CAP 28 - PRC Applications

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.
We haven't done one of these threads in a while! Although we've decided that CAP28 won't begin for at least a few weeks, there is a lot to discuss with regards to the CAP process, how this forum is run, and just general "quality of life" changes that we'd like to implement to improve the project. Apply to discuss these issues with us, or chat about it with us on our Discord channel.

This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, you cannot view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! It's a great place to read the opinions of some of the most seasoned CAP veterans.

Please stuff as much relevant information about yourself as you can in these applications; a short few lines will no longer suffice. In terms of guidance, it would be wise to describe a) your CAP experience, b) your Smogon experience, and c) your Pokemon experience. To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions. I cannot stress this enough: please take time to fill out your application thoroughly. Also, recall that this is a rolling application, meaning that you can apply whenever it is convenient for you to do so.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Note that significant work within the Policy Review Committee could earn you a Community Contributor badge. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP28 Policy Review Committee

againa
Birkal
Bughouse
cbrevan
dex18
DHR-107
Dogfish44
DougJustDoug
Empress
G-Luke
GMars
jas61292
Jho
LucarioOfLegends
Menshay
Mova
MrDollSteak
Mx
Orig Stall Guy
Quanyails
quziel
QxC4eva
Rabia
reachzero
SHSP
snake_rattler
Sunfished
Tadasuke
Wulfanator72
-Voltage-
Zephyr2007

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

I'll be leading a significant discussion in the timing, pacing, and order of the CAP process over the next few days, so you'll want to join shortly here. We're open for other topics as you have them, so please let a CAP moderator know if you're interested in making a new thread about our policy!

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm reapplying to the PRC to continue work on optimizations, especially as I have two open PRCs currently.

I have been involved in the CAP metagame and process since winning CAP TT 3, and I earned my CAP Contributor badge from contributions I made during the process of CAP 25. After that, I TLT'd for CAP 26, leading the typing stage, and TLT'd again for our recent CAP 27, leading the ability stages. I've been active throughout all stages of these processes, discussing threats, stats, and movesets both on the forums and in #cap chat on Discord to ensure that our products stay true to their concepts and that our processes run smoothly by keeping real metagame scenarios in mind.

Outside of CAP, I have significant experience in policy for Smogon and Showdown. In the past, I led OU's side of the Smogdex analysis project, deciding with my team which sets deserve analyses, how they should be written, how writers for key analyses should be chosen, and maintaining the overall quality of the subforum. I was also heavily involved in discussions around incidents of plagiarism and still chime in on policy surrounding the Contributions and Corrections subforum. Additionally, I am a Policy Admin for Showdown, working on global policy for all aspects of the site, as well as working on policy for the individual rooms I co-own, Help and OU. I also moderate the OU subforum on Smogon, handling policy on forum projects, the most visited thread on Smogon in the OU VR, and upcoming and ongoing tournaments. I'd like to continue bringing my policy history and experience to CAP to improve what's already a solid process going forward both to close out the PRCs I have open and to help contribute to new ones directed toward CAP 28. Thanks!

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello, I have been participating in the CAP metagame and process since CAP 26 Equilibra. My participation has been primarily within the competitive aspects of the process, playing the metagame, and resource development as part of the C&C team and VR team. I will describe these below.

Process Participation:

In the Equilibra process I contributed to the Concept Assessment by providing replays from NU describing how Slowbro used Future Sight (CA), advocating for specific typings (Typing 1 and Typing 2).

In the Astrolotl process I participated heavily in almost every stage, coming second in the concept poll (Concept, Poll), proposing a framework in concept assessment (Framework), and participating heavily in the typing (Typing Framework, Typing Analysis), and moveset (Moveset Submission, Moveset Analysis) portions.

In terms of metagame play and development I placed second in the USUM Autumn Seasonal, and CAP Holiday Bash, as well as being drafted and playing in last year's CAPTT on the CB Revenankhs.

I have submitted several PR proposals over the past while including the currently in consideration "Stage Order in Concept Assessment", "Replacing Custom Moves", and a "Defining Moves" PR thread.

I am also a member of the CAP VR team and CAP C&C team where I have participated in multiple VR votes, and QC'd several anaylses, and voted in the Clefable Suspect test.

