Tournament CAP Metagame Forum Tournament Queue and Tournament Approval Thread

Tournament Name: CAP SM DOUBLES
Tournement Host: Me
Tournament Time Frame: Signups run Monday, June 26th to Friday, June 30th. Battles for Round 1 begin the week when the signup ends

Host experience: In tournaments I don't have much experience, but I have made some events for Spanish servers: I made a Halloween event for Ultimate (a Spanish server), for instance. Also, I am very responsible with this sort of project.

Tournament Description: A Doubles tournament to practice and popularize this underrepresented metagame.

Tournament style: BO3 Single Elimination

Tournament Banlist: Standard SM DOU banlist plus standard CAP banlist.

Tournament Justification: To practice for the CAP TT, to try to revive this meta and push it to the next level.

Tournament Name: CAP CUPdates
Tournament Host(s): Myself, cohosted by Reviloja753, 'cause she wanted to host the first iteration of this.

Tournament Time Frame: Hopefully a month, with each round taking a week. I will begin the first Saturday after every update is finished, finalized, and coded into PS! Don't worry, I've been keeping close tabs on the process. Signups would last 4 days, or until we have 32 players. I'd like this to be a big tournament, kicking off the new generation of Create-A-Pokemon, and giving everybody a chance to explore these new Pokemon.

Host experience: Nothing official on Smogon, but I have organized 2 school dodgeball team tournaments, and countless video game tournaments. Just the other day, I organized and ran a Mario Party tournament. You read that right. I had to figure out how to turn Mario Party into a tournament. And it was great. I've also kept up with all of the CAP updates, and participated in most of the updates. I feel like I would be well prepared for a large-scale tournament.

Tournament Description:
  • Style: CAP Single Elimination
  • Banlist: Standard CAP and OU banlist, after these new updates.
  • Justification: The next CAPTT is going to be with these new updates, and a large tournament would give many people the chance to experience and experiment with new teams and new strategies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Tournament Name: Summer Seasonal
Tournament Host(s): Me and / or anyone that wants to host it this time

Tournament Time Frame: Early July ---> Dependent on participants

Host experience: Did last season

Tournament Description: Much like other seasonals there will be four of these tournaments. After 4 seasonals the top 16 with the highest amount of accumulated points be able play in "champions cup" tournament that will able to showcase high level CAP matches

Tournament Style: Double Elimination, BO3
Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP Ruleset
Tournament Justification: Give a competition much like Smogtours to help newer players get noticed when it comes around to CAPTT or whatever else we have. Also helps to get some quality replays, high level matches, and metagame development.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Summer Seasonal Approved (Take Azelfie), CAP SM Doubles Approved (Airwind). People playing in CAP Doubles should ask a room driver or higher to create a room tour for the match, since I think that's the only way matches can be played in non-custom game where cheating is possible.

Other tours not approved since they are redundant with the ones approved (seasonals essentially is a more spiffy CUPdates). OM Entourage is essentially unplayable due to server restrictions.

Post made by arcade
Tournament Name: America vs The world
Tournement Host: Me and Escoffier
Tournament Time Frame: Signups will be open when we get 16, 24 or 36 for equal team. The tour will have 5 rounds one round will have 1 week and 3 days to battle

Host experience: I hosted SM CAP DOUBLES
Tournament Description:
Name:
Airwind
GMT: -3
Then after we got all the people for all the world and America we see if we got the same people if we see that is equal we can made each round every user have to fight for example:
Round one
America user 1 vs World user1
America user 2 vs World user2
America user 3 vs World user3
America user 4 vs World user4
America user 5 vs World user5
America user 6 vs World user6
America user 7 vs World user7
America user 8 vs World user8

Round two:
America user 3 vs World user 5
America user 2 vs World user 6
America user 6 vs World user1
America user 3 vs World user4
America user 5 vs World user5
America user 7 vs World user1
America user 4 vs World user2
America user 1 vs World user3

All round are randomized and the tournament will have 5 rounds in total
Tournament style: BO3 Team Tournament. The winner will be the team who got more wins in the 5 rounds

Tournament Banlist: USUM CAP banlist

Tournament Justification: To see what continent domian CAP

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In regards to the above, I don't believe we have enough people to field enough teams for the countries involved. We could maybe get a US team, but getting multiple teams from other countries seems like a stretch. Also, I'm *assuming* you meant a team tournament but sadly the tournament description doesn't actually have information on how matches would be played so I don't even know. So uh, please include more information.

