Tournament CAP Metagame Forum Tournament Queue and Tournament Approval Thread

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: CAP UU Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me

Tournament Time Frame: I would like to start this sometime this month, I'm not sure on the end date, that depends on how many people sign up. But it shouldn't be very long, because it will be Single Elimination.

Host experience: CapTT 3, Multiple seasonals and both CAP Ladder Tours.

Tournament Description: The first CAP UU Forum Tour

Tournament Style: Standard Single Elimination Tournament.
Tournament Banlist: The Ruleset for this tournament can be found here
Tournament Justification: This tournament is just a fun experiment honestly. With CAP UU peaking the interest of some people, I thought this would be a great time to start the tournament.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Tournament Name: Fall Seasonals

Tournament Hosts: Myself and Drapionswing

Tournament Time Frame: 1-2 months

Host Experience: Drap has CAPTT 3, other seasonals, and CLTs, I have Hit it and Quit It

Description: First of the seasonal set to determine Champions Cup qualifiers

Style: Single Elim Bo3

Banlist: Standard CAP Ruleset

Tournament Justification: "Give a competition much like Smogtours to help newer players get noticed when it comes around to CAPTT or whatever else we have. Also helps to get some quality replays, high level matches, and metagame development."

Tournament Name: CAP LC First Blood Tournament
Tournament Host(s):
Marjane

Tournament Time Frame: Sign Ups will go up as soon as approved, the tournament will start around mid September and should be about 6 weeks max.

Host experience: CAP First Blood Tournament

Tournament Description: Regular CAP LC game except game is determined when the first Pokemon faints.

Tournament Style: Bo3, Single Elimination
Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP LC Ruleset
Tournament Justification: Haven't had a CAP LC tournament yet, a First Blood tournament would be a great way for people to encourage playing the tier while majorly having fun and exploring new techs.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
Tournament Name: Official CAP Tournament 1

Tournament Hosts: Myself as of now

Tournament Time Frame: 1-2 months, April of 2019

Host Experience: CapTT 3, Multiple seasonals and both CAP Ladder Tours.

Description: A simple single elimination CAP Tour, winning this will grant entry into the CAP HoF.

Tournament Justification: Currently in CAP there is a push to develop the competitive scene, however with only two big tournaments a year (CAPTT and Champions Cup) I'd like to present a biyearly CAP Tour to help in encourage and stimulate this goal.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
Tournament Name: Winter Seasonals

Tournament Hosts: Myself

Tournament Time Frame: 1-2 months

Host Experience: CapTT 3, Multiple seasonals and both CAP Ladder Tours.

Description: Second of the seasonal set to determine Champions Cup qualifiers

Tournament Justification: "Give a competition much like Smogtours to help newer players get noticed when it comes around to CAPTT or whatever else we have. Also helps to get some quality replays, high level matches, and metagame development."

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: CAP OM Mashups Tour

Tournament Host: me

Tournament Time Frame: One week sign up period, one week rounds, tour should probably last about a month or less depending on signups.

Host experience: Hosted a single CAP Monotype tour a year ago, and since then I have helped run the Pet Mods Grand Slam. Also have hosted some smaller tournaments around both OMs and Pet Mods, and was a cohost of a team for OM Snake Draft.

Tournament Description: Single Elimination, bo3 style tour. Each metagame (Between CAP STABmons, CAP MnM and CAP Monotype) would constitute a different match up.

Tournament Justification: Thanks to recent efforts of my pal and coder charizard8888 , CAP OMs are now for the first time playable. I'd like to take advantage of this and start a tour based around these metagames. CAP OMs are a fun and unexplored niche that are now for the first time able to be played withput the use of custom battle. These metagames would benefit from a tour to help them develop since otherwise they wouldn't happen in more main CAP major tournaments.

Tournament Name: "Balanced" CAP Tour

Tournament Host(s): Jordy (not sure if anyone wants to help out, but if they do, feel free to pm me on discord)

Tournament Time Frame: One week sign up periods and one week rounds. It'll take about a month I think, depends on how many people sign up.

