CAP 3D Modeling Project

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP of the justyke animation

View attachment 357982 View attachment 357981

We're still deciding if we should go for the more pokemon-style one or the less boring one.... any thoughts?
I've mentioned my preference already on Discord but I thought I'd record it here too. I absolutely adore the second animation. It has so much character and spirit, however, I unfortunately think that it is too exciting for using Pokemon animations, and would lean towards the more tame first one. That being said, there are still some interesting cases like Ludicolo and Mr. Mime that are particularly expressive, and I could see an argument for Justyke fitting the bill here.

I like the hammer drop Justyke. It is a little different from the traditional Pokemon standing animation, but I think it's totally acceptable since Justyke's whole deal is being a hammer, and it has no moving parts so it's very static otherwise. Also as others mentioned there are some Pokemon like Mr. Mime that are doing much more than just bobbing. If I had to pick a WIP animation where the more mainstream one is better, that would be Voodoom. The basic arm-swinging Voodoom already looks awesome, whereas the one with the quivering fists is jarring and distracting.

EDIT: There are several Pokemon that are bouncing up and down in their static animations when they could have just been standing, like Igglybuff, Azurill, Volbeat, and Spoink. If Spoink--a pig that's a spring--is allowed to bounce, I see no reason why Justyke shouldn't be able to its hammer version of a bounce. I couldn't find any analogues to Voodoom's jittery fist shaking though.

Last edited:
on the discord there's a sort of hybrid animation being worked on, where it floats while still doing hammer-like motions. I think it's a decent compromise for those that want consistency and those that want personality, I have said before that the hammering animation might be better for an attack animation

QxC4eva

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
^ that's right! Thanks for all your feedback on the Justyke animation. Many good points for both sides so it's hard to settle for either one. kjnjkmjk1 and G-Force7 suggested the idea of mixing together both and here's how they look so far...
Anim 06.gif
Anim 10.gif

The one on the right was based on Quanyails' idea to give it a v-like motion for more variance. I probably overdid it slightly but it seems to be a good contender as well, so I'll leave it here if y'all have any more thoughts on it. Shouts outs also to Darquezze, MrDollSteak and Zephyri for their constant feedback on discord.
Anim 05.gif
Anim 04.gif

Dex.png
Protowatt - now that it has been officiated, I want to finalize the model as it's been backlogged for quite a while (original post here). There's a floating and swimming animation, please vote for which one you want on PS! https://strawpoll.com/qxaf66odd

Option A
3DS Float.gif

Option B
3DS Swim.gif

Next up, finalizing Justyke and posting the final products of Voodoom and Chromera.

QxC4eva

Voodoom 3DS renders - Final Product
3DS shake.gif

Source files - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw8FAxjo2qD_elR2ZG04bHdCUlU
Dex.png

Credits
3DS no-shake.gif

We'll use shake for PS as it's the clear majority preference on discord
sorry kj I know you wanted no shake but thanks for doing this hehehe
Animation poll.png

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Credits
View attachment 359949
We'll use shake for PS as it's the clear majority preference on discord
sorry kj I know you wanted no shake but thanks for doing this hehehe
View attachment 359953
Looks absolutely amazing, thank you to all the talented people who worked on it!

Where are the prevos model sheets?
click "Tasks list" on the very first post, go to the prevo page on the spreadsheet, you can hover over wherever it shows that a model sheet was finished and it'll give you a link to where it was posted in this thread

also yeah D is my favorite of these. I've noticed B is popular, I still stand by what I said before though

on another note...
swirl text.png
swirl shiny text.png

1627309662196.png

Last edited:

QxC4eva

Last edited:
Chromera 3DS renders - Final Product
View attachment 361695
The pupper is done! MEEEOOW!!!! -> Source files <-
View attachment 361784
View attachment 361787

Model sheet: Gravity Monkey
Wireframe: Clawed Nyasu
UV mapping: Clawed Nyasu
Textures: Gravity Monkey
Rigging: QxC4eva
Animation: QxC4eva
Renders & QC: QxC4eva
Feedback crew: Darquezze, MrDollSteak, Zephyri, G-Force7 thank you!

SwSh renders
View attachment 361792 View attachment 361699

Pokemon Home
View attachment 361785 View attachment 361786
Chonky cat is free

QxC4eva

Is it possible to get access to the Source Files and Gallery google drive links from the first page? When I click each it takes me to the "you must request access" page so I did that but idk if there is anything else i need to do.
It seems that google drive changed some of their security things and the old links no longer work. I have updated the OP with the new ones. Fingers crossed that they work now!

Well, i was bored and tried putting caribolt into swsh... textures are wip but the model should work will update

Edit:
1633566485092.png

Completely unrelated, but anyone whos willing to model custom eeveelutions??? im making a swsh mod that adds more, and they are fully functional...Would be a cool project huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)