CAP Revision Committee Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the release of Platinum, there have been three CAP Pokemon that for one reason or another dropped out of favor. These are the first three – Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak. The first two of those were originally deemed broken; they were revised to their current states. Pyroak has never been revised; however, a wide variety of factors has contributed to it seeing little use. Here at CAP, we'd like to see all of our creations to see frequent use, so we're thinking of giving these Pokemon a bit of a buff.

This is the thread in which people may apply for membership on the CAP Revision Committee.

The CAP Revision Committee (CRC) will consist of recognized CAP players and its members will hold the responsibility of voting on the revisions to the first three CAP Pokemon. The CRC will also discuss the subject at length with the general public.

Although the CRC is not a popularity contest, all users should note that we will most likely be turning some applicants down. However, anyone with an established history of active involvement in the CAP project and on the CAP server, that has the desire to serve on this committee, is likely be selected. Server activity will be heavily weighted when we select the CRC members.

The selected CRC members will be invited to our private group; the voting process will be conducted there.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts. Do not post support for the candidates, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Revision Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here. If you have an issue concerning this, contact tennisace, Plus, or myself privately.

Rules:

• Candidates must have been actively involved in the CAP forum and or on the CAP server, especially over the past two most recent CAP projects (CAP 8 and 9). Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to this project.

• You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules.

• Make application posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread. Do not suggest other people.

<%umbreon_dan> huh
<%umbreon_dan> nobody's applied to the crc yet?
Never fear, Woodsy's here.

I've been involved in the CAP process since Revenankh, and I lurked during Syclant, so I have a fairly good idea of how the whole CAP process works, and how to keep things on track. I've also been campaigning for a revision process for quite a while now, so I'm quite pleased with this result, as I would like to see the first three CAPs relevant again.

I also have +v on #cap, if that counts for anything.

I guess I'll put my name in here. I've been an active member since Arghonaut, so I'm relativly new, but I have been very active since then. I used to be one of the most active people on the CAP serverback during CAP6/7, but my general usage dwindeled down since then(computer issues), but I have been quite active during CAP9 playtesting. I am only 39 on the playtest right now, mostly due to my mediocre battle skills, not because of inactivity.

In genral, I am a supporter of the revision process, and look foward to it.

I've been active during CaPs 4,8 and 9 and I lurked douring Pyroak; and I participated during the playtesting of each and every CaP. I come to the server often, as well as the IRC channel; where I have hops. I'm a good battler (you can tell I'm modest) and participated in the X-Server tourney. I'm currently 30 on the playtest ladder, mostly due to hax and lack of attention span. I'm the CaP grammar checker, as I've checked all of the CaP analysis revisions, apart from Pyroak since that hasn't been done yet, on personal request.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I've been on smogon since 07 but I've spent very little time in CAP. I lurked around the last 3 CAP Projects but wasn't really involved. On the contrary, I won the 2nd CAP tourney and I know how to play pokemon. Even though I didn't participate directly in any CAP's, i know all about them and I know how they function in battle. Most of the CAP dudes can vouch for my skills. So uh yeah consider me for this thing i need to make sure you guys dont totally fuck up these pkmn (kidding ily<3)

edit: dont know if this shit matters but i have vops on #cap and i was #3 on the CAP ladder under 'richard hatch' before playtesting started

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've been with CAP since Revenankh, and I have been active on both the server and forums ever since. As such, I have an extensive knowledge of all CAP Pokemon in terms of theorymon and how they work in-practice. In terms of my recent activity, I have participated in discussions in CAP9 and one of my suggestions, an Auto-Magic Coat ability (now called Rebound) was implemented. I am also a server moderator and have participated in virtually every playtesting period. For these reasons, I think I'm more than qualified to be on a committee that has anything to do with revisions to the CAP creations.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I would like to be a part of the CRC.

I have been very involved in CAP since Arghonaut, specially on what Server activity means. I have been an active playtester since Kitsunoh, and im basically on everyday in the server. Im also on everyday on irc, where I am a Hop (bandwagoning others with this comment). Im currently a CAP Playtest Expert because of my performance in the testing of past CAPs. I am known in the server, channel and forum also, and most people can vouch that im a hard working person and one that would like to help in any ways possible. Bandwagoning again, I have been first place in the CAP ladder and I usually play there, I have experience with every CAP and have used them all in battle.

Im really excited about seeing old CAPs get what they deserve (fuck yes Syclant best pkmn ever once again maybe?!)

I'd love to take part in the CRC.

To start, I've been involved from the very moment Syclant has been implemented on the server, and I've been with CAP ever since. I actively contribute in every CAP project (aside from the ones I missed when I took a several month break), and I know how things work. I also battle daily on the ladder, hitting the #1 spot several times, and currently holding the #1 position for Colossoil's playtesting. Speaking of playtesting, I've been active throughout the re-tests for Syclant through Arghonaut, posting in their respective threads with my observations. I have knowledge about Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak, so I'm sure I know what they need and what they don't need.

