Tournament CAP Godly Gift - Finals [Won by cbrevan]

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thought I would list a few CAPs here that gain a lot from the new format!

:ss/krilowatt:
Krilowatt in SS CAP suffers from a distinct lack of power despite its crazy attributes; however, with a SpA gift from something like Kyogre, Mewtwo, or Pheromosa, it becomes incredibly difficult to switch into due to its coverage and ability to pivot with Volt Switch. Its Speed is a bit low for a SpA slot, but its bulk and sheer ability to annoy with Volt Switch more than makes up for it.

:ss/pyroak:
CAP's resident sub-500 BST mon and broken dino gains access to a nicely improved Speed stat. While Pyroak may seem daunting to take on, it actually is quite manageable with all the Ubers level bulk going around. I have not experimented with SpA or SpD slot roak yet, but I think SpA is not worth due to its low Speed and SpD is still probably quite punishable, especially by bulkier teams.

:ss/arghonaut:
Arghonaut, due to its already high base HP stat, is sort of an incredible choice for both Defense and Special Defense slots. I think Defense is the better option between the two; Godly Gift is no stranger to the necessity of Unaware mons, and Arghonaut outclasses Clefable by a mile with its access to Spikes and its important Water and Ice resistances.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
/challenge Godly Gift@@@ +CAP, -Cawmodore, -Caribolt

:ss/cawmodore:
Cawmodore is BANNED due to the broken nature of being gifted a boosted Attack. In serious no damage calc under consideration did this seem like a good idea to keep around.

:ss/caribolt:
Caribolt is BANNED due to the broken nature of being gifted a boosted Special Attack. Specs Galvanize Boomburst (or Magmet with Knock Off, and Grass-coverage of choice) has no clear counters. SpDef Ferrothorn cannot Leech Seed, and all Ground types fold to Grass moves. Shedinja is a victim of Knock Off easily.

We have a watchlist of the other CAP Mons. For future weeks, this banlist may expand.

Pairings:
Giga-Chandélure  vs  dex
zioziotrip  vs  Lunae-Dies
Wulfanator  vs  Clastia
singaporygon  vs  IdolCian
Xurkiyee  vs  Ducky
DerpyBoi  vs  CalebtheCoolCat33
MultiPokemon  vs  BoingK
Lasen  vs  Steam Buns
CallMeDrippyT  vs  I'm Tapu Bulu
adem  vs  avyrie
cbrevan  vs  SHSP
Eggs  vs  Career Ended
Sweet Yamato  vs  SwordIsBored
BasedWhat?  vs  shnowshner
SunMYSER  vs  txitxas
Orangex733  vs  Tanny89k
Zephyri  vs  UT
D2TheW  vs  sneakyjeans
spoo  vs  Basedburner
Mr.Bossaru  vs  shadowtime2000
Zetalz  vs  Bye 1
Da Pizza Man  vs  Bye 2
drampa's grandpa  vs  Bye 3
The Dragon Master  vs  Bye 4
  • Deadline is September 18th at 11:59 pm GMT-4.
  • As stated before, if you have and post proof of an agreed (gentleman's) best of 1, you may play the best of 1 and post the agreement instead of the default best of 3. If you're not sure if your opponent agreed, you can ask me or dex . Otherwise, it's an understood best of 3.

Last edited:

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
tags

Giga-Chandélure  vs  dex
zioziotrip  vs  Lunae-Dies
Wulfanator  vs  Clastia
singaporygon  vs  IdolCian
Xurkiyee  vs  Ducky
DerpyBoi  vs  CalebtheCoolCat33
MultiPokemon  vs  BoingK
Lasen  vs  Steam Buns
CallMeDrippyT  vs  I'm Tapu Bulu
adem  vs  avyrie
cbrevan  vs  SHSP
Eggs  vs  Career Ended
Sweet Yamato  vs  SwordIsBored
BasedWhat?  vs  shnowshner
SunMYSER  vs  txitxas
Orangex733  vs  Tanny89k
Zephyri  vs  UT
D2TheW  vs  sneakyjeans
spoo  vs  Basedburner
Mr.Bossaru  vs  shadowtime2000
Zetalz  vs  Bye 1
Da Pizza Man  vs  eu
drampa's grandpa  vs  Bye 3
The Dragon Master  vs  Bye 4

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)