Outside of CAP I have been a long term contributor to the NU metagame, and have been on the NU C&C team for a long while, and have participated in the last 3 NUPLs, and built a lot of teams for the Musharnas this year, while playing in 5 of the weeks.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Mova, I've been around helping with CAP processes since about 2014. I'm generally known for submitting art designs for most CAPs since 23 and over-relying on MS Paint to do so, as well as being a contributor who wishes to teach newcomers about the process and helping people learn better.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eh, why the hell not? (Worked on all the Gen VI projects; TLT on Naviathan and Kerfluffle; resident Smogon workhorse.)

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Looks like it is time for another PRC application. Let's just jump into it.

I'd still consider myself a relatively fresh face in the community even though I started actively contributing over 2 years ago with CAP 24. My most recent contribution to the project was being a part of the TLT for CAP 27 and leading the typing step. It has definitely been a valuable learning experience being a leader, and I'd like to see others in our community experience that in the future.

I usually gravitate towards the art side of the project having submitted art and sprites for CAPs 24-26, but have started investing more time towards competitive steps.

As for experience with the metagame, I participated in the Equilibra playtest reaching the semifinals. I also participated in the CAP Crazy Roulette and CAP Ghosting Tournament. I'm looking forward to CAPTT6 whenever that is happening.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm Quanyails!

Here was my list of qualifications from last CAP. Here's the same list, updated:

I currently:
  • Moderate the CAP Project forum
  • Own the CAP Discord server
I have:
  • Written Vote4CAP, the polling script that would be used as a foundation for CAP's current polling script
  • Written scripts to automate some CAP mod processes
  • Aggregated CAP art during CAP art submissions from CAP cycles 16 - 20
  • Set up a test Pokemon Showdown! server for CAP cycles 25 - 27
  • Created Gen. VII-style party icons for most CAP designs
  • Made contributions to early CAP 3D modeling, including creating Cawmodore's assets and Naviathan's model
  • Made contributions to current CAP 3D modeling in the form of feedback
  • Made the design for CAP 27 and offered design support for its model
  • Made 55 submissions to CAP art + sprites as of date
  • Made submissions to other parts of CAP, including concept, ability, names, Pokedex, and Gen. VII updates

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi, I'm againa, I'd like to be part of the PRC once again so I may have a voice in improving upon and maintaining the CAP metagame and process!

I'm personally most involved with the competitive aspects of CAP I began competing in CAP tournaments around the start of 2018 and I have continued to do so frequently ever since, I've accumulated a number of strong performances including winning the recent Super Special CAP Tournament and being a finalist in the equilibra playtest tournament.

As far as other involvement goes I've generally been a very active community member giving my opinions whenever I have opinions to share, I posted in the tiering separately from ou thread supporting said proposal and I was also involved in the equilibra nerfing process providing input that helped bring about the eventual changes.

In terms of the actual CAP process my input is generally minimal, however I have a very closely followed each CAPs creation since the beginning of Jumbao so I am well informed on the process as a whole and hold it in high regard.

I should also note that I'm captaining a team in this years upcoming CAPTT/CAPPL.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was TLT twice and have done CAP in some respect since DPP, though far less actively now. I led a few PRC topics too. All my stuff eventually led to a snowflake badge so I guess that makes me qualified bye.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If it ain't broke don't fix it, reposting my CAP 27 PRC application template.

Hello everyone, my name is MrDollSteak and I'm applying for CAP 28's PRC!

I first became active in CAP during CAP 25, starting off by submitting the winning sprite for Snaelstrom, although I have been a long time lurker since Gen 4. While I joined quite late in the process of CAP 25, and CAP more generally, I took a particular interest in the flavour stages of CAP 25 due to the interesting framework of creating Starter Pokemon, and became invested in the designs and felt the need to contribute. I since continued my involvement by engaging in the name and movepool stages, and later on into the prevo process. I have since gone on to submit the winning sprites for Fawnifer and Electrelk, Astrolotl, the shinies for Fawnifer, Electrelk, Swirlpool and Coribalis, the names Swirlpool, Coribalis, Equilibra and finally the winning stat spread for our most recent CAP Astrolotl. I have also gained some experience with modeling, and have made a few of the texture maps, such as for Equilibra, Arghonaut and Volkraken thanks to Tomomon's great help.

