Jungle Healing
Diamond Storm
Sacred Fire

Spectral Thief
Wicked Blow

Shadow Force
Spectral Thief
Thunder Cage

I believe that Shadow Force could be a great move to have on a defense mon like non we have. While my idea for a different Pokemon besides Giratina have Shadow Force would be more of a tank, hitting hard with Shadow Force repeatedly, it could also be good to toxic stall with your turn of immunity while also dealing good damage. Also there comes to a total of 12 Ghost weak OU Pokémon and CAPs. But this is sadly is where I see the good end. While Normal being immune to the move is not a huge problem because the only Normal Type in OU is Blissy and there is no full evolved CAP, the many Dark Types that resist it is a problem. With 7 Dark Types could be an major problem in stopped this CAP from spamming the move like it will most likely be built to do. Also if these CAP was to get the ghost type the 7 Dark Types and 6 Ghosts would represent a significant problem to it. Also, when you look at the reason that Giratina doesn't use this move often is the fact that it is a two turn attack. The opponent could easily switch into a min that resist the move, making it also unusable unless the team is build around it to get rid to said mons. In summary, this move could be a great move that could help a mon greatly, but being a 2 turn move with many Ghost and Dark Types that could tank the hit easily in the case of dark types and both types revenge killing the Pokemon if it ends up being a Ghost for the STAB balances it out.

I think that if Spectral Thief is used a only a tech move instead of damage output could be a niche to help check set-up threats whose name isn't Ditto. I believe that if the user was speedy, it could use the move to its best effect. This Mon could make better uses out of the move if it wasn't ghost type (Maybe electric because their known for their high speed) to be a better defensive threat and not die right away to faster ghosts(Cough, Cough Dragapult) or dark types. While Marshadow does use the move to stop Geomancy Xerneas, I believe a mon that purely uses this secondary effect while having a benefit of extra damage could be an interesting pick that would make set-up sweepers less viable.

The extra damage and trapping effect of Thunder Cage could make for a great defense mon, particularly a toxic staller. I think if the CAP had high defense stats and a way to recover, it could be a great Pokemon to use to chip down the opponent. If it had moves like Stealth Rocks and, as mentioned before, Toxic, it could use Thunder Cage additional damage and trapping to great effect. When you look at the reason Thunder Cage is not used Regieleki is because of the more powerful electric moves at its availability and it weak defensive stats, it can't use the move to its best effect. I believe if a defensive mon was introduced with this move it could slow down but the meta from its high offensive presence that hovers over the tier.

Modedit: Fixed vote formatting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diamond Storm
Spectral Thief
Wicked Blow
Shadow Force
Sacred Fire
Photon Geyser
Thunder Cage
Jungle Healing

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Sacred Fire
Diamond Storm
Spectral Thief
Shadow Force
Thunder Cage
Jungle Healing
Photon Geyser
Wicked Blow

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Diamond Storm
Photon Geyser

Sacred Fire
Shadow Force
Spectral Thief

Thunder Cage
Jungle Healing
Wicked Blow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)