Cap Prevos: Dorsoil Movepool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Apologies for not getting this out sooner, but we are edging ever closer to being able to get all this sorted!

Dorsoil is one of our newest bouncing babies and is the prevo of the basketball playing Colossoil!

Here are Dorsoil's stats:

Typing: Ground
Abilities: Oblivious/Guts/Unnerve
Stats: 103 / 72 / 52 / 61 / 52 / 65

And below is Colossoil's current movepool! Make sure to check out the list from this post

Colossoil:colossoil:
Evo Move: Drill Run
1 Drill Run
1 High Horsepower
1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Horn Attack
10 Bite
16 Mud-Slap
21 Rapid Spin
26 Fury Attack
32 Strength
37 Knock Off
42 Body Slam
48 Bounce
53 Stockpile
53 Swallow
53 Spit Up
58 Crunch
64 Megahorn
69 Giga Impact
74 Horn Drill
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM85 Snarl
TM96 Smart Strike
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR75 Stone Edge
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press
Lash Out
Scorching Sands
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Ancient Power (Gen 4 Tutor)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)

As per usual, Egg Moves can't change. But you can remove whatever moves you deem necessary to create a new movepool for Dorsoil. Changes in Generation 8 now mean that we can no longer move moves into Dorsoil's direct level up movepool without affecting Colossoil's level 1 movepool, so please do this sparingly.

Creating a prevo movepool is a subtractive process! This is much stricter than a normal CAP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which the CAP itself has in its movepool. You cannot add any moves. Breaking this will result in Disqualification. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo!

You will need to submit a clear evolution method when creating a movepool! This can be via level up or other more esoteric means, but please give it a good reason for whatever you choose!
-----

Final Submission Post

Only make one (1) final submission post. If you wish to alter any aspect of your final submission, then edit your post. Do not make a new one, even if you delete your original post. Any deleting and re-posting will be treated as bumping and is subject to moderation.

All final submission posts must conform to the following format:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • A brief explanation of the entire movepool (optional)
  • A series of spoiler tags containing move learn sources, with required moves in bold and repeated moves in italics:
  • A list in the form "#: move", where "#" is a number from 1 to 100 representing the level the Pokemon learns a move.
  • A brief explanation of the moves learned this way.
The list of level-up moves should be ordered from 1 to 100, ascending.
  • A copied list of Egg Moves from the above post
The list of egg moves should be alphabetized.
  • A list of the form "TM##: move", where the TM number corresponds to the TM for the current generation.
The list of TM moves should be ordered by TM order.
  • A list of the form "TR##: move", where the TR number corresponds to the TR for the current generation.
The list of TR moves should be ordered by TR order.
  • A list of move tutor moves from the current generation, if any.
The list of tutor moves should be alphabetized.

--

Final Submission

Evo: Doom Desire
1: Doom Desire
1: Rapid Spin

1: Pound
1: Magnet Rise
1: Mud-Slap
1: Imprison
15: Mud Shot
20: Gyro Ball
25: Power Split
25: Guard Split
30: Quash
35: Mind Reader
40: Earth Power
45: Flash Cannon
50: Memento
50: Healing Wish

57: Earthquake
64: Destiny Bond
71: Aura Sphere
78: Pain Split
85: Perish Song

Moves chosen here represent many legal ideas, from sentencing (Imprison, Perish Song), to verdicts (The paired Memento/Healing Wish).
Egg Group(s): Mineral

Equlibra's design is indicative of not having a gender, and as such no Egg Moves are available.
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM32 Sandstorm
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM70 Trick Room
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM96 Smart Strike
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk

TR31 Iron Tail
TR46 Iron Defense
TR52 Gyro Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR70 Flash Cannon

TR74 Iron Head
TR83 Ally Switch
TR85 Work Up
TR87 Drill Run
Steel Beam
Ally Switch
Aura Sphere
Body Slam
Bulldoze
Destiny Bond
Doom Desire
Drill Run
Earth Power
Earthquake
Endure
Facade
Flash Cannon
Giga Impact
Guard Split
Gyro Ball
Healing Wish
Helping Hand
Hyper Beam
Imprison
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Magic Room
Magnet Rise
Memento
Mind Reader
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Pain Split
Perish Song
Pound
Power Split
Protect
Quash
Rapid Spin
Rest
Rock Slide
Rock Tomb
Round
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Sleep Talk
Smart Strike
Snore
Steel Beam
Substitute
Trick Room
Wonder Room
Work Up

-----

You can now submit immediately, but I will put a 24 hour warning when I feel the thread has run its course (but likely a few days minimum).

