CAP 3D Modeling Project

Got everything for Mumbao rigged animated and rendered. Thanks Flicks for helping a bunch with the rendering process!
It is a bit big for a prevo, but given its height its about smack dab in the middle resolution wise and the details are thin enough that reducing the size makes it too crunchy.

Unless there are any major complaints, I think this is done?

EDIT: Turns out it's okay to change the shiny a bit. So I'll recolour the shiny and adjust the lighting to put the back in more shadow and then re-render for the final product.

Last edited:
Got everything for Mumbao rigged animated and rendered. Thanks Flicks for helping a bunch with the rendering process!
It is a bit big for a prevo, but given its height its about smack dab in the middle resolution wise and the details are thin enough that reducing the size makes it too crunchy.

Unless there are any major complaints, I think this is done?
Looks nice, But the back models seem to have a darker color then the front models. Is that purposeful?

How did you model that so fast compared to the main CAPs?
Probably about 50% because Mumbao is a pretty simple design to model and rig being mostly simple round shapes, and 50% because I was procrastinating my course work lmao.

Speaking of 'fast' I relit and edited the shiny (warmed up the body and made the leaves a bit bluer) so here are new renders for those.

EDIT: I'll give it a couple days for any final thoughts here/the discord, after which I'll post the actual no-jokes-forever-hold-your-peace renders

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous! How did you create such a single, continuous shape with all those little details?
I grafted them together like some sort of frankenstein's monster + subsurf modifier, lol. Old WIP model:

The hands at one point were separate too.

Working on changing the proportions from my previous post to be more accurate to Yokai's final art, but after that it should be ready for the next steps.

How did you make HOME styled renders for your Pokémon? Also, will there be renders for every CAP in that style? I really like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)