so the LC mains moved to CAP (a real tier)

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Maxouille
Assistant Manager: Brigtel
Team Name: Chewing Lechonks
List of Accomplishments: I qualified to both CAPLT and OLT, won cap budget tour without loosing a single game, made final of the first cap circuit(2021), swiss final, sm cap ssnl final, 5-0 fcl, top 16 CAP money tour (2022) which make me the only cap mainer who survived the biggest cap tournament of all time, beat crying twice in bo3 ect ect...
Brigtel beat Soulwind in gen6ou with a druddigon team for a cashtour this year.
CAP Involvement: I played in CAPPL 5 and 6, helped with cap implementation in pokepaste.
Why you would make a good manager: my assistant manager and I perfectly know how to behave as a manager because we played in a lot of team-tours mostly hosted on discord but also on smogon over the last 5 years, he also speaks english natively and We have a good knowledge of both the cap playerbase and the cap metagame since the 6th generation (We've been playing cap since we were kids around ~2015). In addition to that since I'm also competitively involved in OU (Suspect test, olt, worldcup, ST, Ost, circuit, other ttours, ect.. ), oldgens(classics, team tours) , lowtier, BDSP(suspect test, tours) and natdex circuits: I also have a wide and wise view on the smogon playerbase. I'm part of the french CAP discord staff as well.

Last edited:
Manager: velvet
Assistant Manager: tbd
Team Name: Mavis Meowscarada
List of Accomplishments: Ive been in many team tours since forever now with currently being in teamballo for sv ou, managed a few but probably more on the om side of things aside from one natdex team tour. Played in a few cap team tours before with the recent one being with the lechonks placing in 2nd.
Why you would make a good manager: I’d like to think i know majority of the community and learned a lot from last cappl to understand how to manage teams more effectively as a solo manager if need be. I wanna focus a lot on team building for this tour which I believe I can do so as I’ve played/built for past gen cap and played quite a bit of sv as of late.
65226666-FCF7-4953-8CCA-A952CC4295BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)