Tournament Name: Hit It And Quit It Tournament

Tournament Hosts: ItzViper482 and SHSP

Tournament Time Frame: Each round of this tournament will last a week. The tournament can start whenever is desired after captt with the sooner being the better. Although SHSP has not hosted a tournament on smogon, he has participated in a number of tours in CAP and understands how tournament hosting goes along with being very active.

Host Expirence: I have hosted a suspect tour in lc (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-suspect-tour-drifloon-is-not-banned-won-by-star.3576015/) and understand the fundementals of tournament hosting.

Tournament Description: In the first round of this tournament, the battles are standard SM CAP, but in each subsequent round, players can only use pokemon they have not used in each past round. A list of each player's used mons will be kept up to date for any to see, including their opponents, by the hosts. As time goes on the best of the best who make it to finals are forced to use unexplored mons that would otherwise not be used. This tour causes all the participants to think creativly in the later rounds and forces them to conserve pokemon if they wish them later.

tour idea stolen from coconut

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: Autumn Seasonal
Tournament Host(s): Me

Tournament Time Frame: 1/2 - 2 months after Summer SSNL ends

Host experience: CapTT, Cap Ladder Tour, Spring Seasonal

Tournament Description: Much like other seasonals there will be four of these tournaments. After 4 seasonals the top 16 with the highest amount of accumulated points be able play in "champions cup" tournament that will able to showcase high level CAP matches

Tournament Style: Double Elimination, BO3
Tournament Justification: Give a competition much like Smogtours to help newer players get noticed when it comes around to CAPTT or whatever else we have. Also helps to get some quality replays, high level matches, and metagame development.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: USUM CAP Opener

Tournament Host(s): cbrevan

Tournament Time Frame: The starting time isn't set yet, but it'll be promptly after the CAP 23 playtest, whenever and whatever that may be, if at all. I considered starting it immediately, but I really don't want any conflict with a potential playtest tournament. Waiting for the official release of Pajantom will also let the tournament take place in a metagame that will be closer to it's stabilized state. Tournament rounds will last one week each. Number of rounds will depend on number of signups, as will the end date.

Host experience: I'm a CAP roomowner and metagame subforum project mod, and long time contributor to the metagame. I don't have any prior experience hosting tournaments for Smogon, but I do have experience with single, double, and round robin style bracketing IRL.

Tournament Description: Tournament will be a Double Elimination tour with the standard rules and such. Everyone plays for themselves- no partners or teams. Banlist will follow the USUM CAP metagame banlist at the time of signups, as well as any bans that occur during the course of the tournament. The reasoning behind this tournament is to give the USUM CAP metagame a jumpstart with an early tournament, which should lead to some innovation over the course of the tour. I also want the first USUM CAP forum tour to be a plain tournament, no gimmicks to get in the way of the new toys. If nothing else, it'll give everyone a competitive place to test the new additions outside of roomtours and the ladder. I expect the tournament to draw a large number of people because who doesn't want to try out new toys?

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Tournament Name: CAP only Tournament
Tournament Host(s): Me AKA Cofaiclus

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-Ups will start Somewhere around the end of November or start of December. I will take around 48 to 64 people. Sign-Ups will close in 1 week. When sign-ups end I will take a few minutes/hours to get the rounds organized and then round 1 will start. each round will go for 1 week. The tour might take a month depending on how long the people take to finish their games

Host experience: I don't have any hosting experience myself I've always wanted to host a tournament when Tournament where a thing and I have also recently been in both OU and Ubers USUM release tournament but I lost in the 1st round in both of them which is unfort

Tournament Description: Provide a general description for your tournament that includes: Standard Tournament rules apply, make sure to PM or post replays to me or in the thread and the most important rule YOU MAY ONLY USE CAP POKEMON AND IF YOU DON'T USE CAP POKEMON YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

Tournament Style: It will be a double elimination
Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP Ruleset Apply, however. Crucibellite will be banned in this Tournament
Tournament Justification: to successfully accomplish completing the whole tournament. And because there are not that many CAP mons to choice from so it will be hard and interesting to join for
I'm very confused. First off, we already have a lot of trouble with "CAPslock" on the ladder, where everyone packs up 6 CAPmons and makes it look like our metagame requires you to make teams of 6 CAPmons, which isn't the case at all. I don't like the idea of relaying the "CAPslock" team idea that much because it gives an inaccurate look into our metagame. People are certainly allowed to use six CAPmons, but it just impresses that bad image onto the metagame, if that makes sense.

