CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!

Battle Capacity v04
is released!

Please check the website for the download links plus information on the game.
http://ivnbvn.com/batcap/

I look forward to seeing you online, and even if that isn't your thing, I hope you enjoy the game.

Thank you all so much for your patience and continued support!

List of Hosters
Xaqwais
Cartoons
Aquamarine
Mai
BunnyMaster
FimPhym
Viashino_wizard

FimPhym's awesome Youtube account
Mega damage combo video
Syclant combo video
Arghonaut combo video

Cyclohm combos (courtesy of Zystral)
Kitsunoh WoW trick (courtesy of -Meowth-)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I thought I'd never actually say this, but Pyroak is broken. Other than that, I find that its actually a really cool game, and I'd love the opportunity to beat up on Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, and Colossoil eventually. The controls are a bit confusing, but thats probably because I'm used to moving with arrow keys in various other games. I'll probably flip my controls just to give it a try. Also, the cutscenes are hilarious and really make the game!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Pyroak is amazing. Flamethrower makes jumping hardly an option, and energy ball means Gem's Ancientpower isn't a good strategy either. Wood Hammer means getting close can hurt as well.

I have noticed a small glitch. If you are playing as Fidgit and use one of his croutching moves, sometimes the music stops. It's not that big of a deal, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Also, Rev can take down Scylant in three hits lol.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
pretty fun once you get used to it, it's cool to see the cap mons battling it out somewhere other than on shoddy !!

As others said, Pyroak is broken as fuck >_>. Anyways, strategy time:

Syclant: The best way to use Syclant is to spam the quick attack (J), then combo up with the medium attack (K) and strong attack (L). Syclant's speed in his quick attack means when you spam it the opp has no chance to retiliate. It's even better against strong physical attackers like Pyroak, Rev and Argh.

Pyroak: Good 'ol Oak. Oak is a bulky mofo, and I just spam the strong attack since Oak can take a hit easily.

That's it so far. I'm probably going to main Oak and Ant possibly Argh; since from my experience Gem is ballsy and Rev is mediocore. I have yet to play with Fidgit though.

heh, I guess it's only fair that Pyroak would one day be (allegedly) top tier somewhere.
I'm hosting a game on the lobby at this very moment if anyone wants to join me for a few matches.

edit: Rook, try again, sometimes the server is like that and you just have to refresh.

edit2: mystery challenger. try again? i'll go to versus. rather than arcade.

edit3: I think we desynched at some point. I'll have to play around with the delay input and perhaps turn off the option that allows for spectators. Where were you located, btw?

I can't download it either, it says there is no more free dowload spaces left, and I have to get a Premium Account if I want to play it. Shame, I'll never get the chance to use this now.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can't download it either, it says there is no more free dowload spaces left, and I have to get a Premium Account if I want to play it. Shame, I'll never get the chance to use this now.
Wait for two minutes then refresh.

I'm currently downloading, almost done :D I think Stratagem will be my homeboy

EDIT: I wish people would read the posts here =/

OK, i just ran into a problem. When I tried to download this onto my other computer, the rapidshare link says I need to be a premium member to download it. Do I really need to do this?

OK, i just ran into a problem. When I tried to download this onto my other computer, the rapidshare link says I need to be a premium member to download it. Do I really need to do this?
no just keep refreshing/clicking on the link to start it again until it goes.

also same sentiments about pyroak, and I thought mine was weird but I get the exact same glitch with fidget where the music stops playing.

by the way he is extremely fun to play with just need to get snatch and earth power down.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
When I through that link it says I need to become a premium member to download it. Do I have to pay for this?
edit:
I should stop leaving windows open for 40 minutes...

Yeah, Obsessed, that was me. Where are you located? When hosting, I think I need to make sure the delay input meshes with the ping. I'll be hosting another game, this time with spectator mode off.

edit: just keep refreshing, you don't have to be a premium member.

dang, I don't play CAP, but you guys made it sound too interesting to pass on >_> I'll update this post whe I've tried this (going to download now)

edit: you should upload this somewhere else too, like Megaupload or similar. Rapidshare isn't excactly in the top ten of these kind of places

Alchemator

Idiot question here:

What do I run it in.

I've also managed to put the files somewhere I can't find them, go me D:

Alchemator, just unzip all the files in one folder and run the game.exe.

Also, who was I playing just now? We had a pretty solid connection, I think.

edit: I'm uploading the game to Megaupload right now, will the link in the first thread when it's done.

Alchemator

Alchemator, just unzip all the files in one folder and run the game.exe.

Also, who was I playing just now? We had a pretty solid connection, I think.

edit: I'm uploading the game to Megaupload right now, will the link in the first thread when it's done.
Thanks, I just found the folder through searching and am currently figuring out the title screen :D

EDIT: Got it

EDIT2: Stratagem is really fun, but I've never been much good at these games so I'm still mastering the combos, also is there any way the computer can fight back in versus mode?

Psst…also..there’s a special surprise for anyone who manages to get to the end of the game on Sweatin’ mode.
Hehe, Cartoons you little bugger. I made to the end of Sweatin' with Arghonaut and I have got to say you must've really been bored when waiting on others. I won't tell anyone, but I'm wondering if its a different boss for each character?

Also, Arghonauts grab is broken. I beat Pyroak by spamming it.

I don't think I can play against you Cartoons!

Our connection is just really bad... :(

Yes! It is working fine now. Good games thus far.

Was that you again, Obsessed? We seemed to have a good connection at first, but then it kind of sputtered out. I'm on the East Coast, so I guess you being in Florida kind of makes it difficult to establish a good connection. In any case, ggs.

Also, Elegy, I'm glad you made it to the end of Sweatin'. Unfortunately, no, the last boss is the same for everyone...but it's a concept I'm willing to take further in the future.

I'll probably have all the matches I recorded today on Youtube later this week. Thanks everyone, and I hope you enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)