Host experience: I don't have a lot of hosting experience, but I'm willing to host this tour.

Tournament Style: Single elimination, BO3
Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP ruleset without Crucibellite and Necturna.
Tournament Justification: Recently people have been making outcries of how broken this meta is, mainly due to Mega Crucibelle and Necturna, which is why they will be banned from this tournament. This tournament's main purpose is for trying out a metagame without Mega Crucibelle and Necturna.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo. Myself, snake_rattler, and SHSP have hammered out the desired time frame for this year's CAPTT V. This post is meant to convey our selected timetable for CAPTT V, so that users and other interested groups can use this information to plan ahead.

Starting with the timetable, we traditionally host CAPTT in the summer to best accommodate the large number of students, both highschool and college, in our community. Ideally, we'll aim for the start of June to begin the first round of the tournament. Another consideration we had was CAP 26- we want to host the CAPTT V after CAP 26 has finished and the playtest has started. Luckily, CAP 26 has started at a time that should allow us to hit our goal of an early June start to matches, assuming CAP 26 is completed in a similar amount of time to past projects. If not, then the tournament will be pushed back to accommodate CAP 26 and the CAP community. Note that sign ups and the drafting phase will be allowed to overlap the CAP process if need be; we just don't want to force players to choose between CAP 26 and CAPTT V participation. Here is the preliminary time frame we've settled on:

Draft will be held sometime between Thursday May 16 and Sunday June 2, depending on schedules of captains and assistant managers.

Round one starts Monday June 3.
Aside from this time frame, nothing else has been decided upon at this time. CAPTT will not be for another ~four months, and the details surrounding the tour will be decided in the months leading up to it. A host has not been selected yet. Captains and assistant managers have not been selected yet. Formats have not been decided on, and the exact number of teams we plan to field has not been finalized. In short, every detail about CAPTT outside of the desired time frame has not been selected, and will not be selected for at least several months.

As the desired time frame closes in on us, we'll make sure to keep the community informed as to what decisions have been made and what to expect from this CAPTT. Until then, please bear with us in the wait and enjoy CAP 26.

Also I'd just like to say that this isn't an invitation to nominate yourself for a captain or assistant manager position. We'll figure that stuff out later on, so don't spend the next four months asking us if you can captain.

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: Gen 6 CAP Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Myself.

Tournament Time Frame: One week for signups followed by one week rounds. Number of rounds will be dependent on sign ups but I'm expecting about a month in length. Signups will go up tomorrow.

Host experience: I've hosted CAP tours in the past, most recently I hosted the CAP 24 playtest and finished up the CAP Winter Seasonal for Drapionswing.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3
Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP ORAS banlist. In addition, Aurumoth will be banned.
Tournament Justification: I want to have at least one ORAS tournament this year before CAPTT rolls around, as well as to get more people accustomed to a metagame without Aurumoth with last year's CAPTT decision in mind.

Tournament Name: CAP LC Tournment

Tournament Host(s):
Myself

Tournament Time Frame: One week for sign up, one week per round, sign up will start 4 or 5 days when this torunament gets approved

Host experience: I have hosted succesfull CAP Doubles tourment and nostatgia for ORAS and I was a manager for CAPTT IV wich my team got second place

Tournament Description: a standar CAP LC tournament

Tournament Style: Single elimination
Tournament Banlist: Standar CAP LC banlist
Tournament Justification: Prepare CAP LC players for the next cap tt or to atach more people to this metagame

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: CAP UU Tournament - Next Edition

Tournament Host(s):
Me

Tournament Time Frame: My exams start this week and end sometime in mid May, so a tenative date of May 12 sounds good to me. Should last as long as these tours do being sing elim, so roughly a month.

Host experience: Couple offshoot CAP Tours here and there.

