CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found another glitch using Vitalimar. I was playing Breezy and I got to Stratagem, and he started on the same side as me, there was no timer, and I won after a single match.

The final boss is annoyingly glitchy; his 'stand on ground and charge up' attack stops the music and his aerial movement attack makes it possible for him to disappear off screen permanently -.-.

Against Strategem, if you knock him out with low power attacks (to no health), he gets back up (I think this is on purpose), but you can't turn around.

Additionally, I found the same bug as Woodsy; winning against Vitalimar then losing causes the game to say time and award you a draw (both win). He wins if its 1-1, but loses 1-0.

Well, I've traced the source of most of these glitches to a single source in the single player and I really regret not having caught this myself before releasing it. My apologies if the inconsistent Arcade experience hampers your enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for making these problems known, I'll spend more time testing for these bugs in the future.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ther's a sneaky combo of Cyclohm I love(Pardon me for not using the notation, but it gives me a headache, since I use different controls, seeing as I don't play online):-

Whirlwind Kick(optional) - Twister - Aerial High - Tri Attack - Aerial High - Tri Attack - Aerial High - low ThunderShock.

It works pretty well I must say.

Also C!, you ought to credit ungulateman in the credits of the next version for finding the Arghonaut clone glitch. It would be nice if you created another screen of credits, where you dredit bug testers who find massive stuff like him.

Also, there's an error in the credits: Stratagem is spelled Stratagame.

I just downloaded the game and wanted to say that it is very well done, and despite some small glitches, is a fighting game that matches even what you would find on today's game shelves. Fighting games are probably the games at which I excel at, so I can't wait to get going with this one!

And Syclant is my favorite character :3 I love working all his combos. Fighting Cyclohm sure is a doozy, too, with that twister attack of his.

I've been playing with Vitalimar until this happened and I thought I should post it

He is pretty much stuck in mid-air, while being invincible so you have to wait for it to time out..

Fought Kitsunoh as final boss (a second time) with fidget. Funny bug or grand plot from Kitsunoh (his ending would be seriously creepy if I wasn't so jaded I guess)?

Nice job on the release Cartoons! This version looks amazing now that Colossoil is in it (the best Pokemon). It's still too bad that I can't even play it, though. Do you know how to make this game work on Mac computers? I already used up my CrossOver time (the program that would let me play this), so I can't play it again.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Nice job on the release Cartoons! This version looks amazing now that Colossoil is in it (the best Pokemon). It's still too bad that I can't even play it, though. Do you know how to make this game work on Mac computers? I already used up my CrossOver time (the program that would let me play this), so I can't play it again.
Crossover is the only way to play... unless you have parallel desktops with windows installed.

That bug is known, william. It happens when Fidgit grabs someone and touches the ground at the same time. This didn't happen in the first version, but a minor change has opened the door for stuff like that. It'll be gone next time.
Until then, this is the leaky ship we've got :pirate:

Fuzznip, I've heard about this application called Wine

The way they talk about 2D Fighter Maker, it would appear it may have some trouble running the creation engine itself, but runs games made on that engine just fine.

Christ, when playing as the secret character I find it totally impossible to even get near beating Syclant. Syclant's fucking whirlwind move outranges and outprioritizes every single one of my attacks and can knock me out of midair. It's driving me up the wall.

EDIT: No, it seems I just suck balls at this game. =(

EDIT: Really, really badly. I can't win at all.

Yeah, I think some characters are just inherently at disadvantages against certain others, like most fighting games. For example, while playing through with Kitsunoh on Breezin', most of my matches were easy... and then came Collosoil who completely swept the floor with me. :(

This game is just ridiculously fun... Collosoil's character is really well developed and he has some amazing lines, cutscenes and battle animations haha

TV-Rocka, what appears to be the trouble? After you start up the BattleCapacityV03.exe you should see the title screen. Hit any button (wasd to move) and select the mode you'd like to play. If you have further problems, please send me a PM.
Thats the problem, the title screen doesn't come :/
It nothing happen?

Kitsunoh has serious problems with Vitalimar and Colossoil. I actually deleted the game in a fit of rage after losing one too many times to that frigging starfish and its overpowered throws.

Maybe I just suck at using Kit.

Dunno =/ Colossoil seems broken, I kind of swept the floor with him on sweatin'. The starfish couldn't do shit to me.

Edit: Hey, I made a video about a neat Kitsunoh ability combo I found. I do fail at it sometimes, but you get the general idea. It probably is really hard to block :O

Video

Kitsunoh has serious problems with Vitalimar and Colossoil. I actually deleted the game in a fit of rage after losing one too many times to that frigging starfish and its overpowered throws.

