CaP Prevos - CaP 28 Prevo - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Fangrunt

Fang + Runt, suggestive of Fragrant

Pronounced: "FANG-runt"
IPA: / ˈfeɪŋ rʌnt /

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Grubnaw

A combination of "grub" and "gnaw"

Pronounced: GrubNAW
IPA: grəbnɑ

Reasoning behind the name is pretty simple, grub is another word for insect larva and gnaw means to, well, gnaw. I figured since Miasmaw is probably gonna be taking chunks out of its prey with that massive maw, its prevo can only "gnaw" at what the parents bring back.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Aromaw

Aroma + maw

Pronounced: "uh-ROE-maw"
IPA: əɹoʊmɔ

This name seemed the more popular out of the two. :) As described in the last post, Aromaw -> Miasmaw is a thematic and punny transition, with an aroma evolving into a miasma.

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Smaw

A combination of smog, maw and small. Also a shortening of Miasmaw.

Pronounced: SMAH
IPA: smɑ

Final Submission

Pneumaw

Combination of pneuma (Greek for “breath,” origin of the word “pneumatic”) and maw.

Pronounced: noo-maw
IPA: ˈnumɔ

I chose this name for Miasmaw’s prevo because pneuma and miasma are counterparts: both words come from ancient Greece, and were the basis for outdated medical beliefs. Pneuma was believed to be a divine substance in the air that encouraged health, whereas miasma was bad air that caused disease.

Final Submission

Larvyrn

larva + wyvern

Pronounced: LAR - vern

as straightforward as it gets- larva being the immature form of a bug and wyvern being another name for dragon

Final Submission

Jawpion

A combination of "Jaw" + "Scorpion".

Pronounced: "JAW-pee-un"

Its a scorpion with a jaw theme

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Reekle

A combination of "Reek" + "Beetle".

Pronounced: "Ree-kuhll"

I don't have too much to say here; I like when Pokemon names are simple and to-the-point. Reekle manages both while also being cute!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Nymfang

Nymph + Fang

Pronounced: "nim-FANG"

Nymphs are immature insects that look similar to their adult forms sans wings, while fangs are kinda self explanatory

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualified users:
  • Plague von Karma - posted before final submissions were opened, description too long.
  • EnderTheWorld - posted before final submissions were opened, name too long, name not bolded.
Everyone else advances to poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)