CaP Prevos: Protowatt Movepool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Apologies for not getting this out sooner, but we are edging ever closer to being able to get all this sorted!

Here are Protowatt's stats:

Typing: Electric/Water
Abilities: Trace/Magic Guard/Minus
Stats: 51 / 44 / 33 / 43 / 34 / 65

And below is Krilowatt's current movepool! Make sure to check out the list from this post

Krilowatt:krilowatt:
Evo: Aqua Tail
1 Aqua Tail
1 Magnetic Flux
1 Ice Shard
1 Water Gun
1 Charge
1 Thunder Shock
1 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Mind Reader
51 Discharge
53 Wild Charge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water
TM04 Ice Punch
TM05 Thunder Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM35 Hail
TM36 Whirlpool
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM45 Dive
TM57 Payback
TM59 Fling
TM62 Speed Swap
TM75 Low Sweep
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM81 Bulldoze
TM82 Electroweb
TM90 Electric Terrain
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR07 Low Kick
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR10 Earthquake
TR14 Metronome
TR16 Waterfall
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR45 Muddy Water
TR67 Earth Power
TR80 Electro Ball
TR84 Scald
TR86 Wild Charge
TR98 Liquidation
Flip Turn
Rising Voltage
Counter (Pyukumuku)
Entrainment (Araquanid)
Follow Me (Togekiss)
Mirror Coat (Cursola)
Sheer Cold (Glalie)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 Tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 Tutor)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 Tutor)
Cut (Gen 6 TM)
Fury Cutter (Gen 4 Tutor)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
As per usual, Egg Moves can't change. But you can remove whatever moves you deem necessary to create a new movepool for Protowatt. Changes in Generation 8 now mean that we can no longer move moves into Protowatt's direct level up movepool without affecting Krilowatt's level 1 movepool, so please do this sparingly.

Creating a prevo movepool is a subtractive process! This is much stricter than a normal CAP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which the CAP itself has in its movepool. You cannot add any moves. Breaking this will result in Disqualification. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo!

You will need to submit a clear evolution method when creating a movepool! This can be via level up or other more esoteric means, but please give it a good reason for whatever you choose!
-----

Final Submission Post

Only make one (1) final submission post. If you wish to alter any aspect of your final submission, then edit your post. Do not make a new one, even if you delete your original post. Any deleting and re-posting will be treated as bumping and is subject to moderation.

All final submission posts must conform to the following format:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • A brief explanation of the entire movepool (optional)
  • A series of spoiler tags containing move learn sources, with required moves in bold and repeated moves in italics:
  • A list in the form "#: move", where "#" is a number from 1 to 100 representing the level the Pokemon learns a move.
  • A brief explanation of the moves learned this way.
The list of level-up moves should be ordered from 1 to 100, ascending.
  • A copied list of Egg Moves from the above post
The list of egg moves should be alphabetized.
  • A list of the form "TM##: move", where the TM number corresponds to the TM for the current generation.
The list of TM moves should be ordered by TM order.
  • A list of the form "TR##: move", where the TR number corresponds to the TR for the current generation.
The list of TR moves should be ordered by TR order.
  • A list of move tutor moves from the current generation, if any.
The list of tutor moves should be alphabetized.

--

Final Submission

Evo: Doom Desire
1: Doom Desire
1: Rapid Spin

1: Pound
1: Magnet Rise
1: Mud-Slap
1: Imprison
15: Mud Shot
20: Gyro Ball
25: Power Split
25: Guard Split
30: Quash
35: Mind Reader
40: Earth Power
45: Flash Cannon
50: Memento
50: Healing Wish

57: Earthquake
64: Destiny Bond
71: Aura Sphere
78: Pain Split
85: Perish Song

Moves chosen here represent many legal ideas, from sentencing (Imprison, Perish Song), to verdicts (The paired Memento/Healing Wish).
Egg Group(s): Mineral

Equlibra's design is indicative of not having a gender, and as such no Egg Moves are available.
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM32 Sandstorm
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM70 Trick Room
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM96 Smart Strike
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk

TR31 Iron Tail
TR46 Iron Defense
TR52 Gyro Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR70 Flash Cannon

TR74 Iron Head
TR83 Ally Switch
TR85 Work Up
TR87 Drill Run
Steel Beam
Ally Switch
Aura Sphere
Body Slam
Bulldoze
Destiny Bond
Doom Desire
Drill Run
Earth Power
Earthquake
Endure
Facade
Flash Cannon
Giga Impact
Guard Split
Gyro Ball
Healing Wish
Helping Hand
Hyper Beam
Imprison
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Magic Room
Magnet Rise
Memento
Mind Reader
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Pain Split
Perish Song
Pound
Power Split
Protect
Quash
Rapid Spin
Rest
Rock Slide
Rock Tomb
Round
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Sleep Talk
Smart Strike
Snore
Steel Beam
Substitute
Trick Room
Wonder Room
Work Up

-----

You can now submit immediately, but I will put a 24 hour warning when I feel the thread has run its course (but likely a few days minimum).