Final Submission

Evolves at level 40.

MrDollSteak explicitly cited Pokemon that evolve at a high level like Ponyta and Wailmer in their stat submission, so I decided to also take after them in evolution method.

1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Horn Attack
10 Bite
16 Mud-Slap
21 Rapid Spin
26 Fury Attack
32 Strength
37 Knock Off
42 Body Slam
46 Bounce
51 Stockpile
51 Swallow
51 Spit Up
56 Crunch

Shortened the gap between Body Slam and Bounce from 6 to 4. Colossoil has a bit of a messup in that the moves at level 5 and maybe level 10 should probably be level 1 moves, but they make a decent base for Dorsoil.

Dorsoil has the unfortunate distinction of having no horn, and having an evolution whose movepool was specifically designed around it and its big horn. As such, there are a number of horn-based moves in this level up. I'm willing to work with the earlier horn-based moves because of their decently wide distribution and the justification that Dorsoil is attacking with its relatively sharp shovel fins, but I am less willing to bend on other ones. Specifically:
Peck: Plenty of Pokemon with smaller spikes like Maractus and Mareanie get it, so this is passable.
Horn Attack: This one is a stretch, but in Gen 1, Omanyte got Horn Attack despite completely lacking horns, and I don't feel like switching it out for another move when it's so early in the level up.
Fury Attack: Again, Pokemon without prominent spikes/beaks (Beedrill works as an analogue, but also Arrokuda/Barraskewda) get this, so I'm willing to pass it off.
Megahorn: The move description names a "tough and impressive horn", which you really cannot try to pass off with Dorsoil, and there are no non-horned exceptions here. Also, this move has a lot of instances of being final evolution-only,
Horn Drill: Most Horn Drill Pokemon use an actual horn or drill (except for Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, which is a line that is pretty devoid of horns), which Dorsoil lacks.
Also removed Drill Run, as it's the evolution move, High Horsepower, as it's an unnecessary level 1 move on a base form, and Giga Impact, as with a few exceptions (Axew line, Dratini line, Lillipup line) this move either goes to final evolutions or Pokemon that were formerly final evolutions. If things like Lairon and Hippopotas don't get Giga Impact, I think it's fine to remove Dorsoil's access as well.
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)

Same as Colossoil.
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM97 Brutal Swing

Removed Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, as Dorsoil is a prevo. Removed Snarl, as barring Larvitar/Pupitar, all Pokemon that get this are either fully evolved, Dark type, or obviously dog/cat/lion-like. Removed Fire Fang and Thunder Fang, as there are a few examples where the line's types don't match the corresponding Fang and only the final form gets it, despite the whole line getting Crunch (including fellow Gen 4 Ground type Hippowdon, and other Pokemon like Tyranitar, Greedent, and Centiskorch.) Removed Smart Strike, as besides Gen 1 mons (which are all horned), all Pokemon that learn it are final forms.
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press

Most of these moves either have wide enough distribution (Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Drill Run on Ground types) or have analogues (Body Press on fellow whale Wailmer, Superpower on fellow Ground type Hippopotas + decent distribution) that I'm willing to include them. Cut Stone Edge, as a majority of Ground type prevos don't receive this (and it tends to be final form-only on non-Rock types in general).
Scorching Sands

Generally, if a line is Ground type, and the final evo gets Scorching Sands, the prevo gets it, too. On the other hand, if a line is only partially Dark type (see Tyranitar, Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Crawdaunt, Drapion, technically Umbreon), and the final evo gets Lash Out, the prevo generally does not get Lash Out. There is one exception in Pancham, but I'm going to go with the majority here.
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)

Same as Colossoil, as I feel everything here fits.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Evolves at Lv. 35.
Relatively standard method yet a decently high level as detailed by MrDollSteak's stat sub, with the level being the depth of the upper mantle in km.