Second, why is Crucibellite banned? Crucibelle-Mega IS a CAPmon, so I don't really see the point to this restriction.

Third, I just don't find this tournament very interesting. You've got a very narrow amount of "good" teams you can make, and any creativity forced from this tournament doesn't amount to anything in the actual metagame because you're focusing on beating other CAPmons rather than the OU + CAPmon list.

Tournament Name: Nostalgia For ORAS
Tournement Host: Me
Tournament Time Frame: Signups are going to be be open for a week. Round 1 begin the week when the signup ends
Host experience: I hosted CAP SM DOUBLES tournament

Tournament Description: Is a tournament of ORAS CAP
Tournament style: BO3 Single Elimination

Tournament Banlist: Standard ORAS CAP banlist

Tournament Justification: Most of people Join in CAP in the period of time of ORAS and have a tournament for have fun and memories of the last gen

EPICflygon ( '-')>

Banned deucer.
So i left CAP for awhile and after starting to host Duelyst tournaments i have new found motivation to pitch for this again.

Tournament name: CAP draft tournament (or CDT)
Tournament host: me, i'm willing to let others co-host if they wan't to.
Tournament Time Frame: Sign ups will be one week long, drafting will be 2 days longs, round 1 will begin when drafting ends and the tournament will last at least a month after that.
Host Experience: I host a weekly Duelyst robin round tournament which has in game prizes and the devs support it. (i can provide evidence if needed.)

Tournament Description: CDT is a draft tournament with CAP mons.
Tournament Style: BO3 (no elimination)

Tournament Banlist: Aegislash, Arceus, (Speed Boost) Blaziken, Blaziken-Mega, Darkrai, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Genesect (all forms), Gengar-Mega, Giratina (all forms), Groudon (All forms), Ho-Oh, Kangaskhan-Mega, Kyogre (all forms), kyurem-white, Lucario-Mega, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo (All megas and normal), Necrozma (All forms except normal), Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza (normal and mega), Reshiram, Salamence-Mega, Shaymin-Sky, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde (complete) those are all the banned ubers, and here are the others (Protean) Greninja, Ash-Greninja, Latias-Mega, Latios-Mega.

Tournament Justification: This will be the first ever draft based CAP tournament and peoplehave shown interest in this.

Other notes: Here is the spreadsheet for the tier list of mons https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYeSOhg2AaXAWs4tmyBcLqpn2v9km_Bk0uzNk6NioTk/edit?usp=sharing (it contains the points required to draft them), I would prefer to use a discord (Unless i can get emailed when ever someone posts in my thread), i plan to make this annual, i will go into drafting rules if asked.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: Champions Cup
Tournament Host(s): Take Azelfie & I

Tournament Time Frame: 1 Month
Host experience: CapTT3, CLT1&2, Spring Seasonal, Winter Seasonal,

Tournament Description: A 16 player tournament containing the qualifiers from the past seasonals!

Tournament Style: Single Elimination, BO3

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: CaP Monotype Tour

Tournament Time Frame: A week of signups, preferably starting after March 20. Round one would begin the week the signups end.

Host experience: I have hosted a tournament in the Other Metagames subforum, called the Tier Shift Hit It and Quit It Tour, to moderate success. I have also been heavily involved with CAP since the start of the generation, most notably submitting the winning movepools for Colossoil's and Strategem's updates.

Tournament Description: A single elimination, Bo3 style tournament.

Tournament Justification: CAP Monotype has been a completely unexplored metagame since the start of SuMo, especially since it was omitted from this generation's CAPTT. This tournament would allow us to explore and determine what is viable, what is not and what is broken. Also it probably will be tons of fun, especially if the Monotype community gets involved.

