CAP 32 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission
15D8942B-22A1-499F-8C8B-4A986D5B0159.png
rahhh, big scary first route rodent, rahhhh! it’s got a dreamcatcher, too.

Based on Brown Rats, Weasels, and Ferrets, this is supposed to be a “first route rodent” mon, which have average stats and perform decently in the play through. I thought it would be cool if the flames were pink instead of red to imply that “mystical creature” touch (pixilation).

Attachments

Last edited:
WIP
View attachment 506674
ik yall are tired of seeing it. and unless i learn how to shade better, and after I add some fun flavor stuff, this is gonna be my final sub. dont mark this as final sub ack.
comically large sleeves
different hair/ears
no tail
head fuse is now lit
slightly different leg patterns, resembling stockings more
bits of shading, not good at that
more sideways to be more sillay
and some flavor stuff, before i changed the head fuse though.
View attachment 506676

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
WIP
bomb.png

A smoke bomb lizard. The color of the smoke that comes from the back of its head depends on its last meal, the smell can compare to a top class incense and smelling it can quickly change your emotions. To increase its firepower it lets inflammable gases come out during combat that will cause big explosions as soon as it reaches the flame on its horn. While dangerous, those explosions can be more beautiful than any firework.

hyena supporting art.png

Probably my last post before final sub. have some supporting art and explanations for some of the defining moves listed! also not shown explicitly here but it can dip its fhands into its mane much like Emboar to deliver firey physcal attacks. If a fist, then something like Fire Punch but if its more akin to a "karate chop" it'd end up being Bitter Blade.

malarkey CAP32 using boomburst:
Mel Blanc screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs compilation (HD) - YouTube

Last edited:
WIP

A lot of progress on lion dance mon, thanks to amazing feedback from those on the discord server. Shoutout to... honestly, basically everyone tbh <3, but to namedrop a few: Sunfished, FelisLicht, Quanyails, Malarkey, Gravity Monkey, ExplosionBadger.

Anywho, the design direction has pivoted to be more a blend of Northern and Southern Lion dance, especially Northern's basis off of the Pekingese. Additionally, inspo and butterfly detailing come from a very cute origin story for Pekingese about a lion falling in love with a butterfly. Also some loose inspo from foo dogs and pixiu. Def still will be making some small changes before final rendering, but it's getting to a place I'm pretty happy with :).

Also my headcannon is that during the period of time the treasures of ruin went berserk, this pokemon would protect homes and ultimately helped to seal them away.

WIP

A brief update on the process. This is the second version of goblin gal, partly based on a brownie (Irish/British house fairy that lives in hearths). Digital is absolutely not my forte, so I thought a basic version in multiple media would be a decent showcase while the digital attempt is in progress. Very much attempting a Victorian style dress with the flowy frill. BIG fan of the poofy shoulder pieces. Her eyes are probably my favourite part (I LOVE drawing eyes)

So to describe the process a little, I made my basic outline in pencil (HB 2; I don't mess around with much else), and then traced around that in black pencil crayon (do y'all say "pencil crayon" or coloured pencil"?). I then did a pastel where I could, followed by crayon where possible (use a butter knife for a more precise wax point), and then the pencil of indeterminate naming conjecture where the crayons were too large for a decent image. I also used similarly coloured pencil crayons as a means of blending. Blending is one major reason I prefer digital for colouring, as I can effectively use any colour my primate brain can imagine, and it will blend exactly as well as I want it to. As a finish, I then traced my pencil over the black outlines to intensify them further. Very proud of how well this is looking so far

Goblin Colour Pencil.png

Last edited:
WIP

CAP 32 draft 2.png

Decided to do somethng a lot different from my first draft!

Instead of an angel cake I made a flatwoods monster thats also a shooting star with a lava lamp-like head with two orbs floating inside it acting as eyes that can take on different shapes as seen in the flavor art below.
CAP supporting art.png

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
WIP
View attachment 506816
A smoke bomb lizard. The color of the smoke that comes from the back of its head depends on its last meal, the smell can compare to a top class incense and smelling it can quickly change your emotions. To increase its firepower it lets inflammable gases come out during combat that will cause big explosions as soon as it reaches the flame on its horn. While dangerous, those explosions can be more beautiful than any firework.
WIP
incenzar.png

Need to make it bigger next time.

