Project CAP Ladder Achievements

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
20221222_214232.jpg

Approved by spoo
Concept and a lot of the OP stolen from various ROA ladder challenges.
Welcome to CAP Ladder Achievements! It's no secret that CAP ladder has historically been very inactive, so this is an attempt to remedy that somewhat. This thread will give ladder players a variety of challenges to attempt and will keep records of their success.

Rules
  1. All battles must take place on the gen9 CAP ladder on Showdown.
  2. Please give proof that you completed the challenge to validate your achievement (mostly, screenshots of the rating reached/you owning the account a la Suspect Test).
  3. You can get several achievements from the same battle/account, and you are generally encouraged to post them by batch to avoid flooding the thread if you are chaining them up. I'll like your post once I've taken it into account.
  4. Achievements can be submitted in PM to me if you want the account you used to remain inconspicuous; I will be posting them in the thread (giving your Smogon username) myself. Please only do it as little as possible though; it's less fun.
  5. Past performances will not be counted, you must use a new account; any submission needs to be verifiable on the server (by checking at the rank, WL and such) at the moment they are posted.
  6. Any Platinum achiever in Ability, Knowledge, and Tactics can submit a new record beyond the Platinum standard that will be displayed in the table's first line.
  7. Naturally, don't try to cheat, i.e by submitting an achievement with an account that's not yours and yours alone. This is for fun and to encourage ladder activity, there's literally no reason to cheat and we will mock you if you do. You've been warned.
  8. Achievement levels will be subject to change, especially in the early days.

Metric Challenges
:ss/tomohawk:
Brave Achievement
:ss/Aurumoth:
Ability Achievement
:ss/Equilibra:
Knowledge Achievement
:ss/stratagem:
Tactics Achievement
Reach a certain rank!Get a certain GXE!*Get a certain elo!Get a certain winstreak!**
Platinum: 1st
Gold: Top 3
Silver: Top 10
Bronze: Top 20
Platinum: 86
Gold: 83
Silver: 80
Bronze: 77
Platinum: 1600
Gold: 1550
Silver: 1500
Bronze: 1450
Platinum: 30
Gold: 25
Silver: 20
Bronze: 15
*GXE confidence interval must be below 50 e.g. 1650 ± 45 would be valid while 1650 ± 55 would not.
**Easiest way to sub this is an account with 0 losses or screenshot before and after the attempt, will be tough to verify otherwise.

Fun Challenges
Win 3 games against opponents of 1300 elo minimum with a team that fit one of the challenges below to complete it. Replays are required for all of these, if you don't have all 3 replays it won't be verified.

:snaelstrom: Mono CAP: Win with a team of only CAPs!
:revenankh: Monotype: Win with a monotype legal team!
:caribolt: The MVP: Faint your opponents whole team with the same mon, and just for fun that mon cannot be cawmodore!*
:Syclant: Nostalgia Fan: Win with a team where all mons, including CAPs, are from the same generation! CAP generation list can be found here.
:voodoom: Underrated Hero: Win using an unranked CAP! It must hit the field at least once in the game.
:Jumbao: Avatar: Win with a team with all 4 weathers.
:breezi: Babysitter: Win with one CAP LC or NFE on the team! It must hit the field at least once in the game.
:astrolotl: Dripless: Win with 0 heavy-duty-boots users on the team! Must verify with !showteam.
:Pajantom: No Tera: Win without terastalising!
:arghonaut: Flawless Victory: Win without losing a single mon!*
*Forfeits will be dealt with on a case by case basis e.g. if you have a +6 atk +6 speed dnite and they forfeit I'll probably give it to you.

Achievement levels for fun challenges:
Platinum: complete all 10
Gold: complete 7
Silver: complete 5
Bronze: complete 3

Prizes
Anyone who gets a certain achievement level in all 5 challenges is entitled to that level prize e.g. gold in all 4 metric and in fun would get you the gold prise.

Bronze: Bronze role in CAP discord
Silver: Silver role in CAP discord + I make a team for you around a mon of your choice*
Gold: Gold role in CAP discord + I make 3 teams for you around 3 mons of your choice*
Platinum: Platinum role in CAP discord + get to pick one mod approved emote in the CAP discord.

*I do not guarantee either quality or speed but I will make the teams

D2TheW

Amadán

Win 3 games against opponents of 1300 elo minimum with a team that fit one of the challenges below to complete it. Replays are required for all of these, if you don't have all 3 replays it won't be verified.
:tymp:

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Are these still available? Right now I think that some achievements could be changed, as ladder is not as active. For example, changing elo from knowledge achievement to 1550 maximum (even lower) at least. Also, for fun challenges a lower elo is required, there's not a lot of users.
We cannot use similar numbers to other tiers as our ladder doesn't have as many players.
Doing these would encourage people to try our ladder achievements (and increase ladder activity!).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)