Tournament Description: The second CAP UU Forum Tour

Tournament Style: Standard Single Elimination Tournament.
Tournament Banlist: The Ruleset for this tournament can be found here
Tournament Justification: After the rousing success of the first tour, both CAP and UU, its base metas, have changed, with UU's line up shifting up gaining and losing plenty of threats. At the same time, shifts in CAP have seen the introduction of several never before seen CAP Pokemon in the CAP UU metagame, which would lead to a new and fresh meta waiting for exploration. (Also people want to have legitimate reasons to use GodSnael on teams.)

May or may not have copied Drapionswing 's proposal

Tournament Name: CAP Live Tour

Tournament Host(s): me

Tournament Time Frame: Since the tour will be like the official Smogon Tour, each round will be live so I post a signups thread and
people have to signup really fast! Signup threads will start tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. This will happen every week until June 9, 2019

Host experience:
Well, I have volunteered a lot to try and help tiers more better but the Forum Mods didn't
really needed help at the time. But! I found Lutra and FOMG, they gave me permit to host a RoA VotW since
all the other tiers have one but RoA doesn't so it means I have gave something to RoA which can help with the
tours that are occurring rn. Also, I did find another Forum Mod named Vid, since he is my friend, he knows I can
help with their ongoing stuff right now.

The CAP Tour is a series of Live Tournaments starting this time on a certain day. The format is the same as usual, consisting of the 2 most recent CAP generations (SM CAP, and ORAS CAP in this very order). The Live part of the tournaments will last 6 weeks where everyone will earn a certain amount of points according to their weekly performances. Once this phase is over, we'll move to Playoffs with the 16 best players of the tournament. The winner of the CAP Live Tour will obtain....I am not sure but I will be asking Forum Mod

As usual, all the tournaments will take place on the CAP PS! room. The times at which they will start are unchanged and are as follow:
  • 6 pm EDT on Fridays.
  • 4 pm EDT on Saturdays.
  • 2 pm EDT on Sundays.
Remember that you can only join two tours per week. You cannot make a new account to circumvent the rule either. Also, you are not allowed to ask for wins, offer wins, throw games or interfere in other people's battles (ghosting them or their opponent). Nor are you allowed to insult your opponent, spectators and especially not the host.
Tournament Style: The tour is like Smogon Tour, so here is the link to it: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-tour-27.3647990/
Tournament Banlist: The current CAP Banlist is in effect, here is it: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/cap/
Tournament Justification: I hope the CAP Live Tour helps people train their CAP skills and bring them to the test. I think lots of
people will signup, I mean...Smogon Tour gots lots of people, so I am hoping to get lots of people as well

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
yo majority.

I like the idea but have a couple of issues with how you presented your post. I noticed you just copied and pasted the Smogon Tour OP without adapting it to the CAP metagame in a substantial way. Please put some time and effort into your proposal, and if you plan to base any post off the work of someone else's (in this case the OP you ripped from), you must credit them in some way.

Onto the content criticisms:

First off, I need an actual date for when the tour would be starting and dates for your sign up threads. This is to prove you're not only committed to hosting the tour but that you've planned it out accordingly.

Secondly, it would be far easier to host the tours in the CAP PS room instead of smogtours so that myself and the CAP room mods can manage the live tour aspect of this. This would be preferable as it would help bolster activity in the CAP room, and is easier to coordinate on our end. Also, this is another reason why I will need a concrete schedule beforehand.

Third, only forum mods, in this case the CAP forum mods, have the authority to infract and ban people. Please remove the part that threatens infractions or bans as those actions will be made at the discretion of CAP moderators and not an arbitrary rule in a tour.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think the name should just be CAP Live Tour since this tournament was not coordinated by CAP mods or eligible for the CAP Hall of Fame. Depending on how the tour turns out we can talk about making this tour a fixture in the CAP tour scene, but until then I'd leave out "Official" from the title.

If you're still willing to host this tour, please rectify the issues I pointed out above and post the updated proposal here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)