CAP 32 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
CamScanner_03-13-2023_11.35_1.jpg

Hyena Concept ! starting off extremely simple so far, with multiple African influences including the Tabwa mythos that the Hyena brought the sun to the earth, as well as some faint Maasai influence with the vaguely Rungu-shaped tail.

I need to make it read more Fairy, and there is supposed to be some jester influence that i did not put in. Obvs not final

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
WIP
1678738925921.png

Concept 1: Need to apply some more fairy aspects. It blows flames through some part of its body.
Concept 2: Fairy frog. The tip of his tongue acts as a fiery ball
Concept 3: Fairy with fiery hair and wings. Can 'purify' someone using a weapon, most likely to do with purifying flames

Concept 1: This is still in development. Considering making the elephant blow fire from its trunk. Atm the fairy aspect correlates to a flower which releases gases the combust in the air. The flower releases these gases as a result of some form of stored energy. This could relate to a move or ability of the mon. e.g. if this mon takes a physical hit, it's ability activates/2-turn charge moves.
Concept 2: This is also still in development. The frog launches its tongue towards its enemeies. The tip of the tongue develops a ball of flames. When inside the frog, it makes the frog seem puffy and bright through its skin (To be drawn). This fire can be turned on or off as an adaptive method to hide from predators but also see in the dark. Fast mixed attacker.
Concept 3: This is still in development. She has hair made of fire, but wings resembling angels or butterflies. She may potentially wield a weapon, resonant of a paintbrush, sword or bow and arrow. Like Decidueye, the wings may be used to launch fire attacks at later stages in development. Her fire arrows purify her enemies, potentially burning them and adding a special effect that removes and prevents stat changes.

Will decide which to follow through with when we get more info. Happy with discussion, will attach thumbnail sketches later

WIP

785 sin título_20230314210313.png
Since now i have a concept for it, ive started sketching some designs, srry for thr bad quality
13/3

785 sin título_20230313140249.png
An early take on my concept for the design, a chinese paper lamp mon! Also has some silk moth, paper wasp and classic fairytale fairy elements!

Last edited:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
WIP
View attachment 499718

Concept 1: Need to apply some more fairy aspects. It blows flames through some part of its body.
Concept 2: Fairy frog. The tip of his tongue acts as a fiery ball
Concept 3: Fairy with fiery hair and wings. Can 'purify' someone using a weapon, most likely to do with purifying flames

Concept 1: This is still in development. Considering making the elephant blow fire from its trunk. Atm the fairy aspect correlates to a flower which releases gases the combust in the air. The flower releases these gases as a result of some form of stored energy. This could relate to a move or ability of the mon. e.g. if this mon takes a physical hit, it's ability activates/2-turn charge moves.
Concept 2: This is also still in development. The frog launches its tongue towards its enemeies. The tip of the tongue develops a ball of flames. When inside the frog, it makes the frog seem puffy and bright through its skin (To be drawn). This fire can be turned on or off as an adaptive method to hide from predators but also see in the dark. Fast mixed attacker.
Concept 3: This is still in development. She has hair made of fire, but wings resembling angels or butterflies. She may potentially wield a weapon, resonant of a paintbrush, sword or bow and arrow. Like Decidueye, the wings may be used to launch fire attacks at later stages in development. Her fire arrows purify her enemies, potentially burning them and adding a special effect that removes and prevents stat changes.

Will decide which to follow through with when we get more info. Happy with discussion, will attach thumbnail sketches later
WIP
1678783157858.png

I believe this is a big enough update to constitute its own post, since it pushes an established direction for my most likely design. Concept 2 was not unique enough and concept 3 will need to decrease the extent of how humanoid it is; May update on it in due time. Atm the elephant was the best option. Gave him a mushroom instead of a flower: Enchanted mushroom' in reference to Morelull and its evolution. Little updates, mostly likely pertaining to the mushrooms will be added later. Lastly, I think the shape that's displayed in the deviations from the original would best suit a final design. Open for feedback though

(To be added)

WIP
fire fairy.PNG

Still not sure if this is what I'm gonna go with in the end but I was throwing ideas at a wall and a roasted marshmallow creature that's impaled itself with its own stick is the funniest idea I could think of for a fire fairy pokemon with middling stats

WIP

and other renditions?

The fox has been pokemon-ified!!
AURORA BOREALIS?
Inspiration:
The firefox is a mythical creature which appears like a black fox at day, but at night its fur sparks with flame.
Auroras are created when its tail strikes the snow :)

Probably will adjust the colors to be the more reddish-yellow type auroras, since this version doesn't particularly look like a fairy type :P
Bonus sketches from the designing process

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
WIP

its ya boi reiga amogus... did some concepts
the ones worth highlighting:

Birthday Cake Pop Pixie Thing: it's a birthday cakepop pixie thing

Fondue Pixie: little pixie with a fondue pot for a head, dips berries it finds into the hot chocolate!! has a little fire core thing and heart shaped smoke

Unlucky Cat: based on a bake-neko cat yokai, who among their varieties are known for the doubled tail and ability to conjure fire. It's also mixed with the black cat bad luck superstition; in its bad luck it got its whole body charred! The cuts on its ears spell out 4, which spells out bad luck in east asia, but thats neither here nor there

The Fuckin Wheel: basically a kiddy version of that one hilarious old man head spinning fire wheel yokai, Wa nyūdō. Except it also doubles as a ferris wheel! The head is also vaguely shaped like a sun, I guess.

Modedit: Changing oversized image to link.
my bad -Reiga

Last edited:
WIP

my first attempt at digitalizing the draginw, and giving it colors.

im not at all happy with my digital drawing skills so any help with that matter is greatly appreciated :)

this post is mainly here to showcase the kind of color/texture dynamic im looking for (also, kept the feet with a black outline to compare how it looks alongside the orange ones)

again, any feedback is appreciated!!

WIP
Okay so rough draft so far but think jackelope vigilante with two willowisp bunnies as it’s conscious. The devil representing its fiery side, angel the fairy. Jackelopes have horns so I thought that melded with the dualit. Hard so see now but two fire balls spiraling behind it representing good and bad.
1678856195826.jpeg

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)