CAP 32 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
1679547678087.png

Gave it some updates, particularly the slippers. I've gathered thoughts from myself and others about how it would move/attack. Essentially, when in combat, its hands can clash to create a flame it can grasp and its feet can clash to light them up as well. I want to make more concept art to illustrate this idea more, but for now I like the direction this is heading!

For now here's some concept art I've already drawn :)
1679549649000.png

Modedit: Changing second full-sized image to thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP
1679578741605.png

An update, ended up going with the caramel golem idea, and changing it up a bit (excuse the pose and proportions being slightly scrunched up I accidentally made the drawing too big lol)
made the shapes rounder, and less jagged, so it looks less like a rock type, and made the main body look a bit more like a cauldron

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WIP

tmp.png

Edit: Looking ahead to potential abilities, here's a legless version of the design.

Inspirations:

----

Old:

tmp.png

Got feedback to make the design look less like a mythical pixie, ended up turning the hula hoop rings into this design's arms.

New inspirations:
  • non-biblically accurate angels (halo, "feathers")
  • sun (solar flares, sunspots)
  • peacock feathers
  • the Whip Sword trope

Thanks to the following people for feedback: Amamama, BernardO, BobTheSeagullKing, Brown4Sides, Explosion Badger, JAGFL, Malarkey, NoahIOTJ, paintseagull, Reiga, Sheerow

----

1679698551011.png
1679698559455.png
tmp.png
1679708026750.png

Last edited:
WIP

Hello everyone! A little update on my baphomet! I tried adding some colors and settled on this grey-white-blue color scheme. I want to try and avoid red and yellow as much as possible. I would really like to hear some feedback if possible. There’s a lot of elements that I’m unsure about: is the tail too much? Is the staff necessary? Are the colors too far off the type? Is it to reminiscent of Braxien/Delphox? 2322674D-C7DC-4F33-927B-2EF0CDB62728.jpegAA383837-E137-459E-9D4C-8A558815C89D.jpeg7751E1C3-F376-4674-8AAE-214CFA976C0A.jpeg

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
WIP

I'm a bit late to the party, but let me take a whack at it! No it's not because of Genshin Addiction
This is my CAP31 WIP design, based on Ifrit.

The Ifrit is a mythical wicked fiery spirit that's often depicted in popular media as a magical summoned beast clad in fire in various parts of its body. This is still a rough draft but unlike the usual monstrous flaming ram in some games, I chose to represent Ifrit in a small, compact form akin to Pokemon like Weavile or Banette. Two small but plump horns accompanied with hair of swirling flames are still a nod to the standard Ifrit flair, but I also opted for larger forearms with bracelets of swirling fire to give its silhouette some more oomph and to break it away from being categorized as a pre-evolution.

As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated!

WIP
[image]
I'm a bit late to the party, but let me take a whack at it! No it's not because of Genshin Addiction

The Ifrit is a mythical wicked fiery spirit that's often depicted in popular media as a magical summoned beast clad in fire in various parts of its body. This is still a rough draft but unlike the usual monstrous flaming ram in some games, I chose to represent Ifrit in a small, compact form akin to Pokemon like Weavile or Banette. Two small but plump horns accompanied with hair of swirling flames are still a nod to the standard Ifrit flair, but I also opted for larger forearms with bracelets of swirling fire to give its silhouette some more oomph and to break it away from being categorized as a pre-evolution.

Your line work is amazing! Looks so neat and professional! Can’t wait to see the colors!

Modedit: Removing image in quoted post.

WIP

Hello everyone! A little update on my baphomet! I tried adding some colors and settled on this grey-white-blue color scheme. I want to try and avoid red and yellow as much as possible. I would really like to hear some feedback if possible. There’s a lot of elements that I’m unsure about: is the tail too much? Is the staff necessary? Are the colors too far off the type? Is it to reminiscent of Braxien/Delphox?
Super cute, though I would avoid adding grey since it would make it less of a fairy type and lean more towards dark. If not red or yellow, you could go for pink or orange to replace the grey.

WIP
[image]

This looks exactly like the Digimon called Coronamon

Modedit: Removing quoted image.

WIP
[image]
different thing now
Love this one! So original!

Super cute, though I would avoid adding grey since it would make it less of a fairy type and lean more towards dark. If not red or yellow, you could go for pink or orange to replace the grey.
Thank you for your feedback! Pink sounds good I’m gonna try with a pastel pink then, it will give it a bit more warmth as well!

Modedit: Removing quoted image + merging posts..

Going through my favorite designs from the thread.
Are those fire pillows? They look great, and it's a pose we don't see enough in Pokemon.
Nice clean lines! If the stats end up being speedy and frail, this design fits that to a tee. Just inhuman enough in face to balance out to my taste the heavily humanoid torso.

I'm not sure what the red/white body is supposed to be made of. If it's nothing particular, maybe make it something specific? Matches? Candy Cane? Barbershop sign?
The creative combination of traits into a beautiful unison is what I look for in Pokemon designs above all else, and with fire types especially it can be easy to just slap fire onto an animal, so it's particularly enjoyable here.
With the introduction of Maushold, we have the strongest ever precedent for Pokemon made of multiple individuals, though this is more structured like Exeggcute/Dugtrio. These bao (I encourage leaning into the bao shape, since in a design with this many pieces I think simplicity is important) are adorable, especially when they burst with fiery juice. The design on the bottom right looks most canonical to me, but regardless I can't wait to see how you continue with this design!
Elegant and professional.
Great character design, the Krampus feel really gets across. The design's a bit busy, though, when you go through updating things, perhaps you can lose a few of the elements.
Heartburn is a cool concept for a Pokemon. The face is a little offputting to me, but the crest at the head and the torso are very heart-evoking.

Last edited:
WIP
CAP32POKEMON.png

Hey guys! I'm starting to study English, so I'm sorry for any mistakes.
This pokemon's design is based on two mystical creatures: Kirin and Anhangá. And also resembles fire mages.
I chose this design because I think it fits well with some CAP 32 moves and abilities

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
WIP

I've been playing around with a few different ideas, but I'm enjoying this Sun Faerie design so far:

Without an ability or anything too concrete to work with, it's hard to say what may or may not work for CAP 32. But, I'd like to do something light and fun, and this sun pixie fits the bill for that. We'll see how it goes!

WIP

I wanted to make some sort of "fire elemental salamander" design for this CAP process. I've made it pretty doofy looking because I feel like that's the most obvious design route for a low-BST mon. I don't think this design reads as a Fire-type right now, but hopefully once I digitize it & color it in it'll start coming together.IMG_20230330_135941254~2.jpg

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)