CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 7 (Base Stat Spread Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash_gearz

Gothic Togekiss

These two are the closest to the stat spread I ended up liking. I don't think 101 HP subs will be much of a problem.

Flash_gearz and Elevator Music. I think it is very important that this Pokemon has less than 555 BST not from a power point of view, but from a flavour point of view. That total is very rare, and should be restricted, for the time being, to Arcanine and Syclant. I don't want this to end up looking fanboyish.

1.) Gothic Togekiss - Fast, 100 HP, 100/95 Defenses, 80 Base Attack with ALMOST certain Earthquake = Improved Celebi. And since Celebi's alrady a bitch, well, this guy will hurt like hell.

2.) Flash_gearz - Simillar to Gothic Togekiss's spread, but a little slower and less bulky. It's pretty much a better Celebi

1. Gothic Togekiss
2. Flash_gearz

Mainly because I think those two fit the SmogImp the best, and that's who I want this Pokemon to be. Selfish? Maybe a little. ;)

Both those spreads are modified Celebi/Jirachis which is what the Imp is kinda coming from.

I was bored so I ran some damage calculations involving 80 Atk and the elemental punches. Note, I'm not saying this pokemon will get them since assumption things is bad for your health. I'm only doing this because it was interesting to see how much a pokemon with no attack EV could do with them.

Neutral Nature, No Atk EV, 80 base attack (196) using Ice Punch against:
Code:
4/0 Hp/Def Salamence:
[B]43.37% - 51.81%[/B] - Including Intimidate.
120/0 Hp/Def version:[B]
39.89% - 47.65% -[/B] Including Intimidate

4/0 Hp/Def Garchomp:
[B]52.51% - 62.57%[/B]

4/0 HP/Def Dragonite:
[B]58.02% - 69.14%[/B]
252/96 Hp/Def Impish Dragonite:
[B]40.41% - 47.67%[/B] -Possibly 2HKO when combination SR+Leftovers
Same attack number using Thunder Punch against:
Code:
216/176 Hp/Def BulkyDos:
[B]31.17% - 37.4%[/B] - Surprising how little it did despite the 4x weakness.

204/0 Hp/Def Tentacruel:
[B]36.36% - 43.18%[/B]

252/6 Hp/Def Togekiss:
[B]25.13% - 29.95%[/B] - Wow...4HKO

120/0 Hp/DefStarmie:
[B]35.05% - 41.92%[/B]
Fire Punch against:
Code:
252/156 Impish Skarmory:
[B]16.77% - 19.76%[/B]

252/8 Relaxed Brozong:
[B]21.3% - 25.44%[/B]

252/96 Relaxed Forretress:
[B]32.77% - 39.55%[/B]

Kingdrom
omgthatkid

I believe that this pokemon should have a lot of speed because, well it is a utility pokemon. It should be able to do damage to pokemon, but not kill them. Also, omgthatkid got me sold on this quote; Why is Speed so important? Speed allows this Pokemon to recover before attacked, inflict status before going down, and attack before being attacked. Basically, it lets this Pokemon go first and get something done.

1) X-Act
2) Maniacylrasist

I do love X-Act's explanation of the EV process, and the overall HP vs. Def ratio I think will fit several of the art submissions quite nicely; things that couldn't take much damage IF HIT, but because they have some sort of defenses (be it illusionary fog or rapid hand-movement) they are able to fend off most attacks. Also, I like the balance of the attack and s. attack, which gives the option of being a s.attacker without really giving up much offense. Also, I love that X-Act's could outspeed a non-scarfed Gar and taunt it; that 105-110 speed range is just what I was hoping for.

Mania's I like vs. the other spreads because its offense lies in the special side, which is where a lot of the designs look to be dwelling because they need that special-element feeling to look like they could use those tricky utility moves. It is also around that 105-110 speed area that I do like so.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
X-Act - 51
Gothic Togekiss - 38
Maniac - 33
Kingdrom - 28

---------

Flash - 22
omgthatkid - 20
Elevator Music - 15

Cut off point of half the votes recieved by the top choice seems quite reasonable. Next poll will run for 24 hours and will narrow our choices down to two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)