Besides the competitiveness, with all of the work I have done for CAP, I've been given the privilege to moderate Doug's server and being promoted with Ops on #cap. So yeah, I'd like to take part in this. ^_^

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am definitely interested in participating in the CRC.

I have been very active in CAP since the beginning of CAP8, which isn't very long, I know, but I think I have adapted to the process very quickly and have proven a good amount of knowledge and instinct regarding the CAP creations, especially in CAP9, where both my stat spread and movepool made it to their respective final polls. In my opinion, my posts are informed and serve to further debate, even if they are offbeat at times, but that just reflects my personality.

I am active on the ladder during playtesting mostly, although I have played on the complete CAP ladder from time to time when available, so I know what's successful there and what's not. I'm a 1300s kind of battler, which is where I sit on the ladder currently (I haven't had time to ladder for about a week, damn school, but I made it up to the high 1300s at some point), mostly because I prefer testing new strategies and play styles over getting really good with a particular team/style.

I am also active on #cap as often as I can be, which is really where the most intelligent (and, strangely, juvenile) CAP discussions take place, and I believe I am making somewhat of a name for myself in the community. I would like to continue my growing involvement in the CAP community by being part of this committee.

As an on and off CAP member for the past year, I feel as if been a healthy contribution to the community. I've been shown to be able to formulate intelligent discussion and debate in past CAPs, something I'm obviously willing to bring forward to this process. I've always been one to form an opinion, and never one to leave it out of the discussion. As a member of the community, I feel as if I been active and influential throughout the past year, and hope to continue this trend.

Finally^^

As someone may already know, I'm a strong supporter of the revision of these CAPs. Not only, I have contributed to the last CAP projects quite consistently, and I have a good deal of experience with those 3 CAPs, especially Revenankh. So, I'd be glad to take part to this CRC

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I'd like to apply for the CRC.

With the exception of Rev, I've been with CAP the whole way. While I do participate in the polls, I'd say my main contribution to CAP is my battling. I'm always on the ladder and I know how the game works. Because of my battling experience at CAP I believe my knowledge would be useful on the Revision Committee.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am fairly new to the CAP Project, but I would consider myself a relatively constant contributor over at least the last few CAPs. Although I made a few posts over a few CAPs post-Fidgit, I can only claim to have really actively contributed from Kitsunoh onwards, although I can claim to have argued cases for and participated in most of the design aspects of those CAPs, admittedly with varying degrees of success, though I like to think that I am honest enough to argue a point that I feel markedly on in any situation.

On the subject of server activity, I make an effort to playtest thoroughly the new CAP created, although I will admit that once the novelty wears off, my attendance record suffers accordingly. I am not much of a ladderer, as I will not usually play more than three games in one sitting, but I feel I have a good knowledge of the way most of the CAPs can function in battle.

The revision of Syclant and the other early CAPs is something I have been both expecting and looking forward to, and if given the chance I would be honoured to be able to contribute further to the CAP community in this way.

I would like to apply for the CRC.

I may not have battled in CAP seriously for a long time... but Syclant/Revenankh/Pyroak were made a long time ago, and I think I know them pretty damn well.

I'm pretty active on the server despite not battling much. "Server moderator" etc.

I'd like to apply for the CRC because I am an active member of the server and the forums. I take pride in saying that I know just as much of the practical use of the CAPs as anybody, as I have playtested with and against them extensively. I've had quite a bit of success in the metagame as well, as I've consistently been in the top 10 of all the playtesting ladders so far. I know the ins and outs of the CAP metagame. I am a server regular, and although I cannot participate in #cap due to IRC problems, I feel that the true competitive discussion of the actual use of the CAPs is on the server.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been here forever (since Syclant), although I can't say I've done great the last week or so getting on #cap or the server.

I think revising these CAPs to conform to the new standards would be excellent, although there are a few lagging issues that need to be discussed.

Anyway, I'm gonna sign up. I'll focus my attentions more here for now.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm Vader. I've been lurking the forums since CaP5 and been on the server longer. I know I don't post a whole lot, but I'm always active on the server and know a lot about the CaPs. I watch almost every battle that goes on while I'm on the server, so I have a very good grasp of what is and is not used. I'm also active enough on #cap to be a HOp and a driver on the server, if that means anything.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been quite active on the CAP server both during the Playtest periods and on the complete CAP ladder. I have an excellent understanding of Pokemon tiering, having voted on every Suspect since Shaymin-S and being accountable for the UU Suspect process. I have HOps on #cap, which I frequent.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been actively involved with cap since Spiffy / cyclohm / thunderdick. I am an active playtester and I also battle even when it's not playtesting. I'm a regular on the irc channel and i have vops there.

So please consider for the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)