Final Submission

Decided to go with a more standard movepool.

Protowatt:protowatt:
Evolves at level 30

I imagine that Protowatt could be found by surfing or fishing on Route 213 in Sinnoh, in which case level 30 makes sense as an evolution level, being close to nearby Pokemon in Wingull (25), Remoraid (25), Buizel (26), Shellos (30), and Tentacool (30). This also happens to mirror other wimpy to strong evolution in Wimpod -> Golisopod and Toxel -> Toxtricity, which also happens at level 30.

1 Water Gun
1 Charge
6 Thunder Shock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Mind Reader
51 Discharge
53 Wild Charge
56 Thunder
60 Muddy Water

Cut the excess level 1 moves (Aqua Tail, Magnetic Flux, Ice Shard). Cut Guillotine because it has nothing to Guillotine with.
Krilowatt's level up cadence is all over the place and does not fit the standardized patterns of Gen 8 in the slightest (7-4-5-6-7-5-2-4-6-5). I tried to settle within the established pattern by making Charge -> Thunder Shock / Thunder Shock -> Confuse Ray a gap of 5 and Confuse Ray -> Imprison a gap of 6, then make the last gaps 2-3-4. I'm willing to associate some of the weirder moves with Magic Guard and beginning signs of Protowatt's potential.
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM35 Hail
TM36 Whirlpool
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM45 Dive
TM57 Payback
TM62 Speed Swap
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM82 Electroweb
TM93 Eerie Impulse

Removed Giga Impact and Hyper Beam because it's not fully evolved, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch because it has nothing to punch with (Krilowatt at least has claws), the Fighting and Ground coverage (Low Sweep, Bulldoze) because of the severe drop off in power between Krilowatt and Protowatt, and Fling due to lack of arms. Also removed Electric Terrain because not many prevos get it.
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR45 Muddy Water
TR80 Electro Ball
TR84 Scald
TR86 Wild Charge

Removed the Fighting and Ground coverage (Low Kick, Earthquake, and Earth Power) because of the severe drop off in power between Krilowatt and Protowatt. Removed Liquidation because a decently large amount of the time, it's only distributed to final evos. Removed Iron Tail, as its tail is both very small due to its small size, and curled up as part of its body, which is a trait shared by Horsea, which does not learn Iron Tail. Removed Waterfall because I can't imagine it properly using it as an HM (yes, Surf is a similar stretch, but Surf is more global than Waterfall is), and nothing has had it added as a TM when it didn't get it as an HM.
Rising Voltage

Keeping Rising Voltage because of how universal it is, and fellow tiny electric type Joltik gets it. Cut Flip Turn due to how the distribution is more split, and its Pearl entry noting how it can't even overcome ocean currents, which makes me think it doesn't have the agility to execute a flip turn.
Counter (Pyukumuku)
Entrainment (Araquanid)
Follow Me (Togekiss)
Mirror Coat (Cursola)
Sheer Cold (Glalie)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 Tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 Tutor)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 Tutor)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)

Removed Cut and Fury Cutter because Protowatt is not a Grass type and has nothing to cut with. Everything else can stay.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

1 - Water Gun
1 - Charge
5 - Thunder Shock
10 - Confuse Ray

Protowatt evolves into Krillowatt at Level 15

I wanted to just have a movepool that reflects Protowatt being similar to Magikarp as a weak Water-Type Pokemon. As such, it learns very little moves via Level-Up, doesn't learn anything through TM/TR/Tutor (And also Transfer-Only moves by extension) and evolves extremely early. Originally I was planning on having 20 as my Level-Up Level, but I decided that 15 would be a better fit since it's also the level another fairly weak Pokemon evolves (Wynaut) and it lets me make a more clean pattern for Level-Up moves (Since I wouldn't have to include Imprison). I decided on only including moves that Krillowatt would learn at Level 1 (Minus the obvious Move Relearner moves) just to sort of hammer in that point more.

Counter (Pyukumuku)
Entrainment (Araquanid)
Follow Me (Togekiss)
Mirror Coat (Cursola)
Sheer Cold (Glalie)

Same as Krillowatt

Charge
Confuse Ray
Counter
Entrainment
Follow Me
Mirror Coat
Sheer Cold
Thundershock
Water Gun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)