CAP 32 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sold on the idea of "Average Stats" as a mechanic. While it's BST is low, 140+ Defenses is hardly what I'd consider "average", so it just feels like we're going to be making a mon that's got some Uber grade stats and then some dump stats; Toxapex, Deoxys-S. While it's novel, I'm not exactly sure what there is to learn about that.
I like the idea of Schrodingers CAP, the most egregious example of that was Genesect, and in CAP Terms, trying to ID pre-nerf Auromoth, but I think it could be a 2 birds, one stone kind of deal - building into Kitsunoh as the concept of the scout, perhaps by providing the "Square Hole" for Kistunoh's "Square Peg", while being able to hold its own could be interesting. There have been some extremely interesting previous concepts for CAP that would be interesting to attempt under a Gen 9 toolset and experience of the team though.

Schrodinger's CAP
Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal
Bang Average

Bang Average
Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal
Schrodinger's CAP

I haven't changed the order lol
The first concept sounds very exciting to me since I have always thought that CAP mons always had very high stats (even if it's natural to do not be overwhelmed by "native" mons), and because I agree about the amount of possibilities that this base allows.
The second one sounds great too because I'm personaly fan of the concept of retaking something that already exists but is old and update it to make America it great again.
I'm not too keen on the third because I... admet that I don't totally understand it and I think it's really more complicated to design (I say that but I haven't ever designed a Pokémon but anyway) and if it sounds complicated for players it won't be good. Moreover the risk of falling into the pitfall isn't unexistent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)