I have become increasingly more active in the competitive stages as well, submitting a slated Stat Spread for Equilibra, the winning spread for Astrolotl, various movesets and engaging in a range of discussion across other stages, which has lead me to take a further interest in CAP as a whole. I've recently been active in the creation of sets for the new random CAP 1v1 format on showdown (thanks Birkal, love the initiative there). Equilibra's and Astrolotl's process were exciting ones for me, and I would love to continue to contribute to the community by taking a more active role in shaping the future of the format. I have a few active PRC threads and comments going at the moment about how to tighten up a few of the stages in regards to changes that have come as a result of the transition to Gen 8, and would love to continue working on these, as well as the prevo flavour stages!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh man, I need to actually apply for this again now. Well, ok then.

Hi all, I'm jas. My CAP resume includes the following:
  • Topic Leader for CAP 16 - Malaconda
  • Topic Leader for CAP 21 - Crucibelle
  • Typing Leader for CAP 18 - Volkraken
  • Stats Leader for CAP 25 - Caribolt, Smokomodo and Snaelstrom
  • Moderator of the CAP forum for 7 years, from 2013 until 2020
  • Former head of CAP Live Chat Rooms
If you want more detail I can give you more. There are probably numerous other things I could have listed, but I think that should suffice for this thread's purposes.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello all you wonderful Pokemon-making nerds. I'm Voltage, and I am applying for a position on the CAP PRC

A little bit about me. First of all, my CAP experience is quite varied compared to your average CAP user. I have been lurking/half-following every CAP process since Mollux back in Gen 5, and got more involved with all things CAP around the CAP25 Starter process. Since then, I've been active in the discord discussing the Equilibra process, and I was heavily involved in the Astrolotl process with my concept being the one that was picked overall, and many of my other postings were taken into consideration for stats, threats, and typings. I am the current host of PODCap, a CAP podcast that goes into details about a variety of different topiucs related to CAP including team tournaments, and the CAP design process. I also participated in CAPTTV as a member ofthe Choice Band Revenanhks, and am the current captain of the Galactic Astrolotls for CAPPL.

Outside of CAP, I play a lot of different metagaes as a whole, while making sure to not spread myself too thin. I am involved in the NFE metagame as a council member for BW NF and CAP NFEand an avid NFE Old Gens player. I also regularly climb the ladder in a variety of main tiers like OU and UU. I've been on Smogon since 2010 (yes, really), and I've seen the developments of many different metagames (over PO and PS, was I started playing right after Shoddy was left behind) )and watched a lot of Smogon history take place. Because of my previously busy academics, I haven't had as much time to get super duper involved up until these past two years, but in that time, I have become a very common presence in the metagames I'm passionate about. While I'm quite bad at laddering for Suspects, I recently qualified for Clefable reqs, and now with that taste of voting power, I fully intend to continue to get that badge eventually (lol).

Thanks for your time, and I hope to get a cool little spot on the council.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated. Keep those applications coming! In terms of Policy Review Committee topics, I know we have a few threads open, but the CAP moderator team is about to open three more in the upcoming 48 hours. These new threads will address some of the concerns/requests made in those previous threads. Please wait as we finish up thread OPs on the following three topics:

1. Functional (and Flexible) CAP Timetable, a thread on several changes that will allow for more organic CAP creation based on the concept.​
2. Multi-Faceted CAP Release Process, a thread on releasing a CAP multiple times based on server testing and balancing.​
3. Cascading CAP Processes, a thread on starting new leadership nominations and concept submissions before the conclusion of a previous CAP.​

As you can see, these are some pretty big topics that could fundamentally change CAP. I ask that you hold any pre-conceived notions about these three topics until the release of their OPs into the PRC, with fully detailed proposals and reasoning. If you are interested in having a say in these topics, please continue to apply to the PRC. Thank you in advance!

Hello, I'm Mx and I would like to apply for this cycle of CAP PRC.

I've actively participated in CAP since the Gen 7 updates, I've taken part in most competitive discussions since then and I was Movepool leader during the Jumbao project. On the metagame side of things, I'm an avid player, usually doing pretty well in tournaments and I'm part of the metagame council. I've also hosted several tournaments in the metagame forum, contribute to the Viability Rankings and I'm in charge of the Role Compendium and Speed Tier threads.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Greetings, I'm G-Luke and I would like to reapply for CAP 28 PRC

I have been an active participant since the Gen 7 updates, have contributed several components to both the mainline CAPs, and the CAP Prevos. I have served as a member of the TLT during Equilibra's run, and I am very active on both the discord and PS Room servers.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Oh it's that time again. Name's LucarioOfLegends, putting in my application for CAP PRC.