[WIP]

WIP_2_Small.png

Most people seemed keen on the pinata, so I've been iterating on that. Here's two different directions, A is sort of a mimc-type deal with a fairy-fire tongue coming out the neck-stump, B is more of a fairy spirit inside the pinata exploding out.

Lemme know what ya think/what yall prefer! I'm also unsure of the smoke/fire colouring being the fairy-ish pink colour rather than grey/orange.

[WIP]

View attachment 507388

Most people seemed keen on the pinata, so I've been iterating on that. Here's two different directions, A is sort of a mimc-type deal with a fairy-fire tongue coming out the neck-stump, B is more of a fairy spirit inside the pinata exploding out.

Lemme know what ya think/what yall prefer! I'm also unsure of the smoke/fire colouring being the fairy-ish pink colour rather than grey/orange.
Love these designs. Design A is my preference, it's neater and more animal-like. I particularly like how the head opens like a hinge rather than being disembodied, and the torn fragments of the pinata resembling teeth.

If I have a criticism, it's that the fire element isn't conveyed strongly enough. The current pink/purple scheme on the flames could convey mystical energies or even poisonous fumes. I would suggest orange flames and perhaps a pale pink "tongue".

WIP

Here is the latest firefly lantern iteration. I have locked in the general color scheme and I prob wont change a whole lot til the end, apart from stuff to make this concept clearer :)

I also have a backup concept, which is based on a forge and a sword swallower. he pulls out big fireswords out of his mouth to slash ppl! This is for if the stats get slow, bulky, and want bitter blade. https://i.imgur.com/IstkkUm.png

Last edited:
FINAL SUBMISSION
Untitled767_20230415153705.png

here it be. dog cheerleader that i never shut up about.

Basically, dog cheerleader. Primarily since dogs are common mascots, its a perfect choice. Also, the movie air bud. For dog breeds, its primarily a golden retriever, which are known to be very friendly and hyper. On top of that, its pom-poms (which cheerleaders are known to have) are sparklers, which fit into its fire typing. It's head is a bomb, with the ponytail working as a lit fuse. It's ears work as twintails, and its long sleeves are roman candles, another kind of firework. It has patterns on its legs resembling knee-high socks, and the fur near its thighs is meant to resemble a skirt. Plus, its eyes are sparkly, typical "super energetic girl" trait.

Fire type: Fireworks (blacephalon), explosives (turtonator)
Fairy type: Generally "cute", (dedenne, dachsbun, just a buncha cutie pies), fireworks are associated with night, which a lot of fairy moves are night related. Like moonblast and moonlight.
Extreme Speed: this
Pixilate: Pink. Fairy.
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Eruption: fire pokemon is fire.
Boomburst: Cheerleaders are loud. Dogs bark.
Rapid Spin: Dancing around removes hazards, raises speed
Knock Off: you've ever had a dog steal your food?
Taunt: Cheers for its own team, pissing off the other mon
Bitter Blade: See attached image
50% Recovery (likely slack off): Taking a quick break
Fire Lash: Cheerleaders sometimes use ribbons, lash in a whip sense
Electric coverage: Cheering takes energy, energy = electricity
Supporting Material
Other image flavor stuff:
dogpose.pngdogref.png

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
FINAL SUBMISSION
incenzarv3.png

An aromatic mist comes from the back of its head, the color and smell depends on its last meal. It changes the composition of the mist during battle, turning it into a flammable gas that causes explosions comparable to fireworks once it reaches the flame on its head, not just dangerous, but also beautiful and noisy. A less concentrated amount of aromatic mist covers the rest of its body, allowing it to give magic power to its regular moves. It can stretch its arms and legs to up to four times their regular size, allowing it to bounce and get a quick burst of speed.
It is based on colored smoke bombs.
silly lizard.png

Last edited:
Final Submission
(most likely)

A volcano fairy made of volcanic ash/ pixie dust. The cloud of magical ash takes the form of a pangolin. Because we need more pangolins. Also I was inspired by how pangolins sometimes sleep in the termite mounds the feed on, which became the cinder cone.

I will hopefully add supporting artwork and may make some modifications if people have feedback, but not sure how much time I'll have.

