CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cartoons! we were playing before (Ant, Oak, Oak, Rev) but it was quite laggy; so I guess I just disconnected.

Was that you again, Obsessed? We seemed to have a good connection at first, but then it kind of sputtered out.
Yeah, but at least we can get a few decent matches in.

Is there a way to change the shown name so that doesn't label me as "Unknown?"

Oh, well that's too bad about the ending. Its still really fun to play. ;)

Has anyone else made it to the end yet? :0

Edit: You should also know that the COM Pyroak doesn't need to charge his specials. Also, Uproot doesn't work when you're facing to the left.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stratagem needs a power boost D: and at least give levitate some invincibility frames, there's no reason to use it over a normal jump really.

This is really good though ;)

EDIT: Either that or the Syclant CPU needs toning down, the combos are inescapable :(
EDIT2: Playing Syclant on Sweatin' and every time (EVERY TIME) I try to jump away out of the corner it nails me with whatever the upward decimation is

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
wow i suck at this game ._. its really awesome though. great job!
It takes a lot of practice to get good. I recommend going into Versus and practicing against player 2 for a bit. It allows you to get the hang of the moves.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you can.

Whew, managed to get past Syclant and Argho on Sweatin' - you really have to know Strata to get anywhere :( Currently being toasted by guess who

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
The final boss on Sweatin'....holy shit. HOLY SHIT. It's fricking insane! And a question: How did you maked all the voices for Fidgit and Arghonaut? Are they you, or did you use a program?

downloaded this yesterday and its insane great job (: pyroak is beast nuff said.also only ones I'm good with so far is arghonaut and fidget been practicing on VS mode.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
For some odd reason, my game crashes once I beat Stratagem in Arcade. Also im kind of stupid so can someone explain me how to do the little punch sign? Because damn I always have to battle with punches, I cant use flamethrowers, energy balls and things.

Man, you know, this is amazing. I just completed Breezy with Arghonaut (Pyroak's a bitch), and I'm gonna try the wifi now.

Ok I really hate to sound rude, but Pyroak should be fixed ASAP. It is fucking ridiculous when my success in arcade mode (Sweatin' mode) is directly proportional to how many times he spams his special attacks.

I can't beat him. If I jump he spams Wood Hammer/Flamethrower. If I try staying on the ground he spams energy ball/ember. He seems to take negligible damage from any attack, and he can deal insane amounts of damage thanks to being able to combo out of almost any attack. For example he managed to do: Punch, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Wood Hammer.

He is pretty much a defensive beast, with Revenekah's power. He also has projectiles. He just really saps the fun out of Arcade mode.

Remember that I am only talking about the CPU-Pyroak. I have no idea how good he is when controlled by a human, because human players actually have to spend time charging the attacks and thus are unable to spam them. He reminds me of Street Fighter IV's Seth who was pretty much the cheapest fucking CPU opponent ever.

The game is really fun otherwise. You just need to fix that one character. You could probably just dumb down his AI for now until you find a way to make it so that he has to charge up his attacks.

Again I apologize for the harsh criticism. I am just really frustrated from playing Arcade mode.

Great game, Cartoons! i haven't had much time to play it and i've only used syclant, but i pretty much love everything about this game.

also, yeah computer pyroaks are kinda broken ._.

Lol I agree about Pyroak he is almost unstoppable.

Sadly, Stratagem is definitely bottom tier.
agreed as i find there is not much for stratagem to do.

also i cant seem to do any type of special moves for pyroak himself such as energy ball and such don't know if that's only me still getting used to controls.

The final surprise after sweatin' mode is INCREDIBLE! I can't seem to beat him, but I was very happy when I got to him =) He reminds me of what El Fuerte tried to be in SF IV

EDIT: Beat him through sheer tomfoolery. Dissapointed I didn't unlock him =(

Actually Im best with Stratagem, he's my clear fav, but Pyroak is SUCH a pain, he needs a major nerf. Amazing game Cartoons, I can't get PvP to work, but I dont even care!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get into pvp. When I go to the lobby there are no games listed.
That is because nobody is currently hosting.

I'll host a game now. Let me know if it shows up in the lobby.

edit: Nevermind. I don't think you are in the lobby anymore. PM me if you want to play a round or two.

I'm hearin' ya.

In light of the comments I've been getting, I'll be uploading a v.02 of the game shortly. This isn't something I plan to do often because I know it's a pain to have to download the newest version of something each time just to play online. But the Pyroak issue is something I really want to fix. Some of the other characters will be getting slight alterations too (just don't expect Stratagem to be game breaking all of a sudden, though he will be getting some boosts).

I will also be including a version of Lunaport that is much more user-friendly and actually has chatrooms. I didn't include it in the first package because it wasn't sufficiently tested to handle long distance connections, but since I was able to get a decent connection with someone in Texas from here in Montreal, I figured it's probably a worthy inclusion.

So please sit tight, and forgive me for releasing a new version so early, I'll try not to make this a recurring thing.

I'm hearin' ya.

In light of the comments I've been getting, I'll be uploading a v.02 of the game shortly. This isn't something I plan to do often because I know it's a pain to have to download the newest version of something each time just to play online. But the Pyroak issue is something I really want to fix. Some of the other characters will be getting slight alterations too (just don't expect Stratagem to be game breaking all of a sudden, though he will be getting some boosts).

I will also be including a version of Lunaport that is much more user-friendly and actually has chatrooms. I didn't include it in the first package because it wasn't sufficiently tested to handle long distance connections, but since I was able to get a decent connection with someone in Texas from here in Montreal, I figured it's probably a worthy inclusion.

So please sit tight, and forgive me for releasing a new version so early, I'll try not to make this a recurring thing.

The user friendly Lunaport sold it for me. All I can say is YEESS!
Forgive you? We're praising you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)