Been in CAP since the end of Gen 6 and h asv e participated in numerous different events and process. Highlights include a time on Gen 7 CAP C&C, participation in Gen 7 Updates, being an Update Leader in Gen 8 Updates, and being TLT for Pajantom and Astrolotl. I am very active on Discord and somewhat active on Showdown.

I have been providing comments and votes in the more flavour-oriented steps of CAP since at least Tomohawk, occasionally submitting movepools.
I contributed to the CAP pre-evolution mass-creation project providing movepools and other inputs.
Most recently, I did some movepool checks for the G8 moveset updates.
In general I am more interested in the flavour aspects than the competitive ones (I basically only play random Doubles on Showdown), but I still think I can provide some inputs on potential issues I see with parts of the process, including in the currently active threads.

Hola Airwind here I would like to apply for PRC this time because I have some ideas I would like to explore which can help the metagame in becoming one more popular

I have been in the community around gen 6/7 and I have contributed to the community writing articles and being part of the CAP Social Media Team and I made some projects back in gen 7 like the ones you can find down below and I have successfully hosted 2 tournaments and I was captain for blazing pyroak in CAP TT 4 which my team was second places. And for playing pokemon showdown I have been playing for 7 years and 4 in smogon

Articles wrote/helped:
https://www.smogon.com/articles/offense-cap
https://www.smogon.com/articles/cap-24-jumbao

Torunament experience
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/captt-iv-finals.3641206/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-cap-doubles-tournament-won-by-yellow-paint.3609349/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nostalgia-for-oras-cap-winner-by-heaven-jay.3627806/
Manager for Blazing Pyroak for CAP TT IV
Player of Punny Privatakes
Player of Crackling Krilowatts for CAP TT 3

Projects I hosted/co-hosted
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-player-of-the-week-8-heaven-jay.3626300/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-teambuilding-workshop-v3.3622730/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-replays-thread-v2-submit-your-fun-and-close-games.3627396/

As you can see I have a lot fo experience and I would love to be part for this PRC cycle because I really enjoy being part of the community

Howdy, I'm reapplying to the PRC to continue to provide policy feedback.

I've been apart of CAP since the end of Gen 6, and have been very active in the community in various ways since then. I've been a major contributor to the tournament scene, whether that be leading teams in the largest annual CAP tournament, or setting trends that have shaped the metagame in the past, and have worked closely with just about every major current CAP contributor. While these ways have changed over time, especially since my retirement from competitive play two years ago, I still keep up with the goings-on of the community, and I am reapplying the PRC to continue to give constructive feedback on policy. I've been apart of many processes and have a wide knowledge of the ins and outs of CAP and of competitive Pokemon itself. I feel I have a unique set of knowledge, and the skills to apply said knowledge, that is indispensable to the community, and I reapply to continually be able to give direct feedback on the important decisions the community makes. Having witnessed so much, I wish to use that experience to continue to be a part of the system which steers this community. Thanks for reconsideration.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
I made this VR post and would like to believe I am heavily contributing to my CAPPL team's success through building and playing (shockingly not inting every week pogchamp). I also got a concept slated for CAP28, so that must mean something. I also have generally good experience with discussing competitive mons related stuff---helped lead me to my NU council position---and have been playing Smogon metagames since 2011, so I think my opinion would be useful.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My name is reachzero, and I'm a CAP veteran, two-time TL and stat leader for Jumbao and Pajantom (please don't hold that against me!). I'd like to apply to the PRC.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey pals, making a quick post to sign up for PRC. My contributions to CAP include:
  • Active participation in the PS! CAP Room since 2013
    • Current moderator in said room
  • Being a moderator in the CAP Discord channel since its inception
  • Lurking and voting in CAP projects since CAP 18
  • Hosting a slew of tournaments on the metagame subforum such as:
    • SS CAP Budget Tournament
    • SS CAP Regular Tournament
    • SS CAP Cyclohm Cup
    • SS CAP Snake Draft
    • ORAS CAP Dark Horse Tournament
  • Participating in tournaments such as:
    • CAPTT I
    • CAPTT III
    • CAPPL VI
Hopefully this is enough to qualify me for the committee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)