1 Leer
1 Peck
2 Horn Attack
3 Bite
5 Mud-Slap
8 Rapid Spin
13 Fury Attack
18 Strength
24 Knock Off
30 High Horsepower
36 Body Slam
43 Bounce
51 Stockpile
51 Swallow
51 Spit Up
59 Crunch
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM85 Snarl
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR75 Stone Edge
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press
Scorching Sands (IOA)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Ler
Peck
Horn Attack
Bite
Mud-Slap
Rapid Spin
Fury Attack
Strength
Knock Off
High Horsepower
Body Slam
Bounce
Stockpile
Swallow
Spit Up
Crunch
Double-Edge
Fake Out
Fissure
Flail
Sucker Punch
Hyper Beam
Dig
Screech
Rest
Rock Slide
Snore
Protect
Attract
Sandstorm
Facade
Brick Break
Rock Tomb
Sand Tomb
U-turn
Payback
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Round
Retaliate
Bulldoze
Snarl
Brutal Swing
Earthquake
Substitute
Endure
Sleep Talk
Encore
Iron Tail
Taunt
Superpower
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Stone Edge
Foul Play
Drill Run
Body Press
Scorching Sands
Toxic
Double Team
Torment
Swagger
Confide
Mimic
Wide Guard
Aqua Tail
Block
Rock Smash
Ancient Power

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Horn Attack
10 Bite
16 Mud-Slap
21 Rapid Spin
26 Fury Attack
32 Strength
37 Knock Off
42 Body Slam
46 Bounce
50 Stockpile
50 Swallow
50 Spit Up
55 Crunch

Evolves at Level 44

Decided on Level 44 since I figured that it would be the most appropriate for Dorsoil to evolve in the mid 40s (Has a high BST for a NFE itself, Colossoil has a pretty high BST, and the larger Pokemon tend to evolve later on). It also just happens to fit into the Level-Up pattern that I choose for the moves fairly nicely. Speaking of which, after Level 44 (The Level that Dorsoil would evolve), I decided to just slow down the pattern from 5-5-6 to 4-4-5 just so it still has a nice looking pattern while still learning its moves earlier than Colossoil. As for cut moves, I cut Drill Run (Evolution Move), High Horsepower (Presumably a Heart Scale Move), Giga Impact (Not fully evolved), Horn Drill and Megahorn (No horn on Dorsoil). While I would have loved to remove Horn Attack due to the lack of a horn, I feel as if the move is just learned too early for there to be any suitable replacement on Dorsoil. Peck and Fury Attack are fine though, considering you could very easily argue that Dorsoil's shovel fins are very sharp.
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)

Same as Colossoil.
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM97 Brutal Swing

Removed Hyper Beam and Giga Impact (Not fully evolved), Smart Strike (No horn plus most Pokemon who learn the move anyways tend to be fully evolved), and Snarl (Most non-Dark types that learn it are either fully evolved or are based on felines, which Dorsoil is neither).
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR75 Stone Edge
TR81 Foul Play
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press

Removed Drill Run since we have no horn. Originally I was going to remove Stone Edge since a lot of Ground-Types don't learn it until they are fully evolved, but Stone Edge grants Dorsoil more opportunities to score OHKOs against Vullably than Rock Slide does, so I figured it would be helpful for its viability in CAP LC. Plus, there are some cases of non-fully evolved Ground-Types getting the move (Gible, Sandile, Sandygast) so I just figured why the hell not.