So a lot has happened since I last wanted to do this, I left the game changed accounts and now I have found a drive to continue playing mons and overall enjoy it.

Tournament name: CAP draft tournament (or CDT)
Tournament host: Me Edit: & Airwind
Tournament Time Frame: Sign ups will be one week long, drafting will be a week long, round 1 will begin when drafting ends and the tournament will last at least a month after that.
Host Experience: I host a weekly Duelyst robin round tournament which has in game prizes and the devs support it. (i can provide evidence if needed.)

Tournament Description: CDT is a draft tournament with CAP mons.
Tournament Style:
Each player are put into groups (amount is based on the amount of people who join) every player goes against each other in that group (robin round) then the top 2 (depends on the amount of players playing) of each group go into single elimination.
Format: Bo1

Tournament Banlist: http://pokepast.es/b044cb68f32484c6 Here + Anything unreleased

Tournament Justification: This will be the first ever draft based CAP tournament and people have shown interest in this.

Other notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7iZu6_dFvLiNCX2EidwRmtaoh-VX-upguV_g27LE6k/edit?usp=sharing This goes over everything and the rules https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1siENBcBsbAv-CuyHwumzXz25eQKwLpKzAle_n5BCiPM/edit?usp=sharing draft tier list.

Tagging cbrevan so he sees this quicker as you missed it last time!

Last edited:
Airwind Has said that he will be willing to co-host.

Some other notes that have come up: The tournament has a maximum capacity of 16 players for this reason if at least 8 more players join if there is 16 players, I will have to have 2 separate divisions on the tournament.

I will also ask for exceptions allowing me and Airwind to participate even though we host as match-ups will be chosen randomly. As well as that it is unfair to disallow the hosts of a draft league from participating as they can't decide the tier list if they can't participate as draft plays wildly different from constructed Smogon format I.E Amoongus is OU but would be placed in T4 in draft league as its performance is sub-par.

Tournament Name: CAP Gods Amongst Men Tourney

Tournament Time Frame: A week of signups, hopefully starting after July 10. Round one would begin the week the signups end, or the week after.

Host experience: I run the Pet Mod Fusion Evolution, which I took over from G-Luke.

Tournament Description: A single elimination, Bo3 style tournament that can change to Double Elimination depending on entrants. Each round, a different Pokemon will be unbanned for that round only, allowing people to use it in their matches. The Pokemon to potentially be unbanned is randomized, although I will cut out certain Pokemon that are obviously broken from the pool (think Phero, Naganadel, Mega Blaziken depending). After a round has finished, the Pokemon cannot be selected again.

Tournament Justification: Somewhat recently, people in PRC have been considering giving CAP a seperate banlist from OU. This is due to threats in OU that are nowhere near as good in CAP, with the most notable example being Mega Metagross. This tourney would give a bit of insight as to how Pokemon like Mega Metagross and Blaziken would fare in CAP, helping PRC make a more informed decision. Even if it doesn't result in anything with that, it still would be a fun tourney regardless.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: CAP Gods Amongst Men Tourney

Tournament Time Frame: A week of signups, hopefully starting after July 10. Round one would begin the week the signups end, or the week after.

Host experience: I run the Pet Mod Fusion Evolution, which I took over from G-Luke.

Tournament Description: A single elimination, Bo3 style tournament that can change to Double Elimination depending on entrants. Each round, a different Pokemon will be unbanned for that round only, allowing people to use it in their matches. The Pokemon to potentially be unbanned is randomized, although I will cut out certain Pokemon that are obviously broken from the pool (think Phero, Naganadel, Mega Blaziken depending). After a round has finished, the Pokemon cannot be selected again.

Tournament Justification: Somewhat recently, people in PRC have been considering giving CAP a seperate banlist from OU. This is due to threats in OU that are nowhere near as good in CAP, with the most notable example being Mega Metagross. This tourney would give a bit of insight as to how Pokemon like Mega Metagross and Blaziken would fare in CAP, helping PRC make a more informed decision. Even if it doesn't result in anything with that, it still would be a fun tourney regardless.
So there wont be a Ultra Necrozma round? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)