Here are some justifications for many of the CAP32 components we have decided on or may end up using:
Pixillate: it is a cloud of pixie dust

Boomburst: volcanic explosions are loud
Extreme Speed: pyroclastic flows are FAST
Double Edge: the cone has some hard edges
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat/Heat Crash/Flare Blitz: all self-explanatory from a volcano
Parting Shot/U-turn: I'm imagining the ash pixie being able to shoot out of its cinder cone, leaving it behind as debris, and then forming a new cone of solidified ash wherever it lands. Parting Shot has extra flavor as a sound move
Volt Turn/electric coverage: static in ash clouds generates lightning - google search it, it's awesome. With Volt Switch it would be doing what I described above but crackling with electricity while doing it

Eruption: no need to explain this one
Bitter Blade: look at the cute little pangolin claws (made of ejected volcanic rock fragments)
Armor Cannon: eruption ejecting lava like a cannon, emptying cone and making it more fragile
Fire Lash: getting hit by a mini lava bomb would definitely be a lashing
Stealth Rock/Spikes: volcanic rock fragments being ejected
Rapid Spin: the ash pixie can make the volcano walk and spin around
Knock Off: getting hit by anything thrown from a volcano would knock you
Psychic coverage: the fairy has a spiritual connection with the Earth's core
50% Recovery: the volcano can rebuild from new ash deposits

SirinC&Kokomi

Pls watch Legend of Shenli
is a Tiering Contributor
Final Submission
222.JPG

Overview:
It is a kinda of Explosive bunny pounding herbs, which fights with fire powers and a firework stick.The mon's overview appearance is mainly originated in Chinese Goddess' style,but combined with lots of fairish and fiery patterns representing 烟火气(The closeness to mortal life).
Pink hued Flames and Ribbons:Mixing red and pink let it resemble both Fire and Fairy type.The ribbons are originated from some kinda Chinese Goddess, adding the sense of fairy and warmth.
Flames at the edge of the ribbon:Flames appears at the edge of the ribbon,which is often remained after the mon uses its explosive fire powers.(Willowisp etc.)
Orange light surrondings:The mon,as a cute figure, brings light, warmth and the special scent of herbs to its friends(Aromatherapy maybe).Formely it's cuz I dunno how to add a proper aura
Bipedal:The idea comes from the breloom-ish desigh which fits well with Bang Average.Partial standing makes it less nimble in running,but gained more instant power of kicking and jumping,which fits an offensive blast with the glowing fire patterns on its legs.it also resembles more tactical movements,with a tool in hand to present more skillful moves(Knock off, Rapid spin)
Herb pounder:The pounder let this min master the arts of firework gunpowder.By storing a variety of minerals(stealth rock,spikes)and herbs(X powder,aromatherapy,pollen puff)it creates various kinds of fireworks.While the mom is going to make a retreat,it simply wraps it on its back with the ribbon and runs with both four feet,
Firework:BOOOOOM(blasting moves,boom burst etc)
Flametail:By igniting it’s tail,it gains huge blasting forces making it move fast(Espeed).It may use the Pounder for its launching base.
Pink Corona:Just a tiara whichsymbolizes its magical powers.The bead on the center glows while it uses Pixiliate,infuses its attacks with fairy powers.
Fire Patterns on both sides of the body:It represents its energy within its body.It glows red while it enters battle.The more glowing it is,the more power it's got with its attacks.(Stored Power)
Eyes:All Hail Elysia

Last edited:
WIP

Well it's me with the dumplings again, eye-strain edition @-@ (sorry!) So a few changes based on feedback: Added some pinks and turned the fire to glittery embers to try and make the fairy-typing more obvious. I put a dumpling on top of the bowl and tilted it in hopes it might give a more agile look to the whole design than the original tanky feel I think the other had. On personal preference I changed their design to more closely resemble Gyazo dumplings than Bao on the hope I may reincorporate the Kintsugi elements in the bowl, since I felt weird blending a Chinese dumpling with a Japanese bowl. I feel like I went a little much on a few elements like the glittery embers and the smaller speckles across the skin, if others agree I'll definitely extra-tidy all that up for the next draft. Also my poor linework, it was a little rough this iteration lol
All in all, there are a lot of mistakes still present in this draft but I felt like it was ready enough to throw out here. Any and all thoughts are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)