Maybe I just suck at using Kit.
I wouldn't over react just because the computers are too difficult. They have impossible reflexes and can execute commands instantly, so they are bound to be tough. Usually, when I get stuck (usually on Collosoil and Pyroak), I'll try to find something they keep on doing and punish it.

An example would be Collosoil's pursuit. I'll wait for it to come in and block it, and then throw. Rinse repeat. Collo's computer AI will almost always use Pursuit if you're not right next to him, so just keep on trying, and you'll eventually get it.

Woah. I had experimented with Kitsunoh, Pyroak, Syclant, and the secret character, and had barely been able to finish Breezin' with any of them, then tried Collosoil and swept through Sweatin' with ease. He hits like a megaton lorry!

Destiny Warrior

^Colossoil can be both a bed of roses and a nightmare to use, depending upon the opponent.^

Syclant and Cyclohm hit him seriously hard with their combos.

OK I believe that I have some degree of knowledge in this matter, so time for a Syclant Guide!!

Lets get notation straight- I too will be using the 1-9 numpad system- 5 is neutral, 8 is jump, 4 and 6 are back and forward, 2 is duck. So if i say 9 it means jump forward etc. A is light, B is medium, C is strong. N.(something) means when youre near the opponent. F.(something) means when you are far. W is ability and J. something means you do it while in the air. G is grab.

Firstly I highly recommend you familiarise yourself with the special controls, because those are instrumental- especially Fury Swipes and Blizzard.

(F.5M) -> 3M -> Fury Swipes Medium -> Fury Swipes Strong -> ( Blizzard -> Fury Swipes Strong (wont always connect)).
The first far medium is great for comboing into the tail swipe, but if you can get the tail swipe in regardless youre home free. The ending is probably one of th ebest ways to combo into Blizzard, since you can juggle even after the Blizzard ends.

4C -> Swords Dance Light -> Fury Swipes Light

This is a fairly simple combo which utilizes yet another of Syclant's best normal moves- Glacier Smash (back strong). What makes this even better is you can pop it in there when the opponent starts blocking low. When youre opponent is in a corner, try and keep the pressure up by alternating between Glacier Smash and 2C (trip) to whittle down the opponent and look for an opening.

Now lets combine the above two comboes-

4C -> SD Medium -> F.5M -> 3M -> Fury Swipes Medium -> Fury Swipes Strong -> (Blizzard -> Fury Swipes Strong).

Probably the longest combo Syclant can pull off: But is it really?

If you have really quick fingers, you can even try and squeeze in an Ice Shard Light right after 3M. The idea is you do 3M -> Ice Shard Light -> Dash Forward into the enemy -> and carry on with Fury Swipes. You can also pull of another Ice Shard after the first Fury Swipes Medium So essentially the full scope of the combo is-

4C -> Swords Dance Medium -> f.6M -> 3M -> Ice Shard Light -> Dash -> Fury Swipes Medium -> Ice Shard Light -> Fury Swipes Strong -> Blizzard -> Fury Swipes Strong.

@_@

It's tricky to pull off since you have a split second to pull of the Fury Swipes, but its a nice little thing to show off with ;)

Other ways to combo into Fury Swipes:

Descending j.5C -> Fury Swipes - be careful though, you need to do it on the descent or you will whiff. Another great thing about this is if you time it right, you can smack down any Fidgit / Rev / Vita jumping up to try and air grab you.

2M -> Swords Dance Medium -> 3M -> etc

I'll add some strategical tips as well, but for now Im going to make avideo showing you all this vs Sackbot and that it is indeed possible

Have fun raping!

Destiny Warrior

On second thoughts, Cyclohm's best combo:

Whirlwind Kick + Twister + Aerial Power + Tri Attack + Aerial Power + Tri Attack + Weak ThunderShock.

I haven't managed to pull off a better combo yet.

Syclant, Colossoil and Pyroak are all absolutely pro characters. They're like the Metaknight/King Dedede/Snake of CAP, to use a Brawl analogy. Sadly, I find the secret character to be one of the poorest, although his animations are awesome.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On second thoughts, Cyclohm's best combo:

Whirlwind Kick + Twister + Aerial Power + Tri Attack + Aerial Power + Tri Attack + Weak ThunderShock.

I haven't managed to pull off a better combo yet.
I've managed to string a combo even longer;
Whirlwind Kick, Twister, jC, Tri-Attack, TShock C, jC, Tri-Attack, TShock C, jC, Tri-Attack, jC, Thunder.
or, you could put TShock C, 5C over Thunder. Similar results either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)