Reference Calcs (Hippopotas is used in place of Dorsoil since they have the same Type and Attack stat):

252 Atk Hippopotas Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Vullaby: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Hippopotas Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Guts Hippopotas Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Vullaby: 22-28 (95.6 - 121.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Guts Hippopotas Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Hippopotas Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Vullaby: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Hippopotas Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Guts Hippopotas Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Vullaby: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Guts Hippopotas Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Scorching Sands

Removed Lash Out since a lot of Pokemon who evolve into Dark-Types tend to not get the move until they evolve.
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)

Didn't remove anything since I felt it all fit.
Ancient Power
Aqua Tail
Attract
Bite
Block
Body Press
Body Slam
Bounce
Brick Break
Brutal Swing
Bulldoze
Confide
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Dig
Dive
Double Team
Double-Edge
Earth Power
Earthquake
Encore
Endure
Facade
Fake Out
Fire Fang
Fissure
Flail
Foul Play
Fury Attack
High Horsepower
Horn Attack
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Leer
Mimic
Mud-Slap
Payback
Peck
Protect
Rain Dance
Rapid Spin
Rest
Retaliate
Roar
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb
Rollout
Round
Sand Tomb
Sandstorm
Scorching Sands
Screech
Sleep Talk
Snore
Spit Up
Stockpile
Stone Edge
Strength
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Sunny Day
Superpower
Swagger
Swallow
Taunt
Thunder Fang
Torment
Toxic
U-turn
Wide Guard

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
You guys have 24 hours to finish these off!

Please make sure you double check your movepools!

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Evolves at Level 39

Most Ground-type evolve around the low-to-mid 30s, but considering CAP's naturally inflated evolution numbers among other things, it makes sense to aim just a bit higher for something like Colossoil. After a bit of consideration, I ended up settling on Level 39, as that leaves a very solid number to end on while not being too ridiculous for a Ground type. Level 40 actually felt a bit too...even for Colossoil, although that is a pretty subjective statement. Overall it meshes well with fellow two-stagers Tyrunt, Amaura, Foongus, and most importantly Scraggy.

1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Bite
10 Mud-Slap
16 Rapid Spin
21 Sand Tomb
26 Strength
32 Knock Off
37 Body Slam
42 Bounce
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
53 Crunch

Ugh this level up

Keeping level progression the same since I think it'll just be a pain to change the progression itself since its a weird one.

Dorsoil is extremely irritating in that it has no horn despite Colossoil learning like a billion horn-based moves. I think keeping them for the most part is really weird since other Pokemon like Ponyta that don't have horns don't get the horn moves that their evos receive. Megahorn and Horn Drill are easy removals since they are right at the end of the progression whilst also helping remove Giga Impact in the process, but the early horn moves make things more complicated. While Peck can be handwaved due to the Maraenie having it without any majorly applicable horn, I struggled much more with Horn Attack and Fury Attack. Eventually, I decided that cutting Horn Attack from the movepool and replacing Fury Attack with a different move from its other areas would make the most sense. Said move ended up being Sand Tomb from its Gen 8 TM list, which I think makes the most sense considering its dex entries on spewing sand. It also helps alleviate an awkward level-up where the only Ground-type move it gets before evolution is Mud-Slap, which is really sad.
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)

Whoop dee doo, obviously this wasn't going to change.
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce

TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM85 Snarl
TM97 Brutal Swing

Cut Hyper Beam and Giga Impact for being near-universally fully evolved exclusive. Also chose to cut Smart Strike, as I think it lacks the specific instrument to really use the move effectively.
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press

Cut Stone Edge since a surprisingly large number of prevo Grounds don't get it before evolution unless you got a new evolution later one, which I think Dorsoil would follow. This number has actually expanded in Gen 5 and onward, but as an honorary Gen 4 mon I think sticking with this tradition works for Dorsoil. Everything else fits either Dorsoil large number of Dark-moves or common distribution through Ground-types without any real reasoning for exception. Drill Run stays mostly on semantics, since it doesn't neccesitate a horn more than just spinning your body like a drill, which Dorsoil should be able to do fine.

Body Slam was mentioned as not being TR despite knowing it in its level-up, so that was added in the movepool updates thread and I choose to also add it as well. Crunch also falls into this area (TR32 for reference), but was not fixed in movepool thread, so I think it would be consistent to add it in here as well.
Scorching Sands

As many Dark-type moves it has, I don't think it works to still have Lash Out. Skorupi doesn't get it whilst Drapion does, and considering its similar gen 4 roots and seemingly more friendly demeanor I think it fits to have Dorsoil follow that.
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)

Keeping the same, I think they all work fine.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
So cause I forgot to make this earlier, you guys get about another 20 hours or so...

Cause I am sleep mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)